Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SonWebHost - lol
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SonWebHost - lol

DrJinglesMDDrJinglesMD Member
edited August 2013 in Reviews

I figured I'd order one of his OpenVZ servers that I see advertised everywhere.

[root@server1 ~]# ./bench.sh

CPU model : Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 220 @ 1.20GHz

Number of cores : 1

CPU frequency : 1200.088 MHz

Total amount of ram : 256 MB

Total amount of swap : 256 MB

System uptime : 11 days, 5:59,

I/O speed : 94.3 MB/s

Yup, a "company" is using a 1 core CPU. The IP returns to OVH, so the network is as one would expect.

All in all, I got a chuckle out of it so it's worth the $7 I paid. :)

Comments

• Wow......

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

Lol.

• Thanks for the chuckle

Pretty sure you just paid him the whole server cost. xD

• @Saiku said:
    Pretty sure you just paid him the whole server cost. xD

At least I got it faster than I would have if I went through OVH :P

• On the other hand you are probably his only customer, so you have more or less the whole server for yourself :)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Ahahahahahahahahaha... what did you expect?

@DrJinglesMD said:

But you pay for 1/4 of the RAM config :p

• 1.20GHz

That's 1200 MHz? THAT IS FAST! I have an IBM Thinkpad 701C laptop sitting around here that runs at 50 MHz with an I/O of around 10MB/s. SonWebHost's VPS is 24X more powerful and has blazing I/O compared to my 701C! I'm envious.

TL:DR: STFU Sonwebhost is the best!

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • @DomainBop said:
    TL:DR: STFU Sonwebhost is the best!

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm? heh

@Tsume said:

Obviously.

• ztecztec Member

How is their support?

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited August 2013

Seems like shovenose and sonwebhost are trolled here all the time. Haven't heard either of them being hacked like CVPS or Ram(med)Node, so give them a break.

• Wow.. I thought he was just a troll. So his WHMCS works.. Well, well, well...

• @rds100 said:
    On the other hand you are probably his only customer, so you have more or less the whole server for yourself :)

I don't know about what he has on OVH but...we recently requested some new IP blocks at datashack and the justification form they sent us had already been filled out by SonWebHost....lets just say, they don't have much space at DS.

• @asterisk14 said:
    Seems like shovenose and sonwebhost are trolled here all the time. Haven't heard either of them being hacked like CVPS or Ram(med)Node, so give them a break.

I paid for a service and posted a review on it. There should be no breaks given when they take customers money.

• @asterisk14 said:

It's hard for those who don't fit in or don't to all things properly from beginning at LET. No matter what they do or say, they get trolled all the time and mostly that's not even their service related.

• @DrJinglesMD said:
    I paid for a service and posted a review on it. There should be no breaks given when they take customers money.

All hosts should be treated equally, but it seems some hosts are more equal than others. @shovenose and @sonwebhost are always ridiculed no matter what they post, their offers are trolled, which has the effect of putting potential customers off. @yellowsloth has posted his picture, what the hell is that about, no one posted a pic of Chris from CVPS or Nick's from Ram(med)Node when they were hacked. It just seems like playground bully behaviour at their expense.

• Haven't heard either of them being hacked like CVPS or Ram(med)Node, so give them a break.

Mr Shuv's OVH.ca server was compromised and OVH put it in rescue mode because they considered it a threat to their network. In addition his customers at Incero lost all of their data when Incero kicked him out (and let's not forget that he launched a slowloris attack on a few other providers).

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited August 2013

@DomainBop said:
    (1)Mr Shuv's OVH.ca server was compromised and OVH put it in rescue mode because they considered it a threat to their network. (2)In addition his customers at Incero lost all of their data when Incero kicked him out and let's not forget that (3) he launched a slowloris attack on a few other providers).

1) Ram(med) Node WHCMS or another module was pulled by BuyVM to stop further attacks

2) CVPS lost customer data in the recent hack and other providers like easevps have been kicked out of their hosting DC's.

3) Hosts have attacked fellow hosts like in the recent DoS of UK providers, (redacted) Shovenose was doing some testing..... LOL.

All hosts have had some problem or another ....

• @Jack - that was quick. I've removed the comment.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited August 2013

All hosts have had some problem or another ....

At some point it's inevitable that all hosts and websites will have a problem...if your name is Amazon.com or Amazon Payments that point is right now...crash! http://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-is-down-2013-8 and http://twitchy.com/2013/08/19/the-end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it-amazon-com-goes-down-panic-ensues

yellowsloth has posted his picture, what the hell is that about, no one posted a pic of Chris from CVPS

The meme yellowsloth posted isn't a photo of my favorite Barbados host...it's an actor. Several people have posted an old picture of ChrisCVPS (wearing rollerblades and shorts)

• I just have much love for you all peace.

Thanked by 1DalComp
  • @DrJinglesMD said:
    I figured I'd order one of his OpenVZ servers that I see advertised everywhere.

All in all, I got a chuckle out of it so it's worth the $7 I paid. :)

Did you get what was advertised? Although the specs make me chuckle a little, at least you got a service delivered which I assume has not had problems so far?

• @ShardHost said:

Yes everything was delivered as ordered. I haven't used it for anything very intensive.

• lumaluma Member

Back in the day Kimsufi used those Celeron 220's (I still have one) Great little server for a torrent box or something like that but not as a VM node. Probably has a single disk so make sure to do backups :)

I think those are limited to 4 ip's if I recall so should only be 3 VM's on it.