Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Currency You Use in Offers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Currency You Use in Offers

To all those trying to market their products to the World:

Please set your pricing in US$

My native currency is not US$ but I am automatically aware of the conversion between the two currencies.
I think most of your target audiences would also be able to do a quick mental conversion to their home currency.

When I see pricing as £4/mo or 1.8 eur or 9,999,999 zlotky I am immediately put off and would look elsewhere.

Yes, too lazy to go to a currency conversion web site and get a rate conversion...

If I was marketing my services to the World I would use USD, just sayin'.

Thanked by 1donko

Comments

• 34 sisters/yr

Thanked by 2yoursunny pike
  • I am in the US, and I feel comfortable paying for things in dollars, pounds and euros. Anything else I would have to convert manually.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I believe Earthian currency works.

Thanked by 1pike
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

When I sell things, I price them in push-ups. Buyer needs to do the specified number of push-ups in person or via live video, and I’ll deliver the goods.

There’s also Kiss Currency.

How to convert these to USD?

• elliotcelliotc Member
    edited September 2020

50% of the world's currency is USD, 30% is the euro, and 10% is the Pound and the Yen.
    USD is strong, but not everything. I can barely convert the dollar euro pound and yen without any searching.
    I think it's a common skill that people who usually buy stuff on the internet.

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider

as all of my normal pricing is euro (local market), whenever i list prices on various forums, i always try to post the usd value for reference as well. still, my billing system works in euro, as both paypal and stripe can handle the conversion.

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited September 2020

I noticed @Abdullah7310 advertising in £GBP recently, but I would definitely recommend USD. The only reason I do GBP is because it's my local currency and I'm not at the point where I want to account for multiple.

• serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited September 2020

I'd like everything to be priced in Iranian Rials. Just so I know how many shopping carts full of money id pay for a dedicated server, makes me feel rich.

Thanked by 2yoursunny Abd
  • @elliotc said: USD is strong, but not everything

here is the best answer ... not everything ... and is true , first of all depend of the market you target.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

Why not just open a new tab on your browser?
    Takes less then a min to convert.

https://imgur.com/a/BCZQhP6
    https://lmgtfy.app/?q=7usd+in+eur

• @HostSlick said: Why not just open a new tab on your browser?

Because that adds an extra step. No need for new tab, Chrome does the job automatically.

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2020

@SmallWeb said:
    I noticed @Abdullah7310 advertising in £GBP recently, but I would definitely recommend USD. The only reason I do GBP is because it's my local currency and I'm not at the point where I want to account for multiple.

yea, gbp makes price look lesser, I wish I could simply use INR for everything, using local currency makes it a lot simpler. :)
    I can use gbp or usd as default, payment gateway charges almost similar for both currencies. while eur has higher charges.
    I am considering changing it to usd based on replies we get in this thread.

Good day!

Thanked by 1MichaelCee