Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NL VPS suggestion
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NL VPS suggestion

georgegeorge Member

I know this might sound little bit stupid but I was curious if you guys could suggest me some decent NL VPS with possibly the "best routing". The reason I'm asking is because I'd like to host couple game servers for people all around Europe (Team Fortress 2 just in case someone is interested). Usually people in Europe like to whine alot about their ping issues and so on so I was curious if you could suggest me some decent one. I was looking into HostHatch, RamNode, DigitalOcean and LeaseWeb. HastHotch seems to be offering quite much more compared to the others but on the other hand RamNode seems to have really good reviews and quite good support. LeaseWeb seems to have really good network but the hardware seems to be kinda sh*t. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

• Iniz

Thanked by 1Patrick
  • What are your requirements?

Test IP/File: http://ams-nl.lg.iniz.com

Feel free to shoot me a PM, we allow most game-servers except MC.

• DigitalOcean is okay if you are on a good node. (and it is cheap with all those free coupons). Also got a server at RamNode and it is really awesome so I can recommend those. If not there is always Iniz.

• @Jack said:
    I personally think you'd benefit going with INIZ over DigitalOcean and Ramnode only has a small presence in NL.

Small? Didn't they just got some deal with TrueVPS or something? Thanks for the tips guys. Much appreciated!

• Didn't RamNode get a rack for expansion in NL?

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited August 2013

TrueVPS was only a month or two old so probably had 40-50 clients?

1 1/2 months old and only a handful of clients. I chose them because I needed a Netherlands owned provider for that VPS...I won't be renewing. VPS moving to Tilaa.

I personally think you'd benefit going with INIZ over DigitalOcean and Ramnode only has a small presence in NL.

US owned providers like DO and RN in the Netherlands are still subject to US laws (and things like National Security Letters, NSA, etc) so if your privacy or the privacy of your customers is a concern...

My NL recommendations for a game server with good routing (and good hardware, uptime, etc):

OpenVZ: Iniz
    KVM Versio or TransIP

• Thanked by 1Patrick
  • ReeceReece Member
    edited August 2013

Nforce (with Iniz.com) is a nice gaming network :3

Thanked by 1Patrick
  • XNQXNQ Member

Would only go with @INIZ for NL, really stable network and hardware :)

Thanked by 1Patrick
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2013

RamNode offers much more bandwidth than Iniz on comparable plans, even with Iniz' unmetered incoming.

• @perennate said:
    RamNode offers much more bandwidth than Iniz on comparable plans, even with Iniz' unmetered incoming.

Yeah it's kinda strange nobody mentioned RamNode yet.

• @BradND said:
    Iniz

Iniz definitely for openvz.

Thanked by 1Patrick
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited August 2013

@Jack said:
    Ramnode only has a small presence in NL.

Small in what sense? We have 5 nodes with a 6th coming shortly. We have our own rack with 10Gbps connectivity. ~300 clients already there.

EDIT: (300 before merging TrueVPS clients)

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@george - thanks for checking us out. Our NL location has only been up for a short time, but I've heard very positive reviews from pretty much everyone there. I'm sure you'd be satisfied with a VPS from us in that location.