Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What BF2019 you are not renewing this year? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What BF2019 you are not renewing this year?

2»

Comments

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Yep 5 star service - let's hope I don't want to reconfigure too often though. ;)

All good if you do, we're here 24x7 :)
    Happy to hear things are working out. If we ever fail to meet your expectations please let me know [email protected] I'll be here to help.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @elliotc said:
    Servarica's ipv6 only 500GB $12/year
    lack of ipv4 network really annoys me to be honest.

Same. I thought I will be able to work it out but having no IPv4 is pain in the ass.

Thanked by 2raynor seenu
  • ur mom

Thanked by 1bdl
  • Just about all my virmach, keeping two that actually host sites but the other like 10-12 going byebye

• elliotcelliotc Member
    edited November 2020

@king8654 said:
    Just about all my virmach, keeping two that actually host sites but the other like 10-12 going byebye

The ipv4 shortage can be easily solved if LETers stop holding their ips :D

edit: typo

• @dustinc said:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Yep 5 star service - let's hope I don't want to reconfigure too often though. ;)

Happy to hear things are working out. If we ever fail to meet your expectations please let me know [email protected] I'll be here to help.

So if a ticket goes in Friday midnight, it'll be answered on Saturday and not Monday?

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@TimboJones said:

@dustinc said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

So if a ticket goes in Friday midnight, it'll be answered on Saturday and not Monday?

Correct :) I'm sure many here can confirm this, our support is helpful and quick.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@elliotc said:
    The ipv4 shortage can be easily solved if LETers stop holding their ips :D

IPv4 shortage can be alleviated if Virmach allows me to request removal of the second IPv4 without charging an administrative fee.

I deleted ifupdown package not knowing OpenVZ6 requires it for networking, and technical support added a second IP thinking it would solve the problem.
    Now it becomes KVM and DHCP would only give me one IP, so the other isn't actually usable.

• i have canceled the offer from Virmach BF2019 🙏 i'm sorry

• Cancelled all my virmach.

• Seems like Virmach is soooo 2019

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @dahartigan said:
    Seems like Virmach is soooo 2019

Virmach is soooo deadpooled

Fixed :tongue:

Thanked by 2dahartigan yoursunny
  • seenuseenu Member
    edited November 2020

after buying 6 in 2018 BF deals and using them....i decided not to buy anymore from virmach at all.

those deals are good only for idling (infact a vps was suspended stating some reason which i didn't even logged in once)

@elliotc said:

i feel same but i will keep it as i learned how to use it now (still is a PITA but i do only cron rsyncs so okay)

• @seenu said:
    after buying 6 in 2018 BF deals and using them....i decided not to buy anymore from virmach at all.

those deals are good only for idling (infact a vps was suspended stating some reason which i didn't even logged in once)

That sounds like your server got hacked and you were a bad neighbour. Don't do that. Either set it up with security and automatic updates, or power it down.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • cazrzcazrz Member
    edited November 2020

I have already set to migrate 7 services out of Virmach. And 19 more soon to move out. Moving all of them to gocorelabs, intovps and vultr.

• cancelled almost all of my BF deals with Virmach except for a discounted Server using for backup data purposes.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@elliotc said:

Really? Those are the only ones I'm keeping. Try switching DNS to https://nat64.net/ for outbound v4 connectivity (to anything with a hostname)

• @seenu said: those deals are good only for idling (infact a vps was suspended stating some reason which i didn't even logged in once)

I'm actively using my VirMach servers and find them quite good and stable. Of course, you need to understand your own usage and do stuff like offloading logs to reduce I/O, but generally as a HAProxy frontend, nameserver, etc. they are fine.

I plan to keep most of mine for another year, but will let some go just because I have too many and want more diversity in providers (and geographically).

• Im getting now no initial reply from support after more than 10 hours of initial ticket from Virmach. The service is offline.

@VirMach

• @tetech said:

@seenu said: those deals are good only for idling (infact a vps was suspended stating some reason which i didn't even logged in once)

I'm actively using my VirMach servers and find them quite good and stable. Of course, you need to understand your own usage and do stuff like offloading logs to reduce I/O, but generally as a HAProxy frontend, nameserver, etc. they are fine.

I plan to keep most of mine for another year, but will let some go just because I have too many and want more diversity in providers (and geographically).

Same here. I am running a WooCommerce store on their BF2018 $1/year 1GB/1core VPS and it is working fine. No issues so far.
    I also have another $24/year 8GB/4Core VPS which is idle. Thinking whether to renew or not. I am thinking of moving that WooCommerce store to this VPS in which case I will renew.

• Hosthatch london 1gb and Virmach most likely. On the fence for 8 gig Kvm Host slick

• When will the Black Friday offers be advertised?

Are providers allowed to jump the gun, or do we have to wait till November 27th or November 26th if you are in New Zealand, Kiribati or somewhere like that?

• Cancelled one Virmach, LAX, 2GB Ram, 1CPU, 15GB SDD, 1TB BW, $27. 🤔

• @vyas11 said:
    Hosthatch london 1gb and Virmach most likely. On the fence for 8 gig Kvm Host slick

Why HostHatch? Any problems?

• @vyas11 said: Hosthatch london 1gb and Virmach most likely. On the fence for 8 gig Kvm Host slick

HH Storage?

• Didn't buy much last year. 2 Virmachs. One is a sure thing keeper, one isn't!

• @rchurch said:
    When will the Black Friday offers be advertised?

Are providers allowed to jump the gun,

Uh, BF advertising isn't regulated and they can do whatever the fuck they want.

• @TimboJones said:

@rchurch said:

Nothing like BLACK FRIDAY 2019 OFFICIAL DEAL THREAD: K-POP EDITION?

• Cancelling 1.5GB 40GB, 16$ plan from virmach, but keeping 12$ 4GB 12Gb one.

• @rchurch said:

@TimboJones said:

@rchurch said:

Nothing like BLACK FRIDAY 2019 OFFICIAL DEAL THREAD: K-POP EDITION?

Posted on (or just before) BF day with specific attention, we're still a week plus out from BF. Also, I'll point out at that link, "OFFER RULES: NONE".