Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you host Virtualizor Master somewhere out of your KVM servers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you host Virtualizor Master somewhere out of your KVM servers?

Hello there,

Still learning more and more about all provider organization and today a question came to me...

What’s your strategy with Virtualizor Master?

• Virtualizor Master only hosted out of your dedicated that are offered for rent as VPS
  • 1 Virtualizor Master on each dedicated server
  • 1 Virtualizor Master on few dedicated server where each Virtualizor Master own few dedicated servers

On the side, what is the plan with SolusVM? I imagine same kind of question exists?

At first I was like: 1 Virtualizor Master for few slave, but still separated from slaves.

Comments

• You should always host your website, master and billing systems on different servers and if possible, at a completely different network. You don't want everything to go down at one :)

• BloomVPSBloomVPS Member, Patron Provider

I agree with series. I have a separate server for my website/WHMCS and a separate server for just my Virt master. Also on different networks.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@o_be_one said:
    Hello there,

Still learning more and more about all provider organization and today a question came to me...

What’s your strategy with Virtualizor Master?

• Virtualizor Master only hosted out of your dedicated that are offered for rent as VPS
    • 1 Virtualizor Master on each dedicated server
    • 1 Virtualizor Master on few dedicated server where each Virtualizor Master own few dedicated servers

On the side, what is the plan with SolusVM? I imagine same kind of question exists?

At first I was like: 1 Virtualizor Master for few slave, but still separated from slaves.

No matter if it's Solusvm or virtualizor or something else. Hosting hosting them on a different network is always a good idea as Seriesn said above.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • Thank you for your answers. Yes first thing in my head was to host most possible stuffs outside of my network (and sure, backup everything ahah). Now you confirmed this is the way you do it, i'm curious if you had to set multiple panels for multiple servers.

@seriesn for example, did you made few Virtualizor Master where each of them handle multiple dedicated?

• @o_be_one said:
    Thank you for your answers. Yes first thing in my head was to host most possible stuffs outside of my network (and sure, backup everything ahah). Now you confirmed this is the way you do it, i'm curious if you had to set multiple panels for multiple servers.

@seriesn for example, did you made few Virtualizor Master where each of them handle multiple dedicated?

You can create groups and organize servers that way. No need for multiple masters :)

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

seriesn said: You should always host your website, master and billing systems on different servers and if possible, at a completely different network. You don't want everything to go down at one

And also a status page on some third-party, highly available site - e.g., AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Github pages, etc.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@o_be_one said:
    Thank you for your answers. Yes first thing in my head was to host most possible stuffs outside of my network (and sure, backup everything ahah). Now you confirmed this is the way you do it, i'm curious if you had to set multiple panels for multiple servers.

Why someone will use multiple master even if they had thousands of servers from different locations?

It will make everything complicated. And also useless investment on multiple licenses.

As seriesn said, use multiple groups for different location and it will make management very easy for different locations

• o_be_oneo_be_one Member
    edited June 2020

raindog308 said: And also a status page on some third-party, highly available site - e.g., AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Github pages, etc.

I was thinking about HetrixTools for example. I like them so much!

ViridWeb said: Why someone will use multiple master even if they had thousands of servers from different locations?

Well this question is because in some previous threads i've started some people/providers stated they had multiple panels in their park. So i wanted to know why.

@seriesn @ViridWeb since you host your Virtualizor panel on something separated, do you also handle the HA of the master so if your panel goes down another one is ready to take the place quick?

• @o_be_one said:

raindog308 said: And also a status page on some third-party, highly available site - e.g., AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Github pages, etc.

ViridWeb said: Why someone will use multiple master even if they had thousands of servers from different locations?

Well this question is because in some previous threads i've started some people/providers stated they had multiple panels in their park. So i wanted to know why.

@seriesn @ViridWeb since you host your Virtualizor panel on something separated, do you also handle the HA of the master so if your panel goes down another one is ready to take the place quick?

3 snapshots are taken a day and hourly db backup :)

Thanked by 2o_be_one ViridWeb
  • @raindog308 said:

seriesn said: You should always host your website, master and billing systems on different servers and if possible, at a completely different network. You don't want everything to go down at one

And also a status page on some third-party, highly available site - e.g., AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Github pages, etc.

Yes sir! Hetrix tools is prem. (Should make mine public)

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • BloomVPSBloomVPS Member, Patron Provider

@o_be_one said:

I use Hetrix tools. I love it. And pricing is great.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • vivithemagevivithemage Member, Host Rep

We host our master on a separate VLAN within our management network. Like others have said, I would definitely advise putting management servers off of our customer network.

• @o_be_one

What is the end goal of all these threads asking detailed questions about setting up VPS infrastructure? When can we expect your offer on LEB?

• @RickOShea said:
    @o_be_one

What is the end goal of all these threads asking detailed questions about setting up VPS infrastructure? When can we expect your offer on LEB?

Plot twist: he already has an offer on LEB.

edited June 2020

@RickOShea said:
    @o_be_one

Well as per my post on the presentation thread I have interests in the provide business. My point is that I try to get most possible informations to evaluate how this is possible, what issues I may encounter, etc. I understand it’s all theory and reality will be a lot different. I do my best to not end has a summer host.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@o_be_one said:

Your signature says you're a DevOps and an SRE. Just curious.

• @BharatB said: Your signature says you're a DevOps and an SRE. Just curious.

What are you curious about?

@o_be_one said:
    What are you curious about?

Work experience?

edited June 2020

@BharatB said: Work experience?

Well most relevant experiences i can tell:

• 10y ago i've founded (and i still run) a non profit gaming community (specialized in Minecraft) in France with ~5k members
    • i've been Linux Sysadmin and DevOps during 2y for OVH (OpenStack)
    • actually i'm DevOps and SRE for Ubisoft since 2.5y (Online Servers and Operations - Linux) ; my team is actually moving to SRE way

@o_be_one said:

Nice will keep you in mind if I have hirings next time ;)

Thanked by 1o_be_one