Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Envioushost acquired by Root Level Technology
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Envioushost acquired by Root Level Technology

jakejake Member
edited August 2013 in General

Root Level Technology is a relatively new company with a business model focused on acquiring customers instead of spending the time to build a client base. Root Level Technology has been the center of attention this year with the recent acquisitions of the FTNHosting brands (URPad, K-Disk, VMPort) and SemoWeb, which are prominent LE* providers. In addition they have acquired hosts from other markets as well, such as ReliaBox, ServerSavior, HostAndStore, and DediFrance.

It looks like yet another company is being added to their profile today, according to their nameserver records. Envioushost.com is now hosted on Root Level's DNS servers, but the WHOIS does not appear to reflect Root Level Technology just yet. It's possible things are still in the finalizing stage.

Envioushost.com also owns SubVM.com, which I assume was also acquired by Root Level Technology.

Congrats to Envioushost I guess? But honestly, this is the first time I've heard of them.

Comments

• Maybe I enter Kickstarter and then submit business plan to sell to Root Level after 6 months

• ATHKATHK Member

Another one bites the dust.

• jakejake Member

@jcaleb said:
    Maybe I enter Kickstarter and then submit business plan to sell to Root Level after 6 months

LOL

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2013

But honestly, this is the first time I've heard of them.

This is the first time I hear about both of them...

and honestly -- who the f--k cares? Why even post this if even to you it's some unheard name.
    Looks like just some spam to promote this "Root Level".

• I thought before FTN was big. But still got bought.

• jakejake Member

@rm_ Just because it's the first time I heard about them, doesn't mean it's the first time others have heard about them. What's wrong with discussing some industry news on a web hosting forum?

• jakejake Member

@jcaleb said:
    I thought before FTN was big. But still got bought.

Money Talks

• This is the first time I hear about both of them...

First time I ever heard of them too, but if you google "envioushost +site:hackforums.net" there's lots of minecraft playing skids who love them and highly recommend them. :)

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Congratulations to root level on their latest acquisition.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2013

@jbiloh said:
    Congratulations to root level on their latest acquisition.

I wonder who will be making a deal with them next?

BTW: This was originally posted at my forum. OP should give credit where it is due.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@MannDude said:
    BTW: This was originally posted at my forum. OP should give credit where it is due.

I expect they will be taking a step back to mesh everything together before announcing further deals.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@jbiloh said:
    I expect they will be taking a step back to mesh everything together before announcing further deals.

First, thanks for editing my post and changing what I said plus removing the link to the actual source of the OP's info.

In regards to their future deals: They've not announced previous ones completely and ink doesn't take that long to dry. I'd not really expect them to announce future ones either unless it came out like their past ones. Theres more, but maybe @Jake can go re-read the original thread and go rip more content to re-post here.

• I wonder how much they paid for each of the VPS hosts they bought and how many customers the likes of UrPad/Semo/VMPort had? What is the price/customer?

• Just gonna link original source and see if it gets edited out too:
    Originally posted in here: http://vpsboard.com/topic/1740-did-root-level-technology-just-acquire-another-company/
    OP shamelessly ripping info.

Thanked by 2MannDude jar
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

OH, come on, is that really so important, does it involve some dangerous or creative activity to get those news ? Do i really have to give the source all the time about what I know ? FFS, this is not wikipedia.

Thanked by 2mpkossen asterisk14
  • Considering the quality of the starting post vs. the original thread - I'd rather read the original version.

• @jcaleb said:
    Maybe I enter Kickstarter and then submit business plan to sell to Root Level after 6 months

Damn, wish I have thought about that.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • @Maounique said:
    OH, come on, is that really so important, does it involve some dangerous or creative activity to get those news ?

It's questionable whether a company buying a bunch of 1-man shows run from someone's basement that are virtually unknown outside of the forums they have posted offers on even qualifies as news. :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@fisle said:
    Just gonna link original source and see if it gets edited out too:
    Originally posted in here: http://vpsboard.com/topic/1740-did-root-level-technology-just-acquire-another-company/
    OP shamelessly ripping info.

Linking original source is fine unless someone is scared and butt hurt. If they are, feel free to continue to make it obvious and do your thing to my quote here Jon.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • BTW: This was originally posted at my forum. OP should give credit where it is due.

Dab generously on the affected area as your butthurt is almost a full blown wildfire

Thanked by 2DomainBop jar
  • @doughmanes said:
    Dab generously on the affected area as your butthurt is almost a full blown wildfire

You should probably know that was actually a link to the thread, and jbiloh edited it to "my forum".

• jakejake Member
    edited August 2013

@MannDude, a buddy of mine linked me to this on Skype last night. He never mentioned the source, but I agree with you that he most likely found out from VPSB...

After he linked me to it and since I was surfing LET before I headed to bed, I figured why not make a thread about it since I didn't see one created yet.

Stuff posted first on LET gets re-posted on WHT all the time, and stuff that gets posted first on WHT gets re-posted on LET all the time as well. Doesn't always mean it was intentionally 'ripped' though - news that are interesting are going to be posted on multiple sites. Simple as that. And believe it or not, this extends beyond the hosting industry too! Technology sites I surf like Engadget and Gizmodo, I always see the same content here and there on both. Same applies for sites centered towards car enthusiasts like myself - cars.com and edmunds.com...

I apologize if I came off in a manner that I was ripping content off your site, as it was not my intention.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited August 2013

Ripping 'content'. Is this 'content'? Grow up.

• @fisle said:

You imply that I care which I do not.

• SysAdminSysAdmin Member
    edited August 2013

The irony isn't lost on me that MannDude is suggesting content has been ripped from his site.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

RLT is taking over.

• I like to see companies make waves, looks like Root Level is doing good things.

• @Nick_A More like, ColoCrossing is taking over.

• "And the stars were right, and RLT has taken over EIG, and all hosting providers, both puny and huge, were given a choice - to bow down before RLT supremacy, or get assimilated, spoilt and forgotten".

(from "The Book Of Hosting Prophecies")