Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Web Hosting Talk (Scam when buying plan.)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Web Hosting Talk (Scam when buying plan.)

Today, 11/18/2020, I hired the premium membership plan at the Web Hosting Talk Forum, I had two accounts on the forum, one personal and one from my company, all right, I didn't read those huge and confusing rules, but I paid my plan and it wasn't activated, when I sent an email, a guy named Andy aka 'Postbox' blocked my account and refused to return my $ 49.99 money, I opened a dispute on Paypal, but it will take a few days to be solved.
In addition, several ads that are on that forum, are frauds, companies that use pirated software like cPanel.
It is not recommended to anyone, they do everything for a little money, including harming other people.
I realized that I'm not the first to prove Andy 's rude service aka' Postbox 'see another who also had some kind of problem with him, besides there are many other people in other forums with similar complaints.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/157654/webhostingtalk-com-scam-fake-website-with-fake-adverts

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@hostgan said: premium membership plan at the Web Hosting Talk Forum

Should have gotten the Premium Internet Membership Plan on LowEndTalk instead.

We'll take $49.99 from as many accounts as you want.

Thanked by 2kkrajk muratai
  • hostganhostgan Member
    edited September 2020

Unfortunately, I didn't know your forum yet, I found it by searching google cases similar to mine. I'm still new to it, I think I started off wrong. :/

• @raindog308 said:

@hostgan said: premium membership plan at the Web Hosting Talk Forum

Should have gotten the Premium Internet Membership Plan on LowEndTalk instead.

We'll take $49.99 from as many accounts as you want.

Unfortunately, I didn't know your forum yet, I found it by searching google cases similar to mine. I'm still new to it, I think I started off wrong.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Reporting scams on here is a laugh.

Francisco

Thanked by 3seriesn imok DP
  • @hostgan said:
    Today, 11/18/2020, I hired the premium membership plan at the Web Hosting Talk Forum, I had two accounts on the forum, one personal and one from my company, all right, I didn't read those huge and confusing rules, but I paid my plan and it wasn't activated, when I sent an email, a guy named Andy aka 'Postbox' blocked my account and refused to return my $ 49.99 money, I opened a dispute on Paypal, but it will take a few days to be solved.
    In addition, several ads that are on that forum, are frauds, companies that use pirated software like cPanel.
    It is not recommended to anyone, they do everything for a little money, including harming other people.
    I realized that I'm not the first to prove Andy 's rude service aka' Postbox 'see another who also had some kind of problem with him, besides there are many other people in other forums with similar complaints.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/157654/webhostingtalk-com-scam-fake-website-with-fake-adverts

I mean. You didn't read the rules, that you agreed to while signing up.................

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @seriesn said:

@hostgan said:

I mean. You didn't read the rules, that you agreed to while signing up.................

As I said, rules do not give him the right to "steal" my money. I don't care if he cancels his account, I don't want to go to his website anymore, but I want him to return what I paid today.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Was there ever anything of value in the “Premium Member Forum” on WHT?

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@raindog308 said:
    Was there ever anything of value in the “Premium Member Forum” on WHT?

Back in the days, that section was pretty fun - today it's dead. But the value for prem/corp is simply the ability to advertise within 6 days vs the standard 7 day limit or if you're corp every 3 days (we see value with this today).

Corp also is great for targeted keyword alerts, other than that, that is it.

• contact webhostingtalk forum via there email address or helpdesk.

• @hostgan said:
    I didn't read those huge and confusing rules

If it was huge and confusing, what did you part with your money?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@dustinc said: Back in the days, that section was pretty fun - today it's dead. But the value for prem/corp is simply the ability to advertise within 6 days vs the standard 7 day limit or if you're corp every 3 days (we see value with this today).

I'd be curious to see if CORP is even worth it with the 10 postings per month.

There was a point where WHT seemingly lost 75% of its post viewers in a weekend. People would get hundreds of views easily then the next week it dropped to single/double digits without reason.

All I can think is there used to be some outside RSS feeders that got blocked killing all the traffic.

I think Premium is probably worth it. You get 1 additional posting per month for $60/year or whatever it is.

Francisco

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@Francisco said:

@dustinc said: Back in the days, that section was pretty fun - today it's dead. But the value for prem/corp is simply the ability to advertise within 6 days vs the standard 7 day limit or if you're corp every 3 days (we see value with this today).

I'd be curious to see if CORP is even worth it with the 10 postings per month.

There was a point where WHT seemingly lost 75% of its post viewers in a weekend. People would get hundreds of views easily then the next week it dropped to single/double digits without reason.

All I can think is there used to be some outside RSS feeders that got blocked killing all the traffic.

I think Premium is probably worth it. You get 1 additional posting per month for $60/year or whatever it is.

Francisco

We're definitely seeing the value in it, our conversions have been well. Typically within 3 days, we get several thousand views on some of our threads, whereas, others don't even come close to a hundred or a few hundred. So the conversions from the amount of traffic towards our offers have been great.

I do see a generic slow down though in the community in general - so I know where you are coming from, definitely something to keep an eye on.