Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Owned = No Transfers allowed and No 12 month support packages.....
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Owned = No Transfers allowed and No 12 month support packages.....

JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep
edited October 2020 in General

A recent email from WHMCS........

"Thank you for contacting WHMCS.

Our Senior Management Team has recently revised our Terms of Service and End User License Agreement (EULA) modifying the License Transfer Policy. Due to this, we now no longer allow the transfer of any type of license to a third party. Following this change, holders of an “Owned Software License” may no longer make transfer of their licenses.

Owned Licenses were discontinued from sale in October 2016, and this is the next stage in our winding down of an end of life product line.

Due to this update in policy, the decision was made to remove the 12 month option for Support and Updates at this time. The option that is currently available is the 6 month option.
We do apolozise if this has caused any inconvenience to you."

Thanked by 2pphillips Ticaga

Comments

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

Due to this update in policy, the decision was made to remove the 12 month option for Support and Updates at this time. The option that is currently available is the 6 month option.

I wonder if they're planning on removing the 6 month support option next year.

• @jackb said: I wonder if they're planning on removing the 6 month support option next year.

be sure will try.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

I wondered this.... That is really unfair... I mean I made 14 tickets last year and 2 this year.
    Some of them were marketplace ones...

it was $99 a year... (been a customer since 2015)

now its about 59.95 per 6 months so a $20 increase over a year... I buy a few 6 months

• all idiots is copy cpanel policy , i understand to have quality need funds , i understand need maintenance but with all this up prices i can only understand is go for the money . CPANEL , WHMCS, and espect DA do the same (was start with no lifetime) .

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@deank

Francisco

• Body is required.

@cociu DA owned allows updates... Just no support.... I can live with that :)

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I've been saying it for hundreds of years.

The end is nigh.

• Ouch. Way to piss off long term customers.

Licence transfers are maybe understandable but changing support plus the cPanel pain is going to push a lot of people into looking at other options.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Just trying to puss all their customers to pay on monthly basis, just they don’t care about owned license holders anymore.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@experttechit said: "We do apolozise if this has caused any inconvenience to you."

This sounds sincere.

Thanked by 2coolice webcraft
  • armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Non paying lifetime licenses around = WHMCS no gusta.

Monthly licenses = WHMCS gusta mucho. : )

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited October 2020

@cociu said:
    all idiots is copy cpanel policy , i understand to have quality need funds , i understand need maintenance but with all this up prices i can only understand is go for the money . CPANEL , WHMCS, and espect DA do the same (was start with no lifetime) .

Feel bad you man. I belive you have a few lifetime license on your sleeve.

We really need a standarized open source solution for both billing and panel. So company won't pull this shenanigans every fucking years.

If the open source solution can get as big as WordPress the company will sure learn its places.

Thanked by 2zenki default
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@cociu said: WHMCS, and espect DA do the same (was start with no lifetime) .

Can't be compared. WHMCS never had 'lifetime', you always had to have a support contract ($100/year?) for updates. You saved some cash and I guess had the option to not upgrade if you wanted, but at least back then you really needed to.

7+ hasn't done much but break a lot of things. 3ds is great but it took way too long to come about. Pay methods are nice but they're a shitshow to work with.

Francisco

• wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

This makes me quite glad we left WHMCS behind now. Though, at the rate their parent organization is shaking cPanel and WHMCS up... how long is it until they hike to $0.50/customer on top of it all?

• Just from greed, I am feeling a price increase from them soon. Already moving to other options now, maybe Blesta or WiseCP.

• gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

@wdmg said: This makes me quite glad we left WHMCS behind now. Though, at the rate their parent organization is shaking cPanel and WHMCS up... how long is it until they hike to $0.50/customer on top of it all?

What are you using now?

• wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

@gleert said:

@wdmg said: This makes me quite glad we left WHMCS behind now. Though, at the rate their parent organization is shaking cPanel and WHMCS up... how long is it until they hike to $0.50/customer on top of it all?

What are you using now?

HostBill

I looked at host I’ll and it works with more of my suppliers, like inty, but not sure if it’s worth it?