Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yesterday's traffic
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Yesterday's traffic

jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

I've not shared information like this in the past but I thought someone might find it interesting...

Traffic on LET and LEB have been trending up the past 120 days and yesterday was our highest traffic day in years (excluding Black Friday/Cyber Monday) at 149,000 sessions. At the start of the year the sites were generating about 40,000 daily sessions. I've got over 100 articles scheduled to be published on LEB of interviews, reviews, op-ed, tutorials, and news so hopefully everyone keeps having a reason to come back and check things out.

Pretty neat to see activity pick back up.

Thanks to all of our community members for being part of LowEndTalk :)

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

No doubt surging because you unbanned WSS...;-)

Thanked by 2MrPsycho kkrajk
  • pbxpbx Member
    edited April 2020

Impressive numbers. No doubt @WSS and similar folks are the reason why most of us still check the site. BTW Welcome back @WSS, we missed you!

• Congrats! =D>

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@raindog308 said:
    No doubt surging because you unbanned WSS...;-)

At least it's entertaining as hell.

• I haven't seen that name in while. Hello @WSS

And good job Jon. Looks like some of the oldie goldies are coming back :D.

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • LETs make LET great again :D

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2020

@LightBlade said:
    LETs make LET great again :D

@WSS makes LET dicks again?

Good to see him back.

• Congratulation ! :)

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

Welcome back @WSS

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • Welcome back @WSS

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@jbiloh

Very nice! I like to see the results of the effort to restore LET to good health. Thank you, the team and those who gave you a chance or even supported you.

• Traffic is up but overall posting/discussion is well down though right? LET around 2017-18 was booming

Thanked by 1pbx
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2020

You're welcome.

Please send my money on my paypal ID yesihazpaepal @WSS .com

@jsg said:
    @jbiloh

Very nice! I like to see the results of the effort to restore LET to good health. Thank you, the team and those who gave you a chance or even supported you.

Thanks! We are making progress together! :)

corbpie said: Traffic is up but overall posting/discussion is well down though right? LET around 2017-18 was booming

Traffic/posting/threads are way up from where they were in 2018/2019. Hopefully the positive momentum continues.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Nicely done @jbiloh

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited April 2020

@thedp said:

That is definitely the truth. :)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited April 2020

I laughed. I think it's because we are producing valuable content and creating an inviting, interesting environment again. Progress now -- no longer SOON TM.

• Good to see progress... Wish LET comes back to its glory days!!!

@mehargags said:
    Good to see progress... Wish LET comes back to its glory days!!!

It'll take time but we are getting there. Soon I want LET/LEB to be more interesting and more worthy of visits than it has ever been in the past.

Tons of good content coming!

Thanked by 1mehargags
    edited April 2020

@jbiloh said:
    I laughed. I think it's because we are producing valuable content and creating an inviting, interesting environment again. Progress now -- no longer SOON TM.

Yes, that. The ratio between mindless blabla/memes/etc. and actual content has changed dramatically. Yesterday I read (here) a comment along the line of "No more life in here. Even the cest pit is rather quiet". Yes that's true but it didn't mention what much, if not most, of the "content" here was: mindless blabla, memes, images, gifs.

I think that LET's main purpose still to offer a "full table" in the field of cheap VPS and dedis. That starts with many, probably most, visitors coming to look for cheap but not lousy products as well as advice related to VPS and dedis. Finally - and highly likely the smallest group - there is us the users who discuss here, have some fun, provide advice, etc. None of the major target groups is coming to LET in order to find mostly mindless blabla and shallow fun. And those who did are frankly no major loss.

At the end of the day people go to a site to find and get something one might call real and relevant content. I don't know whether that was one of @jbilohs priorities but IMO the increased traffic comes hand in hand with LET remembering what it's all about. If you deliver real and relevant content and info, people will come. Simple as that.

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • FalzoFalzo Member

I still miss the drama though ;-P

@Falzo said:
    I still miss the drama though ;-P

Don't worry, humans being humans and LET still being very open there still will be some drama ;)

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • I'm new here, so all of this is over my head. What I am seeing so far in reading through the discussions is that there is real value on this forum. Not sure what the drama used to be, but the current look and feel here is good.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited April 2020

@SenseiOkinawanKarate said:
    I'm new here, so all of this is over my head. What I am seeing so far in reading through the discussions is that there is real value on this forum. Not sure what the drama used to be, but the current look and feel here is good.

Stick around for some fair share of positive and negative vibes :)

Edit: p/s: Welcome and congrats on your first comment :joy:

• pbxpbx Member
    edited April 2020

jsg said: Yes, that. The ratio between mindless blabla/memes/etc. and actual content has changed dramatically.

Do you have an idea why? Why memes lovers and @eol like members have decided all of a sudden to leave LET? Or was it the same person with several accounts who got tired?

@pbx said:

jsg said: Yes, that. The ratio between mindless blabla/memes/etc. and actual content has changed dramatically.

Do you have an idea why? Why memes lovers and @eol like members have decided all of a sudden to leave LET? Or was it the same person with several accounts who got tired?

No, not really (an idea). I have some assumptions but (a) I'm not yet here long enough to know the full LET history, and (b) I prefer to find out how we can make LET better. One important factor certainly is the admin(s) and the mods. Another important factor (highly likely) is whether the chief admin actually has a stake, a personal investment in the community. @jbiloh did invest heavily, not only in terms of money, so he is much more likely to really care about LET while for example the last admin (AS) didn't have a direct and personal involvement (afaik); what he and others did was "good will", be it in fact or as a comfortable excuse. This, not having a personal investment in LET, certainly also was a, if not the, major factor allowing him to attempt to basically kill LET and to collect/lure as many LETter as possible to his new community.
    Another factor, I guess, is that jbiloh is not a provider himself. I might be wrong but IMO that will turn out to be a major and helpful factor.

Plus, being credible as an admin and really trying hard to repair and grow LET also is a good basis to get people involved. I can only speak for myself but when I was asked to do a series of reviews one, maybe the, decisive point for me was that I could answer "yes" to my question whether my work (and it is considerable work) would be wasted or whether it could contribute to a community for which I saw a good future. What I had seen so far re. jbiloh led me to believe that he really had the intention to "make LET great again" and to invest time and work to that end.

Btw, I don't think that @eol was a particularly bad "offender"; in fact I remember reading some quite good comments from him. Maybe eol was a case of "smart, good guy feeling utterly frustrated by what LET had become and then spamming in frustration".

Thanked by 1pbx
  • pbxpbx Member

I think @eol was a good guy. Just using him as an example. Probably there were many "smart, good guy feeling utterly frustrated by what LET had become"...

Thanked by 1jsg
  • Congratulations.