Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Load average high email alert so what?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Load average high email alert so what?

lowfanlowfan Member
edited September 2020 in General

Some times I receive a message like this by email:
1 Min Load Avg: 15.87
5 Min Load Avg: 6.28
15 Min Load Avg: 2.62
Running/Total Processes: 28/329

So what am I supposed to do? I am on a 4 Core VPS

Comments

• Well, have a look at the 'top' output to see if you can identify the process causing high load. If there's nothing obvious, then it's possible that the node itself is overloaded in which case you'd contact the host.

• @Romanov007 said:
    Well, have a look at the 'top' output to see if you can identify the process causing high load. If there's nothing obvious, then it's possible that the node itself is overloaded in which case you'd contact the host.

It is not the node but about using top , Can I use top any time? or I have to wait when the high load happens again?

• @lowfan said:

@Romanov007 said:
    Well, have a look at the 'top' output to see if you can identify the process causing high load. If there's nothing obvious, then it's possible that the node itself is overloaded in which case you'd contact the host.

It is not the node but about using top , Can I use top any time? or I have to wait when the high load happens again?

you can top whenever you want

• You might try "atop" instead. It has daemon running in background, periodically logging statistics. It helps in cases when load-peak is short, and dissapears before you notice email and log in to check load interactively...

Thanked by 1raindog308