Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

turnkey internet incompetence
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

turnkey internet incompetence

I don't have words for it... they secretly moved me to server with Suhosin recently, and now it seems I have no way of going back, turning off Suhosin, or even upgrading to a 5.4 server.

What a bunch of idiots. The only reason I keep this account is due to "free" WHMCS license that comes with it.

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Setup your own vps?

• Although I personally believe that Suhosin does more trouble than it does good, it does have it's benefits, and for those benefits is why Turnkey Internet uses Suhosin.

Suhosin limits CAN be raised for individual users. Assuming that you need a certain amount of minimum resources to run your scripts on your website(s), have you tried asking Turnkey Internet if they could raise the limits for you to fit your requirements?

• I used them for about 3 days and decided the VPS was not worth my time. The speed was slow and the server was over loaded. I ended up asking for a refund.

• I wouldn't say they're idiots.

• @alex said: now it seems I have no way of going back, turning off Suhosin, or even upgrading to a 5.4 server.

Time to grow up from shared hosting nappies, and take a step into the real world of Vps.

• dnwkdnwk Member
    edited August 2013

@alex said:

>

You want shared hosting, there are always limitations.
    I usually drove by their datacenter. Pretty ugly building.

• @alex Get a VPS.