Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DediLink.eu free trial vps review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DediLink.eu free trial vps review

MuZoMuZo Member
edited April 2013 in Reviews

Got a free 7 days trial vps from: dedilink.eu

freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh

CPU model : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Number of cores : 8
CPU frequency : 84.472 MHz
Total amount of ram : 256 MB
Total amount of swap : 128 MB
System uptime : 5 min,
Download speed from CacheFly: 11.0MB/s
Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 2.98MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 5.26MB/s
Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP:
Download speed from i3d.net, NL: 11.1MB/s
Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 9.40MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 3.06MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 5.50MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 4.77MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 6.15MB/s
I/O speed : 176 MB/s

speedtest.net python cli

root@testde:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=iotest bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync

16384+0 records in
16384+0 records out
1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 6.12136 s, 175 MB/s

root@testde:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test.bin bs=64k count=4k oflag=dsync

4096+0 records in
4096+0 records out
268435456 bytes (268 MB) copied, 7.14365 s, 37.6 MB/s

OpenVZ based, SolusVM control panel.
Tun/Tap and PPP are off and blocked on the control panel, don't know if it's beacuse of the trial.
Servers located in Accelerated IT Services datacenter in Frankfurt, Germany.

No credit card / phone verfication was asked, provisioning in 10-15min after order.

Some of their products fit even in LET pricing:
VPS-XXS
VPS-XS
VPS-S
However they ask for a setup fee, that decrease if you order for a long term.

EDIT: running a serverbear on it, will update once finished

Comments

• just try order and wait for accept

• DedilinkDedilink Member
    edited June 2013

Thank you MuZo, for testing our service.

At first: The new order URL is http://www.dedilink.eu/cl/cart.php?gid=1

Next: "Tun/Tap and PPP are off and blocked on the control panel, don't know if it's beacuse of the trial." It was off, cause of the trial. If you would have asked us for enabling this feature, we would have activated this for your vps. The paid versions have TUN/TAP and PPP available but disabled by default and can be enabled in the control panel.

Also, we switched the product to individual configuration setup ability.

Again, thanks for testing our service :-)

P.S. The free VPS had only 10Mbps, all other VPSes have 100Mbps connection.

• Dedilink seems to manually provision all orders. Paid a little over an hour ago. Probably they don't provision over weekends.

• this was instant setup, amazingly fast, hope it lasts...

• [email protected]
    Return to [email protected]
    Error Message
    The link you have used to enter the PayPal system contains an incorrectly formatted item amount.

• ?

• @joelgm said:
    Dedilink seems to manually provision all orders. Paid a little over an hour ago. Probably they don't provision over weekends.

We normally do not provision orders manually but PayPal sometimes has problems to reach our servers, which is weird and stupid at the same time. However it worked for the last few days, so can you please give me an invoice-ID or invoice-date i can look for?
    Please note: We still do not have an automatic bank transfer or Paysafe Card payment gateway and therefor we still need to check those manually.

@hawks said:
    [email protected]
    Return to [email protected]
    Error Message
    The link you have used to enter the PayPal system contains an incorrectly formatted item amount.

Please try again. We tried to integrate a new Paypal payment gateway which didn't work as expected and changed back to the default WHMCS one.

• @Dedilink said:
    We normally do not provision orders manually but PayPal sometimes has problems to reach our servers, which is weird and stupid at the same time. However it worked for the last few days, so can you please give me an invoice-ID or invoice-date i can look for? Please note: We still do not have an automatic bank transfer or Paysafe Card payment gateway and therefor we still need to check those manually.

Yes it was Paypal. Interestingly, I visited the control panel and found that it had been provisioned. I didnt receive any emails at all (not in my spam box either), so you might want to check your mail server.

I'm already using your VPS fine, and I have to say this works quite well. I've already added it to my monitoring script here.

• @joelgm said:
    I'm already using your VPS fine, and I have to say this works quite well. I've already added it to my monitoring script here.

Weird.. I can see the mail with the subject "Zahlungseingangsbestätigung" (we currently do not provide english automated mails :-) has been sent 18.08.2013 03:52 (GMT+2) right after your payment.

• We have decided to no longer operate Dedilink.eu and related servers and services, as Dedilink and I, the owner and CEO of Dedilink, aren't able to pay outstanding bills and depts for Dedilink anymore.
    You as customer have time until 2013-09-01 GMT+1 until saving your data from your vps and finding a new VPS provider. Good server providers are in our eyes IP-Projects, Hetzner and OVH and in case you need a cheap vps, take a look at the http://lowendbox.com/ page. If you can't find anything fitting to your needs, you can still ask us for helping you finding one for you.

They goes down with dignity (better than disappearance).

• Didn't get my trial when I applied a week ago :-(

• @asterisk14 said:
    Didn't get my trial when I applied a week ago :-(

Looks like they're out of business;

Dear Dedilink-Customers, We have Decided to no longer operate Dedilink.eu and related servers and services, as Dedilink and I, the owner and CEO of Dedilink, Are not viable to pay outstanding bills and depts for Dedilink anymore. You as customer have time until 2013-09-01 GMT +1 until saving your data from your vps and finding a new VPS provider. Good serverProviders are in our eyes IP Projects, Hetzner and OVH and in case you need a cheap vps, take a look at the http://lowendbox.com/ page. If you can not find anything fitting to your needs, you can quietly ask us for helping you finding one for you. If you have any additional questions, feel free to drop us a mail to [email protected]. Best regards, Kevin Holly Dedilink.eu CEO

• That's a shame, they had a good Pay As You Go pricing model so only pay for resources you need. We need more like this!

• how to get refund ?

• @kluncrit said:
    how to get refund ?

How much did you pay? I paid just €0.66 and most certainly am not going to bother them for this pittance. Why dont you try opening a ticket?

Sad that they've broke. It was an awesome pricing model. Too bad it didnt bring profits.

• @joelgm >4uero, i ordered 3 days ago

• @joelgm said:
    I've already added it to my monitoring script here.

That was short and sweet!