Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help migrating
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need help migrating

Hi Folks,

I have a VPS with cpanel/whm running for almost 5 years. It has about 41 cpanel accounts. The VPS has not been well maintained including upgraded to latest centos or patched.

I would like to setup a new VPS, configure it all and migrate all my sites over to the new server. I have never done a full cpanel/whm setup with firewall config, etc. Can someone point to a nice guide. Also, if someone is able to help me on a remove Zoom session for $$$, can they please PM me.

Thanks.

Thanked by 1MikePT

Comments

• Hey Bud,
    Does it have to be Cpanel?

• Yes

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

What do you want?

1. A fully managed VPs with Cpanel license where the host will setup and transfer all accounts?

If yes then what's the vps config you are looking for and what's your budget for that?

Or

1. You already have VPs from a host and you just want someone else to setup and transfer all accounts?

If this one you need then I think you need an administrator

As you said you have 41 accounts so you need a Premier license which will cost you at least $45 per month only for cPanel license.

• Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @ViridWeb said:
    What do you want?

1. A fully managed VPs with Cpanel license where the host will setup and transfer all accounts?

If yes then what's the vps config you are looking for and what's your budget for that?

Or

1. You already have VPs from a host and you just want someone else to setup and transfer all accounts?

As you said you have 41 accounts so you need a Premier license which will cost you at least $45 per month only for cPanel license.

Yes option 2 and I already have the license for everything and a host. Just need help setting up the new server correctly, locking it down and help migrating things over.

• @cociu said:
    @MikePT

I believe he is dealing with his child's medical issues these days

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Sent you a PM if you are looking for the latter

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2020

@mansoor said:

@ViridWeb said:
    What do you want?

Or

Yes option 2 and I already have the license for everything and a host. Just need help setting up the new server correctly, locking it down and help migrating things over.

Maybe Bobcares can help you. They are good. But I don't think they will teach you how to manage server via zoom or any other app. As I remember they reply on the support tickets.

You can contact them directly to confirm

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@mansoor said:
    Hi Folks,

I have a VPS with cpanel/whm running for almost 5 years. It has about 41 cpanel accounts. The VPS has not been well maintained including upgraded to latest centos or patched.

I would like to setup a new VPS, configure it all and migrate all my sites over to the new server. I have never done a full cpanel/whm setup with firewall config, etc. Can someone point to a nice guide. Also, if someone is able to help me on a remove Zoom session for $$$, can they please PM me.

Thanks.

@cociu said:
    @MikePT

@mansoor said:

@cociu said:
    @MikePT

I believe he is dealing with his child's medical issues these days

Thank you guys!

I can do this, though I am not the cheapest.

• MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

Perhaps a managed VPS can be a good fit for your requirements. It usually comes with free migration.

• You can just use normal cpanel to cpanel account migration would be the best way.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@mansoor said:
    Hi Folks,

Thanks.

I'm not sure about the Zoom session, but if you wanna move, we can help with infra + licensing.