Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi - KS 2G N2800 - Old one with .fr REAL UNLIMITED 100Mbit Port & 1TB HDD
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi - KS 2G N2800 - Old one with .fr REAL UNLIMITED 100Mbit Port & 1TB HDD

hello,

don't need the much traffic and will size down, so if someone need it, take this super chance!

this server has real unlimited 100Mbit traffic, was ordered on french site, where there is no TB limit on the bottomline ;)

atom N2800 @ 1.86GHz - real dualcore with HT
2gb
1000gb hdd

coast per month: 17,99€
transfer: free

possible date: next 7 days

best regards

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2013

I will be interested in transferring mine as well, please keep us informed how it goes for you.
    Should be able to transfer this server without paperwork, just by editing contacts in the ManagerV3.

where there is no TB limit

The bandwidth limit is removed from all Kimsufi servers now.

The best part about yours however, is that this being the 'old' server, the recipient doesn't have to be in the EU.

coast per month: 17,99€

That's the price with VAT for you, but if the other person doesn't have to pay VAT, it will cost 14.99 (15.99 from Sept) for them.

• Since this is the Kimsufi line and since they keep insisting that Kimsufis are for the EU, is there a chance they'll suddenly introduce a statement that non-EU citizens cant hold on to it?

• ah okey, good to know, when did they changed it?

@rm_ said:
    I will be interested in transferring mine as well, please keep us informed how it goes for you.
    Should be able to transfer this server without paperwork, just by editing contacts in the ManagerV3.

right, it's my now paying price inclusive VAT in germany

That's the price with VAT for you, but if the other person doesn't have to pay VAT, it will cost 14.99 (15.99 from Sept) for them.

Only KS2013 are for the EU.

• awsonawson Member
    edited August 2013

So, what's the difference, apart from the increased disk space?

• it is for non EU customer's, you get a real dualcore for sure and fast delivery :)

edited August 2013

Sooooo, I just transfered my server, it is indeed easy and no paperwork is required. Just edit all three kinds of contacts, first Administrator, then Technical, then Billing (in this order!), instantly after that it starts to show "you have no rights to manipulate this server", and some minutes later (+after logout/login), I no longer see that server in my Manager.

@Jack this is only available for "old" servers (and non-Kimsufi), not for KS2013.
    @prometeus tried to transfer his KS2013, and no dice, the same procedure just throws an "internal error". So it's locked down already.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@rm_ said:
    prometeus tried to transfer his KS2013, and no dice, the same procedure just throws an "internal error". So it's locked down already.

I believe this is locked down completely, whether you are from EU or not, since he tried to transfer to me, which I am from EU. Also, it might have been because I had no product in my account, i.e. no bill paid (apart from the rejected paypal for my ks2g order).

@Maounique

I believe this is locked down completely, whether you are from EU or not

Yes I meant transfer of KS2013 is locked down, but the pre-2013 KS you can transfer easily. (though not the Canada one :E).

Also, it might have been because I had no product in my account

No I think the one who got mine did not have any product before that either.

• @rm_ said:
    No I think the one who got mine did not have any product before that either.

I had a failed attempt to buy a new Kimsufi 2013 on my account. Immediately after the transfer I tried buying a failsafe IP, and received a mail asking for identification documents. They verified it in an hour, and I got a mail that the order for failsafe IP was in processing.

I wonder how long it takes to receive an additional IP normally. Am I right in assuming that pre 2013 Kimsufis are allowed extra IPs?

edited August 2013

Am I right in assuming that pre 2013 Kimsufis are allowed extra IPs?

I think yes, it was allowed, up to 3 IPs for some extra cost per month like 1 EUR or so per IP.

• @joelgm said:
    I wonder how long it takes to receive an additional IP normally. Am I right in assuming that pre 2013 Kimsufis are allowed extra IPs?

Yes, I have two extras on one of mine, I think OVH processes/approves failover IP orders manually because both the ones I got took between 1-2 full days for approval last month

• My first failover was processed the very next day. Half an hour ago I placed an order for additional IP failover, and that was processed in 4 minutes.

It seems OVH arent that terrible at service after all? :)

• 50cent per failover ip

• @xyl0n said:
    50cent per failover ip

A little bit over that if VAT is included. Is three the limit?

Is it possible to create containers in Proxmox using IPv6?

• ToadyusToadyus Member
    edited August 2013

@xyl0n Is this still available? I will take this off your hands =)

• Presumably, the purchaser would have to send their docs to OVH for verification that it is appropriate to remove the VAT?