Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostedSimply - Scamming me or what ? < your recommendation highly needed.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostedSimply - Scamming me or what ? < your recommendation highly needed.

h1z1h1z1 Member
edited November 2019 in Reviews

Hi guys;

First of all please forgive me for my pure language in English; but i'm a member here watching all good talks/idea's.. and love this small community; but to be honest; to find scammers peoples / companies; it's so bad; and i would make the mods on this community responsible and they need to support/help us in this issue; by review the case(s) and take actions against the bad side; company or the client;

anyway it's just suggestion and i hope after this nobody will have what i have with this company;

my story is with bad support; or to be fair un-knowledge from somebody who can run a website and run WHMCS script and start make re-seller affiliate for other companies and start scamming people by force them to lose data or to pay and shut up.

i did work with Hostedsimply.com since 1 year; and i decide after taking 3 VPS's from them to leave 2 and keep the 4GB one for my 2 website ( Free bloggers );

after i receive a termination for not paying because i was busy; i quickly pay through my phone and they have stupid addons for anti-fraud or something idiot; anyway when i take the order i was in Russia for friend visiting; then i come back to Georgia; and when i was there i order this VPS ( before 1 year ) ; and now i need to renew it from Georgia;

This stupid addons keep warning me that my order was from Russia and i'm in different country; i try to change the country and pay again; it doesn't work ether;

i receive from my bank account 2 SMS with 2 payments; i then attached them to administrator and ask them kindly to active my VPS until they fix this issue; because the websites are down and i'm going to lose my traffic and trust in google search and yandex;

after 1 hour they or he respond and relocate it to admin;

i open another ticket to please active the VPS and then investigate or do whatever you want; i prof in my attachment for the payment from my bank;

then i receive another email from PayPal ( 3rd payment ) that the payment has been sent; and i attached screenshot and send them the transaction number ... and till now nobody answer;

till now ( 2 days ) my websites are offline; and i pay 3rd time; it cost me $120 and i'm lost what to do with these scammers ??!! they scammers because they don't respect a client who open ticket since 2 days and prof payment and they didn't even be in touch or give any damn attention;

i pay now $120 ( 3 payments ) for stupid 4GB VPS for one year; and i believe that this issue even if they fix it to me; i wont leave my right to let everybody know my bad experience with them and warning any new clients to never work with this kind of people anymore; and highly recommended that the owner of this community to block them and stop all the ads they have here; because i already see in other ads of them very bad review; but i decide to didn't make it worse and leave also bad review about them;

Any recommendation would be highly recommended guys; and thank you for your time reading my issue;

Votes to banned companies after 5 review from lowendbox/talk.com ?
  1. Do you recommended to banned bad companies who reach 5 bad reviews ?18 votes
    1. yes
      27.78%
    2. no
      72.22%

Comments

• Payment proof?

Support ticket screenshots?

Did you contact them via email or phone or visit their house?

• Check the commets/reviews from LEB:
    https://lowendbox.com/tag/hostedsimply/

You'll find that your experience isn't a one time occurrence.

• Also please note that LEB is not same as LET. So if you buy on LEB, you're on your own buddy. Most of them are scammers...

• @r1z said:
    Hi guys;

First of all please forgive me for my pure language in English; but i'm a member here watching all good talks/idea's.. and love this small community; but to be honest; to find scammers peoples / companies; it's so bad; and i would make the mods on this community responsible and they need to support/help us in this issue; by review the case(s) and take actions against the bad side; company or the client;

anyway it's just suggestion and i hope after this nobody will have what i have with this company;

my story is with bad support; or to be fair un-knowledge from somebody who can run a website and run WHMCS script and start make re-seller affiliate for other companies and start scamming people by force them to lose data or to pay and shut up.

i did work with Hostedsimply.com since 1 year; and i decide after taking 3 VPS's from them to leave 2 and keep the 4GB one for my 2 website ( Free bloggers );

after i receive a termination for not paying because i was busy; i quickly pay through my phone and they have stupid addons for anti-fraud or something idiot; anyway when i take the order i was in Russia for friend visiting; then i come back to Georgia; and when i was there i order this VPS ( before 1 year ) ; and now i need to renew it from Georgia;

This stupid addons keep warning me that my order was from Russia and i'm in different country; i try to change the country and pay again; it doesn't work ether;

i receive from my bank account 2 SMS with 2 payments; i then attached them to administrator and ask them kindly to active my VPS until they fix this issue; because the websites are down and i'm going to lose my traffic and trust in google search and yandex;

after 1 hour they or he respond and relocate it to admin;

i open another ticket to please active the VPS and then investigate or do whatever you want; i prof in my attachment for the payment from my bank;

then i receive another email from PayPal ( 3rd payment ) that the payment has been sent; and i attached screenshot and send them the transaction number ... and till now nobody answer;

till now ( 2 days ) my websites are offline; and i pay 3rd time; it cost me $120 and i'm lost what to do with these scammers ??!! they scammers because they don't respect a client who open ticket since 2 days and prof payment and they didn't even be in touch or give any damn attention;

i pay now $120 ( 3 payments ) for stupid 4GB VPS for one year; and i believe that this issue even if they fix it to me; i wont leave my right to let everybody know my bad experience with them and warning any new clients to never work with this kind of people anymore; and highly recommended that the owner of this community to block them and stop all the ads they have here; because i already see in other ads of them very bad review; but i decide to didn't make it worse and leave also bad review about them;

Any recommendation would be highly recommended guys; and thank you for your time reading my issue;

Contact them and explain your case.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

I'm sorry to hear you've had issues with HostedSimply. Did you sign up via LEB by any chance @r1z? Because that is completely different to LET. We don't have control over what is listed on LEB and most of them don't even have provider tags here.

• Having been around this community for a while after paying school fees to a LEB host (luckily it was a small amount), my conclusion is that there is no point blacklisting any host. It is too easy to discard a scam operation and start a new one. I now operate by whitelisting providers either from experience or careful scrutiny on LET.

I would say that @r1z should treat this episode as an expensive lesson and if you need a provider, pick from any in my signature. Also, advise your friends to stick to only whitelisted providers to starve the bad ones out of business and to grow the good ones for all of our benefit.

• Hi guys;

@somik sure i have prof and i screenshot on both ( Telephone SMS ) + ( bank notification ) + also prof that i contact them in support ticket and they answer me before 4 hours asking for prof; where i did provide the screenshot in first attachment but they blame or i don't know what the heck is wrong with that guy; he's not normal in anyway;

but what i know that i provide full prof to them by screenshot from my bank account; PayPal; SMS; and bank app notification;

@Chievo Sorry it's my mistake i know; but in the end we should be worry how to kick out this kind of bad guys/companies and make this community safety from them; it's my suggestion for all guys.. we not working in dark net here; it's just fucking normal hosting business

@Jord really sorry for that; i just realize that it's not same owners; but because close domains i though they same.. anyway i believe what i was thinking some other guys thinking about this; i suggest small stiky note or alert in homepage to just make sure that any visitor or user here will understand that you don't have any control of LEB.

Just please give me some recommendation what to do with this asshole.. he wasting my time and losing my traffic; fuck... i'm stupid to work with this kind of people;

• @poisson 100% with you; this is a good idea to make a trust hosting provide in this community; also small sticky thread for this would be really helpful for all guys here;

I suggest @Jord to make a small sticky thread here and list all trusted provider where LET recommended and them users; also would recommended to make sticky thread for blacklisted provider in LEB because i believe most of the users here looking there also sometimes in the seasons.

• @r1z said:
    @poisson 100% with you; this is a good idea to make a trust hosting provide in this community; also small sticky thread for this would be really helpful for all guys here;

I suggest @Jord to make a small sticky thread here and list all trusted provider where LET recommended and them users; also would recommended to make sticky thread for blacklisted provider in LEB because i believe most of the users here looking there also sometimes in the seasons.

I think LET is not the place for a sticky to whitelist hosts. This is a discussion forum after all and any whitelist should be left to the individual. That said, I plan to do a personal project to whitelist hosts I personally consider very reliable based on my own stringent criteria and I will announce it when I find time to set it up to go live.

Thanked by 2h1z1 kkrajk

There are plenty of websites that list great providers like @ServerHunter's https://www.serverhunter.com and @Neoon's https://en.metadedi.net/

Thanked by 1h1z1
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2019

Jord said: Did you sign up via LEB by any chance @r1z? Because that is completely different to LET

Honestly LEB is getting so out of control with scams it is probably worse than hackforums, it is directly linked to LET in every way now more than ever, it is not completely different, the same people ultimately own and run both sites.

I think its time to start to distance myself from this place as its bad for business reputation.

Given the literal outright sponsored scams over the past 6 months or so I am frankly surprised that the mod team still exists, its almost like condoning it.

I appreciate the whole "imagine what would happen if we were not here" argument but lets not pretend you guys are holding back any flood waters, they can flick you out of their way like bugs at any moment.

I would argue that if they had to be more accountable it would be better, instead they have a volunteer shield.

Thanked by 2h1z1 poisson
  • @Jord said:
    There are plenty of websites that list great providers like @ServerHunter's https://www.serverhunter.com and @Neoon's https://en.metadedi.net/

Yes, but I think people might find the listing overwhelming. I intend to curate a reasonably small whitelist based on evidence gleaned from various hosting forums to make my decisions and recommendations. Kinda like a LEB dot com replacement.

@poisson said:

@Jord said:

Yes, but I think people might find the listing overwhelming. I intend to curate a reasonably small whitelist based on evidence gleaned from various hosting forums to make my decisions and recommendations. Kinda like a LEB dot com replacement.

I wasn't aiming that at you sir, I was just stating there were some that people could use to find some good providers and deals. But good luck on your project :)

Thanked by 2poisson h1z1
  • LEB is a very high risk environment, and to a slightly lesser extent so is LET. With that in mind, it has the opportunity for high rewards, for the providers who benefit from sales, through to the customers who drive those sales and come out with an excellent deal.

There are some very suspicious business practices going on over on LEB, but LET is different in that it is a community and one that has and will continue to self regulate, and those scams get called out and the scammers are publicly lynched in return.

There must be a reason even the most vocal anti-CC/etc folks are still here..

Thanked by 2Jord poisson

dahartigan said: There must be a reason even the most vocal anti-CC/etc folks are still here..

The reason is that everything you said before this line was true up to about 3 - 6 months ago, there has been a shift, CC are starting to show how thin the volunteer shield actually is and are starting to abuse this place more and more, its the only fresh meat left I guess so I don't think that rings true for much longer and I think you will see more hosts distancing themselves.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @r1z don't worry, I also got a 1 year server from LEB that has a uptime of 83% (counting for the last 2 months. That's when I found LET.

My mistake, maybe same as yours, is that I didn't read reviews before I bought the server. Now I'm older and wiser, and lighter on wallet...

Thanked by 1h1z1

@r1z

Here you go: https://www.lighthouse-services.com/_StandardCustomURL/LHILandingPage.asp

The parent company that is unknowingly but by extension allowing this to happen:

"We are committed to doing well by doing right. That is why we live by our Shared Values and why we have the Code of Business Ethics. The Code is specifically designed to be part of an effective program to prevent and detect violations of law and conduct."

They want to hear from you.

• @r1z first of all I'm sorry to hear about your issues.

r1z said: i receive from my bank account 2 SMS with 2 payments; i then attached them to administrator and ask them kindly to active my VPS until they fix this issue; because the websites are down and i'm going to lose my traffic and trust in google search and yandex;

Since your sites seem important to you, I imagine you have up-to-date backups. LET (not LEB) - this forum where you are right now - has many good deals from reputable providers. I would suggest that you choose one and move your sites to mitigate your damage.

r1z said: i receive from my bank account 2 SMS with 2 payments; i then attached them to administrator and ask them kindly to active my VPS until they fix this issue;

i pay now $120 ( 3 payments ) for stupid 4GB VPS for one year;

Well, you could have paid only the first invoice (the first sms received), notified the provider and waited for the solution. Anyway... open a dispute with PayPal and explain that you paid three times and that the provider refuses to resolve the situation. Do the same with your bank, explaining that in this case you paid twice for the service.

I wish you the best luck.

• @r1z I think you should do as @ITLabs suggested and file a dispute with PayPal with your evidence.

Thanked by 2ITLabs h1z1
  • @somik @AnthonySmith @ITLabs @poisson

Thank you all guys for your supporting and feeling; i really appreciate that and i just write my case here to try stop this kind of shitty people who is make the internet more worse and slow down of our success here; anyway i'm going to wait till today; if he didn't respond to me im going really to show him the bad guy; it's fine.. i just have backup on 26/10 and going to work again on what i did ( spend more 2 days ); and hope this mistake would never happen again;

Also to mention for you guy; i contact the admins on LEB @Facebook.com/lowendofficial/

and they respond to me and they trying to solve this issue; and i was happy that they take my issue seriously and contacted them @hostedsimply.com owner;

Also i want to mention for you guys that i believe as i'm sure because when i think in the bad guys i always be right; that the owner for hostedsimply.com he the same owner of another scamming company who i have also reseller account there @hosting73.com because my support tickets there on both companies they respond to me in the same time; so i see today @lowendbox.com they have new promotion for hosting73.com for VPS; as i'm sure he trying to slow down the promotion on hostedsimply after what i'm doing to him;

Buy my question is there any recommendation on VPS i can start today with ? do someone of you provide VPS so i can contact him directly by email and work on my moving ?

• @r1z said:
    @somik @AnthonySmith @ITLabs @poisson

Thank you all guys for your supporting and feeling; i really appreciate that and i just write my case here to try stop this kind of shitty people who is make the internet more worse and slow down of our success here; anyway i'm going to wait till today; if he didn't respond to me im going really to show him the bad guy; it's fine.. i just have backup on 26/10 and going to work again on what i did ( spend more 2 days ); and hope this mistake would never happen again;

Also to mention for you guy; i contact the admins on LEB @Facebook.com/lowendofficial/

and they respond to me and they trying to solve this issue; and i was happy that they take my issue seriously and contacted them @hostedsimply.com owner;

Also i want to mention for you guys that i believe as i'm sure because when i think in the bad guys i always be right; that the owner for hostedsimply.com he the same owner of another scamming company who i have also reseller account there @hosting73.com because my support tickets there on both companies they respond to me in the same time; so i see today @lowendbox.com they have new promotion for hosting73.com for VPS; as i'm sure he trying to slow down the promotion on hostedsimply after what i'm doing to him;

Buy my question is there any recommendation on VPS i can start today with ? do someone of you provide VPS so i can contact him directly by email and work on my moving ?

I don't like to see honest people scammed, and I hope you will file a Paypal dispute to get your money back and after that, do not ever go back to lowendbox again.

I am more than happy to recommend reliable VPS providers I have personally experienced as a customer and can vouch for the provider's honesty and great service. However, I think you will have to tell us your needs:

• how many vCPUs
    • how much RAM
    • how much storage and the type (HDD, SSD, Nvme)
    • how much bandwith
    • location preference (USA, Europe, Asia)
    • estimated budget per month
  • Excuse me dear @Jord but i just shocked when i see the advertisement for LEB in here;

https://prnt.sc/pulwm8

and you say there is no connection between them and LET ? how's that ...

Also I just explained above there is a strong feeling that the owner of Hosting73 is same owner of Hostedsimply... i can proof that by the tickets time for you guys;

I have both websites services and they respond in both time for my issue; don't tell me it's normal because it's impossible to happen; especially there is a connection between these 2 websites with advertisement on LEB!

• @poisson said:

• how many vCPUs
    • how much RAM
    • how much storage and the type (HDD, SSD, Nvme)
    • how much bandwith
    • location preference (USA, Europe, Asia)
    • estimated budget per month

Thanks buddy for helping me; but to be honest i prefer 1 year subscription and i like the way of this deals were i'm not going to pay monthly .. so my budget with that was 38$ per year; i can share you invoice from them; and i hope to find better specs with this budget; not more than $50 yearly for 4GB; good CPU; depend on the offers... but i would stick on 4GB ( not less ) and would be recommended if i get more than 4GB with not more than $50 yearly;

• @r1z said:
    Thanks buddy for helping me; but to be honest i prefer 1 year subscription and i like the way of this deals were i'm not going to pay monthly .. so my budget with that was 38$ per year; i can share you invoice from them; and i hope to find better specs with this budget; not more than $50 yearly for 4GB; good CPU; depend on the offers... but i would stick on 4GB ( not less ) and would be recommended if i get more than 4GB with not more than $50 yearly;

I don't see many promos from providers I think are trustworthy (they are in my signature). I will tag @SmartHost to see if he can work something out for you because I know he has spare capacity now. He is actually running a really good deal for $7 a month if you don't mind increasing your budget (he probably will accept annual payment): https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/161015/flash-sale-blowout-smarthost-8gb-ram-40gb-nvme-ssd-4-vcpu-2tb-bw-kvm-vps-only-6-95-month/p1

Otherwise, let's see if he can come up with something to fit your budget.

Thanked by 1h1z1
  • @r1z said:
    Excuse me dear @Jord but i just shocked when i see the advertisement for LEB in here;

https://prnt.sc/pulwm8

and you say there is no connection between them and LET ? how's that ...

Also I just explained above there is a strong feeling that the owner of Hosting73 is same owner of Hostedsimply... i can proof that by the tickets time for you guys;

I have both websites services and they respond in both time for my issue; don't tell me it's normal because it's impossible to happen; especially there is a connection between these 2 websites with advertisement on LEB!

From what I understand, LET is under the thumb of same people who run LEB. So they choose admins for this forum. On top of that, they use their feed bot to post LEB offers here. Mods tried to delete them, but they have not been successful.

So the connection is more of one way...

Thanked by 1h1z1
  • imokimok Member
    edited November 2019

@r1z said:
    i just realize that it's not same owners; but because close domains i though they same.. anyway i believe what i was thinking some other guys thinking about this;

Except they are in fact the same owners.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • @Jord said:
    I'm sorry to hear you've had issues with HostedSimply. Did you sign up via LEB by any chance @r1z? Because that is completely different to LET. We don't have control over what is listed on LEB and most of them don't even have provider tags here.

That's weird .. i'm waiting @Jord for answer; because my issue still remaining and i think the owner of LEB or LET need to take actions against theses bastard #Hostedsimply.com or any other company this kid is running;

@r1z LEB and LET are owned by the same people, they are and were at one point meant to be separated.

Mods have tried to remove the threads, but they just get added back and or restored.

We've asked why this has been forced on LET to no avail, I suppose it makes them more money. If it was up to me I would have it all removed and banned. But I can only do so much. I do agree with you though and I'm sorry you've been treated unfairly. I do hope you get a refund or manage to get your money back.

• People whining about loosing clients while they use a budget provider, lol.