Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where core I5 or I7 processor used
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where core I5 or I7 processor used

Hi, can some one explain where core I7 and I5 processor used all web hosting provider use processor either E3 and E5 please tell me use of all processors available.

Comments

• Well, it is a desktop processor that is why most are using E3 or E5 as it is a server grade CPU but some do use desktop CPU though and it works fine. Usually, they use it for games too.

• @jonesolutions said:
    Well, it is a desktop processor that is why most are using E3 or E5 as it is a server grade CPU but some do use desktop CPU though and it works fine. Usually, they use it for games too.

what are the best processors for shared hosting,reseller hosting and vps hosting

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2020

@Propery said:

@jonesolutions said:
    Well, it is a desktop processor that is why most are using E3 or E5 as it is a server grade CPU but some do use desktop CPU though and it works fine. Usually, they use it for games too.

what are the best processors for shared hosting,reseller hosting and vps hosting

It depends on your budget and actual purpose.
    If you want these servers for personal usage then you can go with E3 servers.

For production use I would recommend E5, Ryzen, Epyc etc.

I do not recommend you to sale sevices with limited knowledge.

• @ViridWeb said:

@Propery said:

@jonesolutions said:

What is the best place to buy dedicated server at cheap rate with 1gbps or 10gbps port speed

• @Propery said:

@ViridWeb said:

@Propery said:

@jonesolutions said:

What is the best place to buy dedicated server at cheap rate with 1gbps or 10gbps port speed

Take a look at OVH, Hetzner, Clouvider, ReliableSite etc - All good providers depending on what you're looking for, location etc. OVH and Hetzner are good if you are experienced and know what you're doing, they provide very little to no support unless its for hardware/network issues.

Web hosting will generally benefit more from a higher core CPU with less performance per core such as an E5 processor. E3s will be fine however. It all depends on the number of accounts you want to host one a single machine.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
    edited April 2020

@Propery said:

@ViridWeb said:

@Propery said:

@jonesolutions said:

Try Hetzner,
    But I would recommend you to try with a VPS server first.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @Propery said:

@ViridWeb said:

@Propery said:

@jonesolutions said:

How soon do you want to start selling services?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

@seriesn said:

@Propery said:

@ViridWeb said:

@Propery said:

@jonesolutions said:

Are you afraid of competition? :wink:

• @ViridWeb said:

@seriesn said:

@Propery said:

@ViridWeb said:

@Propery said:

@jonesolutions said:

Are you afraid of competition? :wink:

Never stopped being afraid! Just don't want to spend too much on refuge credits :cry:

Thanked by 1ViridWeb
  • @WSCallum said:

@Propery said:

@ViridWeb said:

@Propery said:

@jonesolutions said:

Take a look at OVH, Hetzner, Clouvider, ReliableSite etc - All good providers depending on what you're looking for, location etc. OVH and Hetzner are good if you are experienced and know what you're doing, they provide very little to no support unless its for hardware/network issues.

Web hosting will generally benefit more from a higher core CPU with less performance per core such as an E5 processor. E3s will be fine however. It all depends on the number of accounts you want to host one a single machine.

How many accounts i can host on E3 and E5

• @Propery said:

@WSCallum said:

@Propery said:

@ViridWeb said:

@Propery said:

@jonesolutions said:

How many accounts i can host on E3 and E5

There's no set number here. You might only be able to host one website if it uses 100% of your servers resources. Alternatively you could host 100 sites if they use 1% each, so on and so forth (as a simple anogram). There's obviously a lot more to it than that depending on your server specifications, configuration (well optimized and so on), software utilised etc.