Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do providers allow payments from funding source with different address?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do providers allow payments from funding source with different address?

risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Sadly, I had to cancel my VISA debit card since it was compromised.

Do providers usually allow payments from different address sources, planning to use wife card temporarily.

Let me know your policies?

Thanks!

Comments

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Sorry to hear about this; some may, some not. I have an idea. Why not make this easier? [email protected] for a free AMD Ryzen Linux KVM VPS for one year. Just for you @risharde

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

You mean, more than 1 credit/debit?

Well, I never had problem in paying from more than 1 card. As long as they are your own card, there shouldn't be an issue.

Also, ideally, you should be using only your own credit card but I guess this can be considered a grey area to use your spouse's card, provided she is fully aware that you are using her card.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Most providers will allow it. Some will not, if they have a very hard stance against fraud.

Anyway if your card was really cancelled due to fraud, it will be replaced fast, or you can use PayPal with funds from your bank account, etc.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • @risharde said:
    Sadly, I had to cancel my VISA debit card since it was compromised.

Do providers usually allow payments from different address sources, planning to use wife card temporarily.

Let me know your policies?

Thanks!

You can always use paypal, and use your wife's card for the source fund. Although I am not aware of paypal policies regarding this.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

@dustinc thank you for a great offer, I will let you know accordingly but this really is such a kind gesture that I'll be sure to send money your way when I need a service!

@BlaZe indeed, that's why I asked the question because my card would have my details so it shouldn't be flagged but I'm guessing because the card is my wife, it could be flagged (but this will be for renewals as opposed to sign up) and yes I'm using it with her permission and fortunately, it's not millions of dollars either (LET services)

@Nyr indeed except that I have a double whammy - I'm not in the US and Paypal seems adamant on treating everything else as unworthy (bank accounts) according to my pleading with Paypal support. Also, my country isn't much better - the brilliant financial experts here have decided to stop the selling of VISA debit cards - they claim this is due to foreign exchange issues even though I BRING IN FOREIGN EXCHANGE into the country. Tempted to say more but I'll try to calm myself.

@yokowasis thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately I don't think Paypal allows this - don't quote me on this but I think the address of the card must be the same address of your paypal account or things go wonkers.

:disappointed:

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • @dustinc said:
    Sorry to hear about this; some may, some not. I have an idea. Why not make this easier? [email protected] for a free AMD Ryzen Linux KVM VPS for one year. Just for you risharde

Why not refund AlphaRacks customers instead? It's simple and all this could be over.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@risharde said:

@BlaZe indeed, that's why I asked the question because my card would have my details so it shouldn't be flagged but I'm guessing because the card is my wife, it could be flagged (but this will be for renewals as opposed to sign up) and yes I'm using it with her permission and fortunately, it's not millions of dollars either (LET services)

As far as my experience goes, the name on the card isn't checked/matched always. Correct me if I'm wrong.

A good read here: https://www.quora.com/How-is-a-cardholder-name-used-when-you-pay-with-a-credit-card-online-Payment-instructions-usually-say-Enter-the-cardholders-name-exactly-as-it-appears-on-the-card-but-I-always-leave-out-my-middle-initial-and-have-never-had-a-problem