Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the fastest way to get Dedicated Server up and Running ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's the fastest way to get Dedicated Server up and Running ?

I have a few hour to setup a new dedicated server, to offload some of my current dedicated load.

What's the fastest route to get new dedicated server ?

How about Hetzner AX / EX line Server Transfer or Hetzner Auction Server, do they instant setup ?

Tried Knownhost, it's not instant, my order is pending review (it's not even my 1st order). And the billing wont be there until 3 more hour.

Any recommendation ?

Or should I just grab Netcup RS 8000 G9 ? But then again, is netcup instant ?

Comments

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran
    edited September 2020

fastest would be hourly billed providers like Vultr bare metal dedicated or packet.net. More costly but quick and good for testing sessions :)

packet.net has more exotic configs though https://www.packet.com/cloud/servers/

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

Get a Hetzner server auction machine.

• GTHost? They promise 5-15 mins setup, and are still significantly cheaper than the hourly billing providers.

• @CConner said:

is hetzner auction server instant ?

• @yokowasis said:

@CConner said:

is hetzner auction server instant ?

Yes, you wont even be charged until you use the server for 14 days.

• @yokowasis as far as I remember, Hetzner auction server provisioning was fast, but not instant. Last time it took 3 minutes from ordering to getting the access mail

I believe netcup RS can be paid hourly, therefore it should be deployed instantly. But I haven't tested this

• @Pilzbaum said:
    @yokowasis as far as I remember, Hetzner auction server provisioning was fast, but not instant. Last time it took 3 minutes from ordering to getting the access mail

I believe netcup RS can be paid hourly, therefore it should be deployed instantly. But I haven't tested this

it count as instant, at least it's not taking hours.

Thanked by 1Pilzbaum
  • XsltelXsltel Member, Host Rep

TIL 3 minutes is not instant. thanks @Pilzbaum

OP yes I can confirm hetzner auction servers are instant if your account is already approved.

Thanked by 2Pilzbaum jetchirag
  • Hetzner
    OVH/SYS/KS (check server provision time during the order). Almost instant for my most orders as soon as payment is verified.

• @yokowasis yes, Hetzner was really fast for me. Nice that this works out for you, imo provisioning services in a couple of minutes is premium for a provider, especially dedis
    And I checked, netcup RS aren't paid hourly and therefore maybe not instantly deployed. But netcup was fast for me too

• LeviLevi Member
    edited September 2020

Are you earning from the project? This is the main question and a logic behind it:

• If yes, than go with big boys: AWS, GCE, Azure, OVH, Rackspace (AWS integrator?);
    • If no, continue with low to medium budget providers.

Do not make mistake and take dedicated server. Even if you surely know that workload will not increase, go for virtualized resources. Only with very small and ultra rare cases you need dedicated server.

"Cheapskate pays twice" -- this is a good reminder when your earning from the project and still try to go el cheapo way.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

If by any chance you still need a machine, check our offers out at https://alphavps.com and PM me the machine you like. Alternatively - use the live chat. We may be able to get something for you setup very fast.

We're working towards releasing a line of instant delivery servers within the next 2 months.

• Hetzner Auctions, Scaleway Elements BMaaS, Packet, OVH, and more others.

• @LTniger said:
    Are you earning from the project? This is the main question and a logic behind it:

• If yes, than go with big boys: AWS, GCE, Azure, OVH, Rackspace (AWS integrator?);
    • If no, continue with low to medium budget providers.

Do not make mistake and take dedicated server. Even if you surely know that workload will not increase, go for virtualized resources. Only with very small and ultra rare cases you need dedicated server.

"Cheapskate pays twice" -- this is a good reminder when your earning from the project and still try to go el cheapo way.

Yes.

That's why I am currently migrating my code so it can run serverless using GCP, wordpress.com, bunnycdn, and probably blogger.com. But as of right now, I need to offload some processing power into another server, probably for a month or two.

I need dedicated because, well, I need dedicated resource. I don't want to get booted by the provider just because I use 100% CPU for 8 hour straight.

• No dedicated provider is kicking you for anything except network pps abuse.

Optimize your DB tables . Figure out the bottleneck.