Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need your opinion. *dedi.net* domain worth
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I need your opinion. *dedi.net* domain worth

essebeessebe Member
edited August 2013 in General

Hello there, I own the domain dedi.net. I bought it to sell dedicated server but I realized that I don't have so much money to invest in this business and now I prefer to sell the domain.
In your opinion oh much is worth dedi.net. It is high pronunciable, easy to remember, 12 years old.
Thanks for your reply

Comments

• I'd say a reasonable amount, if you want to maximise the value don't sell it here.. :P

• Yes, sure, it's not under 7 dollars :)

• A lot. Take it to namepros

• ztecztec Member

Yep, worth a big bag of money.

• In your opinion how much?

• xsetxset Member

Maybe 1500 $

• I think it would be worth somewhere in the $$$$ region

• Mid $xxxx maybe more if you get lucky and deal with a big company :-)

• ztecztec Member
    edited August 2013

@essebe said:
    In your opinion how much?

In the very very worst scenario $1500,-.
    I'm not good at appraising these types of domains because they differ in value for different companies.

To the right buyer this might even be worth more than $10 000,-

Consider mailing / calling companies like vps.net.

• Really? Considering that dedi.com is being used like this, I wonder..

• ztecztec Member
    edited August 2013

@joelgm said:
    Really? Considering that dedi.com is being used like this, I wonder..

That is weird indeed, I got to give you that.
    You (OP) should do some research.

• I'd say around $500-$1000

• udkudk Member

I'll save you the trouble and give you $50!

• Important Dates
    Expires On August 18, 2014
    Registered On August 18, 2013
    Updated On August 18, 2013

More like you registered it to make some bucks ;)

Nice domain though

• The domain was dropped (last record i can find for it is 2009) and only re-registered today, its worth nothing. Its NOT a 10 year old domain, once a 10 year old domain drops, and gets re-registered, its lost all its previous value. It's worth no where near 1500$, take a 0 off and that value is pushing it. A 1 day old domain, its basically worth its registration fee.

whois dedi.net | egrep -i "Creation Date" Creation Date: 18-aug-2013

• xsetxset Member

I'll offer 3000$

• DeanDean Member

Yup no pagerank either..

• Dropped domains don't tend to rank well either, so its lost all its seo value. Its just another kid who's paid the 10$ reg fee and trying to flog it for big bucks, well it was sitting around from 2009 til now unregistered from what i can tell, that just goes to show its real value ;)

• I find the comments in this thread most hilarious.

• essebeessebe Member
    edited August 2013

@r0t3n, just to clarify I'm not here to be offended by you. I was just asking the opinions of the forum. What's wrong with you? You look like a child crying in the forest.

• MatiMati Member

@essebe said:
    Hello there, I own the domain dedi.net. I bought it to sell dedicated server but I realized that I don't have so much money to invest in this business and now I prefer to sell the domain.
    In your opinion oh much is worth dedi.net. It is high pronunciable, easy to remember, 12 years old.
    Thanks for your reply

@essebe said:
    r0t3n, just to clarify I'm not here to be offended by you. I was just asking the opinions of the forum. What's wrong with you? You seems a child crying in the forest

just dont BS :P

• @essebe its clear your just here to make a quick buck on a domain, and claiming its 12years old when infact its a dropped domain with 1 days worth of age at posting, do you think this forum and its users are stupid? You brought it to sell dedicated servers, but realised you don't have the money to do so, all within less than a day? I think if anyone is the child, i think you just proved its yourself..

• to the right buyer, $500 - $1000

• As with all domains, it's worth whatever someone will pay you for it.

• xsetxset Member

@essebe as said I'll pay $3000 if you're willing to sell it

• Without branding and marketing it is just another name thrown there :)

• xsetxset Member

Nice way to make more than 3000+ $ just by registering an expired domain:

Got a message from essebe:

"thanks for your offer, the appraisal consider the domain value is more than your offer , but I will consider it. "

• @xset said:
    Nice way to make more than 3000+ $ just by registering an expired domain:

Got a message from essebe:

"thanks for your offer, the appraisal consider the domain value is more than your offer , but I will consider it. "

lol, ask to see the appraisal values, and who it was appraised by. Chances are, the "appraisal" was one of those fancy "how much is my site worth" websites.

• eh eh eh

• c0yc0y Member

@MrObvious said:
    lol, ask to see the appraisal values, and who it was appraised by. Chances are, the "appraisal" was one of those fancy "how much is my site worth" websites.

Or his imaginary rich friend :-)