Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Github is Down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Github is Down

Comments

• Okay.

• LeviLevi Member

It's up already.

• /etc/init.d/nginx restart

• @dedimark said:
    /etc/init.d/nginx restart

If it was that easy

• LeviLevi Member

They are up, but their API still have problems. No Heroku app can be deployed. Someone will receive slap to a bottom for such incident.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Github has been up and down over the last few days, just blame shitty Azure :joy:

Thanked by 3sayem314 NanoG6 zenki
  • @Jord said:
    Github has been up and down over the last few days, just blame shitty Azure :joy:

Doesn't github use their own servers?

@sanvit said:

@Jord said:

Doesn't github use their own servers?

It's Azure as far as I know.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Jord said: just blame shitty Azure

Wasn't Azure "full" a week or so ago due to increased demand?

@jbiloh said:

Jord said: just blame shitty Azure

Wasn't Azure "full" a week or so ago due to increased demand?

It seems so, but their services are really slow. Last time I tested their SSD IO was shit....

• npm is also having issue for past few days, both npm and github is probably on azure you know

• Jord said: It seems so, but their services are really slow. Last time I tested their SSD IO was shit.

Cannot agree more. Expensive as hell and the I/O is next to pathetic. Network speed is fine though... but I/O really is no where near 3rd grade HDD even. Top it up with abysmal support... Azure is a nightmare for Sysops

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Jord said: Last time I tested their SSD IO was shit....

I seem to recall you must turn on host caching if you want any kind of performance, and it is off by default. But it's been a couple years since I played with Azure.

@raindog308 said:

I seem to recall you must turn on host caching if you want any kind of performance, and it is off by default. But it's been a couple years since I played with Azure.

Even with that it was shit, I think the SSD VM I had, gave me I/O of about 54MB/s. Good ole Azure.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Only time I used Azure was when I got free credits through MSDN. I ran Linux VMs LOL

@raindog308 said:
    Only time I used Azure was when I got free credits through MSDN. I ran Linux VMs LOL

Yeah me too, had like £2k a month from Deamspark or whatever it was called.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited April 2020

Even if Azure was the guilty element the responsibility still were with github because their customers (and free feeders) went with github rather than others and it's one of githubs.jobs to have and use the proper infrastructure.

• GromGrom Member

@Jord said:

@raindog308 said:

Even with that it was shit, I think the SSD VM I had, gave me I/O of about 54MB/s. Good ole Azure.

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 56.0409 s, 19.2 MB/s

It's so trash.

@Grom said:

@Jord said:

@raindog308 said:

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 56.0409 s, 19.2 MB/s

It's so trash.

Oh its got worse, I must have been lucky before. But yeah for the pricing they charge I would want full NVMe speeds.