Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS for FLIX
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS for FLIX

jahrincjahrinc Member
edited August 2020 in General

Hello,

Been looking for a VPS to make a vpn or proxy whichever, so I can "unlock" US netflix.

Will use for other stuff so please don't say "buy a VPN instead".

Obviously, do not post the provider's name here (for the sake of them not getting blacklisted, PM ME!)

Thanks!

Comments

• buy a VPN instead

• @yokowasis said:
    buy a VPN instead

Should've seen that coming.

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited August 2020

No, seriously buy a VPN + Normal VPS. it's cheaper and easier to maintenance. And you don't get limited to selected very few probably shitty expensive provider.

Thanked by 1jahrinc
  • Use IPv6 tunneling, Netflix' IPv6 data is a lot worse than IPv4. HE tunnel broker might actually work.

• @yokowasis said:
    No, seriously buy a VPN + Normal VPS. it's cheaper and easier to maintenance. And you don't get limited to selected very few probably shitty expensive provider.

Might do this if no one PM's or something. Thanks

• @jahrinc said:

@yokowasis said:
    buy a VPN instead

Should've seen that coming.

I've set an openvpn / soft ether on my USA server, netflix still discover my location. sigh.
    Maybe paid VPN is still better if you're just doing vpn.

• @jahrinc said:

@yokowasis said:

Get Ivacy or KeepSolid VPN lifetime instead :)

• Keepsolid smartdns is free for one year at sharewareonsale. Try it out. Works pretty well.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Ympker said:

@jahrinc said:

@yokowasis said:

Doesn't those cheap lifetime VPN logs a lot of data ?
    I never used them anymore after become paranoid with privacy.

• @tokoyuki said:

@Ympker said:

@jahrinc said:

@yokowasis said:

Which vpn don't log data? All of them do . They better be doing it . Also how could you expect a company will fight for you for 5 usd a month that probably is not even enough to buy thier lawyers a cup of coffee

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited August 2020

@tokoyuki said:

@Ympker said:

@jahrinc said:

@yokowasis said:

99% of VPN that say they don't keep any logs, do keep logs. I prefer providers like KeepSolid that are transparent about which type of logs they keep: https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com/help/more-about-vpn/best-no-log-vpn

I think the logs they keep are fair. Many logs are also only kept for the duration of the VPN session.

• Keepsolid is fookin solid. Grabbed lifetime account few months ago and just works. Transparent logging policy and realistic tos

• tokoyukitokoyuki Member
    edited August 2020

@codelock said:

@tokoyuki said:

@Ympker said:

@jahrinc said:

@yokowasis said:

Which vpn don't log data? All of them do . They better be doing it . Also how could you expect a company will fight for you for 5 usd a month that probably is not even enough to buy thier lawyers a cup of coffee

I thought guys who are lurking around LET are smarter than other amoeba, but I guess not ? There are some vpn that's been proven and verified if u do a little research.
    https://restoreprivacy.com/no-logs-vpn/

Why the company must fight if they don't log anything ? Just give the authority what they want, let them seize, let them search, let the lawyer take a break from time to time.

@Ympker said:

@tokoyuki said:

@Ympker said:

@jahrinc said:

@yokowasis said:

99% of VPN that say they don't keep any logs, do keep logs. I prefer providers like KeepSolid that are transparent about which type of logs they keep: https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com/help/more-about-vpn/best-no-log-vpn

I think the logs they keep are fair. Many logs are also only kept for the duration of the VPN session.

you should read more news instead reading their advertisement.

• KeepSolid is an awesome choice indeed.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited August 2020

@tokoyuki said:

@codelock said:

@tokoyuki said:

@Ympker said:

@jahrinc said:

@yokowasis said:

I thought guys who are lurking around LET are smarter than other amoeba, but I guess not ? There are some vpn that's been proven and verified if u do a little research.

Why the company must fight if they don't log anything ? Just give the authority what they want, let them seize, let them search, let the lawyer take a break from time to time.

@Ympker said:

@tokoyuki said:

@Ympker said:

@jahrinc said:

@yokowasis said:

I think I am fairly aware of what they are logging and I have been following the VPN scene for quite a while. While connected to their servers I only services where I have no issue if they indeed tracked everything since I only use it for unblocking streaming services.

• codelockcodelock Member
    edited August 2020

@Ympker said:

@tokoyuki said:

@codelock said:

@tokoyuki said:

@Ympker said:

@jahrinc said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@tokoyuki said:

@Ympker said:

@jahrinc said:

@yokowasis said:

I think I am fairly aware of what they are logging and I have been following the VPN scene for quite a while. While connected to their servers I only services where I have no issue if they indeed tracked everything since I only use it for unblocking streaming services.

A question about vpnUnlimited does creating a configuration for a device mean you cannot use it on other?
    Eg i created a wireguard config for device called A
    Now I am say not using A and use that configuration with B does it work or I have to create new config for B

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited August 2020

@codelock said:

@Ympker said:

@tokoyuki said:

@codelock said:

@tokoyuki said:

@Ympker said:

@jahrinc said:

@yokowasis said:

@Ympker said:

@tokoyuki said:

@Ympker said:

@jahrinc said:

@yokowasis said:

A question about vpnUnlimited does creating a configuration for a device mean you cannot use it on other?
    Eg i created a wireguard config for device called A
    Now I am say not using A and use that configuration with B does it work or I have to create new config for B

I believe you should be able to use it regardless. I created an OpenVPN Config manually for my old PC and was able to use it on my new PC. Probably, there is no issue with Wireguard either. It's a bit confusing because I thought that as well in the beginning but welp. You probably can't use the same config simultaneously.

• build your private VPS with any VPS using V2ray and enjoy flix