Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Full Page Caching CDN Provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Full Page Caching CDN Provider

Currently using cloudflare, currently they make my website slower instead of faster.

I am using Wordpress, I believe I can install some plugin and using DO Space / photon (image) for static content. But I can't find anything on full page caching.

Comments

• install w3 total cache and used redis or memcache or install google pagespeed

• jahrincjahrinc Member
    edited April 2020

You can convert your website to html static using WP2Static plugin and automatically upload it to BunnyCDN storage zone, and deliver it through their amazing network.

Do note that dynamic features, such as comments will not work unless you use a 3rd party such as disqus or fb comments.

• @jahrinc said:
    You can convert your website to html static using WP2Static plugin and automatically upload it to BunnyCDN storage zone, and deliver it through their amazing network.

Do note that dynamic features, such as comments will not work unless you use a 3rd party such as disqus or fb comments.

Actually it's not full static, I need to be able to purge cache when needed (e.g. Article revision). Also the site will publish new content every single day. And the new content must be instant accessible. Manually converting it into html is not going to cut it.

E. G. I need the cdn to cache my website on the fly. And able to purge the cache with some kind of API.

• vovlervovler Member
    edited April 2020

Get all buyvm locations, get the anycast ip, reverse proxy your website and make it full cache your page with nginx+fastcgi cache.

If youre a speed freak, continue to run static content from a cdn like bunnycdn, and run only the pages from the reverse proxy

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Use prem BunnyCDN with their WordPress plugin.

Or if you want it really fast, install or find someone with Litespeed, use their plugin for caching and attach BunnyCDN. I use it for a few clients and their sites are really fast.

• pbxpbx Member
    edited April 2020

You can setup Full page caching with BunnyCDN. Will work fine for comments and stuff like that. Setup cache control on the origin side and you're good to go. You can play with their edge rules if needed. BunnyCDN is a reverse proxy.

@vovler proposal is great as it gives you more flexibility but Bunny would be cheapest as you'd avoid the need for several VPSes (well it depends how much bandwidth you consume...). A multi VPS setup + GeoDNS would allow you to do a master-master replication setup, or to push your static files as they change, close to your visitors.

That being said, if your pages are static (cached once generated by WP) you can serve those from your server directly and have the CDN on a subdomain for static assets: it should perform pretty well from everywhere, it's not necessary to host everything on the edge nodes, even though it's possible, unless your site is hosted on a crappy network.

• @vovler said:
    Get all buyvm locations, get the anycast ip, reverse proxy your website and make it full cache your page with nginx+fastcgi cache.

This is what I am doing right now. But I want to take it one step further by caching the html / generated page on the cdn ala Cloudflare, so the visitor doesn't even need to hit my server at all.

Is there any bunnycdn representative here? Is this something that they able to do.

• pbxpbx Member

Use an ANAME or CNAME to your bunnycdn subdomain, use an IP to your origin, and add an edge rule to give the hostname to your origin server. Configure the right cache control on the origin, or cheat with a couple of edge rules and you're good to go. Honestly it's fairly easy. Several bloggers wrote tutorials with screenshots, if needed.

• NdhaNdha Member

@yokowasis said:
    Currently using cloudflare, currently they make my website slower instead of faster.

I am using Wordpress, I believe I can install some plugin and using DO Space / photon (image) for static content. But I can't find anything on full page caching.

IIRC you're from Indonesia, right?
    Using Telkomsel/Indihome when access it?
    CF make website slower when access using Telkomsel/Indihome but fine with others..
    Don't know why.

• _MS__MS_ Member

@yokowasis said:

@vovler said:

This is what I am doing right now.

Do you have a write-up/article or video on how to do this? It would be great if somebody (like you) with a working setup writes a guide on this.

• PUSHR_VictorPUSHR_Victor Member, Host Rep

@yokowasis you can achieve this by redirecting the naked domain to a pull zone thats on a subdomain pointing to the CDN. TTFB on the naked domain will remain as it is, but once redirected to the sub, it should be fast. Any CDN should work for this, and with PUSHR (if you are in Indonesia) the traffic will be served from SG at $14/TB pay-as-you-go with reasonably low latency (https://atlas.ripe.net/measurements/24962768/#!probes)

• vovlervovler Member
    edited April 2020

@yokowasis
    Just tested this out.

Try installing your wordpress in a subdomain for ex "uncached.website.com"
    Create a BunnyCDN zone for uncached.website.com and add the custom hostname "website.com"
    In CloudFlare DNS untick the orange cloud and website.com CNAME website.b-cdn.net

I'm pretty sure there is a bunnycdn WP plugin that will help you purge the cache, and the litespeed plugin will rewrite the uncached.website.com/static.css links to website.com/static.css and also will generate the cache you're looking for.

In case you are wondering if it works.

https://tools.keycdn.com/performance
    Without CDN (uncached.website.com)

With CDN (Cache Miss) (website.com)

With CDN (Cache Hit, after 5 reloads) (website.com)

It seems to use edge servers randomly or in round-robin, so having a script that loads the page 20 times from each location would force cache it in most edge servers. I guess this is one of those situations those cheap LEB NAT servers come in handy.

Thanked by 2ernie88 NanoG6