Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is the Help Section Right?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

This is the Help Section Right?

Well I think I need help? I now have purchased 6 VPS's in my first month. I am enjoying the learning process but certainly got wrapped up into some of the good deals here. I guess in a years time I will have to cull the heard a bit.

Now what to do with them? I am currently using 3 of them individually for Wordpress, Kanboard and Nextcloud. Which for the most part I could have run all 3 on one VPS. I am the only one accessing any data and I am not really putting up anything of worth due to I am still in the learning process.

My name in mtsjr and I am a VPNaholic.

Comments

• @mtsjr said: Now what to do with them?

You're doing just fine, stop worrying about them and keep paying. Thats how we all do it.

• Consolidate everything on the "best" VPS and providers based on your needs (could be the cheapest, could be most performant, could be closest t you- whatever is best. May want to cancel any that are monthly. Any that are yearly that you don't need- maybe see if you can transfer them. I've switched to all hourly- so if I buy things I don't need I can regain my sanity and then cancel them in a few days or a week and reduce my expenses.

• @Unbelievable said:
    Consolidate everything on the "best" VPS and providers based on your needs (could be the cheapest, could be most performant, could be closest t you- whatever is best. May want to cancel any that are monthly. Any that are yearly that you don't need- maybe see if you can transfer them. I've switched to all hourly- so if I buy things I don't need I can regain my sanity and then cancel them in a few days or a week and reduce my expenses.

Yes that will be my goal to consolidate. I paid for everything up front which I am OK with but I am currently working on the consolidation part before I start relying on my setup too much. I am also in the process of best practices backing up data. I am marking in my calendar a month before the year mark so I can cancel the VPS fat. Hell if I can find a reason to have my mini VPS server farm I could keep them and not feel bad hahaha.

• @mtsjr we have all over bought servers at some point - welcome to the club :)

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited September 2020

@mtsjr said:
    I am marking in my calendar a month before the year mark so I can cancel the VPS fat.

Cancel before Black Friday so you can spend on BF. Good call, you're learning quickly.

Edit: oops, you meant end of the prepaid year, not end of this year.

Thanked by 1mtsjr
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited October 2020

@mtsjr said: Well I think I need help? I now have purchased 6 VPS's in my first month.

Come back when you have 24 VPSes and then we'll start the therapy in earnest.

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
  • Brilliant List. Thanks a ton.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@FAT32 said:

And he pulls out a folded piece of paper from his wallet which appears to be a detailed list all his idling VPSs - like how we used to write down our contacts / phone numbers on paper in the old days :joy:

Thanked by 2FAT32 raindog308
  • @FAT32 said:

Is that @deank ?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Give it a few months. He will get another user ID and spam "a company".

• thank you. gonna bookmark this thing

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@thedp said: And he pulls out a folded piece of paper from his wallet which appears to be a detailed list all his idling VPSs

LowEndConfigurationManagement

Thanked by 1DP
  • I do have 4 vps. Among 4 vps, using 1 vps as nextcloud. Rest of 3 vps just idling. Donno what to do !

Not making anything useful or making any penny from it.

Noobie, procastinating... 😣🥺