Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

free control panels closest to cpanel or plesk
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

free control panels closest to cpanel or plesk

i got a server running ubuntu-18.04-x86_64 I'm looking for a free panel that runs as close to cpanel or plesk as possible. I tried webmin, however for the life of me i just can not figure it out.

Comments

• @ItsAsylum said:
    i got a server running ubuntu-18.04-x86_64 I'm looking for a free panel that runs as close to cpanel or plesk as possible. I tried webmin, however for the life of me i just can not figure it out.

Congrats on your first post

Thanked by 1ItsAsylum
  • @angstrom said:

@ItsAsylum said:

Thanks, i've been lurking for a while waiting to actually have something valid to post.

• @ItsAsylum said:

@angstrom said:

@ItsAsylum said:

Thanks, i've been lurking for a while waiting to actually have something valid to post.

I use webmin, which I find pretty straightforward to use, but it's not cPanel.

Probably the best advice would be for you to get a VPS from a provider who gives free DirectAdmin with the VPS (otherwise, DirectAdmin isn't free). DirectAdmin also isn't cPanel, but it's arguably much closer to cPanel than any free panel is.

• Hestiacp looks pretty and have some improvements in v1.1.0, so it's worth try it.
    and if you need the file manager you can ctrl c + crtl v from vestacp files wait until hestia releases his own.

• kaz050457kaz050457 Member
    edited February 2020

https://www.keyhelp.de/en/. Or go for Aapanel if hosting own personal sites no need reseller features..

• @angstrom said:

@ItsAsylum said:

@angstrom said:

@ItsAsylum said:

I use webmin, which I find pretty straightforward to use, but it's not cPanel.

Probably the best advice would be for you to get a VPS from a provider who gives free DirectAdmin with the VPS (otherwise, DirectAdmin isn't free). DirectAdmin also isn't cPanel, but it's arguably much closer to cPanel than any free panel is.

I'll look into this thanks, I'm extremely new to the vps world. Been using shared hosting my entire time setting up sites. So most of this is foreign to me.

• @kaz050457 said:
    https://www.keyhelp.de/en/. Or go for Aapanel if hosting own personal sites no need reseller features..

Ohhh! Aapanel looks quite nice. Might give it a go.

• You can try also CyberPanel. You will 'learn" pretty fast how it works. Good luck!

• ItsAsylumItsAsylum Member
    edited February 2020

@zuby2402 said:
    You can try also CyberPanel. You will 'learn" pretty fast how it works. Good luck!

Is it only for centOS or will it work with ubuntu?

• @ItsAsylum said:

@zuby2402 said:
    You can try also CyberPanel. You will 'learn" pretty fast how it works. Good luck!

This one looks pretty clean. Might give it a try when I get home. Thanks

Great!

• kaz050457kaz050457 Member
    edited February 2020

@ItsAsylum said:

@kaz050457 said:

Ohhh! Aapanel looks quite nice. Might give it a go.

Yeap aapanel is good it support nginx or apache and also openlitespeed will be suported soon.. You can also host python,docker apps and many more..

• AK_KWHAK_KWH Member, Patron Provider

Try cyberpanel,centoscp
    Why you dont just switch ur provider and go with free Directadmin like @intovps @Francisco offering free Directadmin license + Softaculous also both are reliable providers if u want dedicated then @Clouvider offers quite better servers in affordable price with free DA

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • +1 for centos webpanel

• @AK_KWH said:
    Try cyberpanel,centoscp
    Why you dont just switch ur provider and go with free Directadmin like @intovps @Francisco offering free Directadmin license + Softaculous also both are reliable providers if u want dedicated then @Clouvider offers quite better servers in affordable price with free DA

well, this is my first ever vps, that i got through a deal where i placed an ad on my site for the provider and they gave me a free vps for a couple months. So i'm using this to really get my feet wet with vps. my plan is to look into options with direct admin and also softaculous once this ends.

• You can not get a good panel for free. But if you just seeking a gui for some php websites, try cyberpanel. Even it is still buggy, "it is usable"

• @ItsAsylum said:

@zuby2402 said:

Is it only for centOS or will it work with ubuntu?

They have Docker version AFAIK

• illyhostingillyhosting Member, Host Rep

I would recommend this fork of VestaCP: https://github.com/myvesta/vesta and Ajenti (ajenti.org)

• tjntjn Member
    edited February 2020

Are you looking for a panel because you'd like other users to manage their own sites, or you'd just like to make hosting multiple websites easier for yourself?

Although not really like cPanel, Runcloud has a good free option for one server which would be good for personal websites. It doesn't have any email capabilities or anything like that.
    Server Pilot is similar to RunCloud - but no longer has a free option.

Otherwise, have you looked into DirectAdmin?
    A number of providers that are active on LET offer it for free with a VPS.

Thanked by 1Alaxona
  • @ItsAsylum said:

Webuzo :)

• Take a look at runcloud free tier. It has installer for wordpress, file manager, let's encrypt installer, firewall management etc. It's pretty good considering you even have some backup spaces for free.

• vestacp is the way to go. https://vestacp.com/