Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

server CPU usage unlimited
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

server CPU usage unlimited

fwpfwp Member

Please, I need to host a website with much cpu usage, anyone know a good hosting that does not suspend my account for much CPU usage? thank you very much

Comments

• Any dedicated server provider should be fine.

Thanked by 1tux
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Mining?

• you should consider use dedicated server

Thanked by 1tux
  • I use interserver VPS few weeks for mining. Works fine for me.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I would consider getting a cheap dedicated server. Either that or ask a provider if you can pay more to have a core dedicated to you. This will obviously not be LEB cheap though.

• OVH Dedi

• @joelgm said:
    OVH Dedi

Knew this would come up sooner or later :p

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

It depends if the Atom will do. If there is a lot of CPU and VPS providers are kicking him, perhaps wont be enough.
    A 16G though, should do for sure, if that doesnt, then... WTF site is that :o

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Digital Ocean let's you use the entire CPU and they're even better than Atom processor. Of course both CPU's suck.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited August 2013

@Maounique said:
    It depends if the Atom will do. If there is a lot of CPU and VPS providers are kicking him, perhaps wont be enough.
    A 16G though, should do for sure, if that doesnt, then... WTF site is that :o

Probably a misconfigured site or script. I had Servermania suspend me last month for cpu abuse. It was an accident and they let me examine the logs and processes.

On examining a graph of the logs, I found it queer that my cpu usage was touching 15-16 at regular intervals of 6 hours. I had an active script to check wordpress plugins on 10 sites for updates. Unfortunately, there was a one character typo in my cron.

Instead of:
    0 */6 * * * /root/perlscripts/updater.pl, I had this:
    * */6 * * * /root/perlscripts/updater.pl

And you know the result..

I fixed that, and Voila! My usage dived to 0.15! :D