Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lowendbox not so lowend price?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

lowendbox not so lowend price?

Does anybody know what happen to lowendbox price drastically increased for mostly every provider, openvz can cost more than $100 per year. Does colocrossing increase their price affect those vps provider? I hope LET provider do not follow their step to massively increase price. I hope it is ok for this post to be here, it is about: "Low End Talk".

Thanked by 1Sofia_K

Comments

• @DavidL said:
    Does anybody know what happen to lowendbox price drastically increased for mostly every provider, openvz can cost more than $100 per year. Does colocrossing increase their price affect those vps provider? I hope LET provider do not follow their step to massively increase price. I hope it is ok for this post to be here, it is about: "Low End Talk".

It's like some mass insanity.

• Nothing to see. Move on.

• LEB prices had to be increased due to CC's ongoing investments to offer IPv6.

Thanked by 2kkrajk mrTom
  • Don't buy there at all. There are other nice hosts, here on LET.

Thanked by 2maverickp DavidL
  • I have something I need to get off my chest:

I took a gamble a few months ago now on a KVM from one of the LEB hosts, it's a 4 core 4GB KVM in Buffalo for $40/year. It has been honestly running like a charm. Strong on plow. No downtime except me rebooting for updates. Fast network (it's CC, I assume..) which is surprising to me.

I'm not even idling it, to be perfectly honest, I'm running my "dirty" apps on there. The ones that tend to go bonkers on the rare occasion, like Jackett and Sonarr and Radarr, and start eating RAM or whatnot. It's my backup Plex server too. It's not like I abuse this thing, but i'm not going easy on her.

The price on the site, etc has been jacked up a lot, which seems to be a more sustainable price, although not exactly as low as we're used to here in LET.

If this manages to last the remainder of the year, I'd be shocked, but when renewal comes it will make me think twice. $40 a year is kinda decent but the $120/year they want for it now, nah mate.

Strange days indeed.

• @dahartigan said:

If this manages to last the remainder of the year, I'd be shocked, but when renewal comes it will make me think twice. $40 a year is kinda decent but the $120/year they want for it now, nah mate.

They've gone from one extreme to the other. From: how can you resist that deal even from that host to why would you pay for that deal at that host?

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@dahartigan said:
    I have something I need to get off my chest:

I took a gamble a few months ago now on a KVM from one of the LEB hosts, it's a 4 core 4GB KVM in Buffalo for $40/year. It has been honestly running like a charm. Strong on plow. No downtime except me rebooting for updates. Fast network (it's CC, I assume..) which is surprising to me.

I'm not even idling it, to be perfectly honest, I'm running my "dirty" apps on there. The ones that tend to go bonkers on the rare occasion, like Jackett and Sonarr and Radarr, and start eating RAM or whatnot. It's my backup Plex server too. It's not like I abuse this thing, but i'm not going easy on her.

The price on the site, etc has been jacked up a lot, which seems to be a more sustainable price, although not exactly as low as we're used to here in LET.

Strange days indeed.

That's absurd.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @donli said:

@dahartigan said:

They've gone from one extreme to the other. From: how can you resist that deal even from that host to why would you pay for that deal at that host?

Which is actually a good thing for LET, the allure of the shitty LEB hosts disappears when the price is equal or higher than a better, community-regulated LET host.

In my opinion, of course..

• dahartigan said: I have something I need to get off my chest:

I took a gamble a few months ago now on a KVM from one of the LEB hosts

You wut??????

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited November 2019

@ITLabs said:

dahartigan said: I have something I need to get off my chest:

I took a gamble a few months ago now on a KVM from one of the LEB hosts

You wut??????

Yeah I know right.. what the fuck was I thinking? It's the sort of dumbass thing Kel would do :)

EDIT: There was a thread a while ago asking for people to post random benchmarks and then guess who it is. I posted the benchmark in that thread, I'll see if I can dig it up and edit this post again.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • There's a rule in here, long time a go. New provider can't use yearly price. But it seems most of the posts on LEB were on yearly basis.

Just imagine, if all those reader/buyer, did not do their research before purchase, and buy the service for one year, and have some problem, they might just waste their money.

But, I can't make a comment on that site now, since someone block my email from commenting on LEB :expressionless:

Thanked by 2uptime seriesn
  • dahartigan said: (it's CC, I assume..)

I'm pretty sure it's CC

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

When bean counters are the bosses, expect the acquisition to yield 2x to 3x returns in 5 to 7 years. .

More ways than one to get surprised, there could be BF deals that could indicate exactly the opposite

Thanked by 2uptime ITLabs
  • wonder if everyone of us use signature "Dont buy from CC" .. I think with that, newcomers will think twice before buying from them. We save people, we are better than Marvel superheroes.

Thanked by 1DavidL
  • @creep said:
    wonder if everyone of us use signature "Dont buy from CC" .. I think with that, newcomers will think twice before buying from them. We save people, we are better than Marvel superheroes.

Except that most people know of LEB before LET. LEB offers are advertised on google unlike LET.

• its the game plan to help the good LET providers here. please do not misunderstand the kind intentions.

• dahartigan said: If this manages to last the remainder of the year, I'd be shocked, but when renewal comes it will make me think twice. $40 a year is kinda decent but the $120/year they want for it now, nah mate.

It seems CC hosts got inspiration from Hostmantis to hike prices! That's the reason the customers (will) are now paying 3x to 4x the original pricing at the renewal and new purchases.

Also, LowEndBox should rename themselves as HighEndBox subject to price hikes?

• @Sofia_K said:

dahartigan said: If this manages to last the remainder of the year, I'd be shocked, but when renewal comes it will make me think twice. $40 a year is kinda decent but the $120/year they want for it now, nah mate.

It seems CC hosts got inspiration from Hostmantis to hike prices! That's the reason the customers (will) are now paying 3x to 4x the original pricing at the renewal and new purchases.

My prediction would be a crazy price drop for BF. How much lower can one go?

• @dahartigan said:

@Sofia_K said:

dahartigan said: If this manages to last the remainder of the year, I'd be shocked, but when renewal comes it will make me think twice. $40 a year is kinda decent but the $120/year they want for it now, nah mate.

$7 / year

• @cybertech said:

@dahartigan said:

@Sofia_K said:

$7 / year

$7/year is the new $7/month after black friday.

Thanked by 2cybertech ITLabs
  • @cybertech said:

@dahartigan said:

@Sofia_K said:

$7 / year

For first year. Subsequent year costs $700 / year.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • dahartigan said: My prediction would be a crazy price drop for BF. How much lower can one go?

Yup. Some of their brands might offer such dirt cheap deals on black friday!

• @Sofia_K said:

dahartigan said: My prediction would be a crazy price drop for BF. How much lower can one go?

Yup. Some of their brands might offer such dirt cheap deals on black friday!

Step 1, increase price by 3 fold.
    Step 2, give 70% off your prices for blackfriday.
    Step 3, profit?

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

@somik said:

Step 3, profit?

So mark up something worth 100 to list at 400.
    Offer 70 percent discount --> discounted price at 120
    Make an extra 20 bucks?

Math won't work otherwise, remarks my over caffeinated self

• @vyas11 said:

@somik said:

Step 3, profit?

So mark up something worth 100 to list at 400.
    Offer 70 percent discount --> discounted price at 120
    Make an extra 20 bucks?

Math won't work otherwise, remarks my over caffeinated self

Now you get it! Your training has ended. You can finally apply to be a provider at LEB!

Thanked by 2vyas11 mrTom
  • @somik said:

Now you get it! Your training has ended. You can finally apply to be a provider at LEB!

yay! Now I only need to create a BF Offer and wait for the LEB Bot to do the rest.

• @vyas11 said:

@somik said:

yay! Now I only need to create a BF Offer and wait for the LEB Bot to do the rest.

Dont forget that your servers MUST be located on CC, otherwise no go!

Thanked by 2vyas11 Sofia_K
  • RadWebHostingRadWebHosting Member, Host Rep

It seems like LEB's nightly cron jobs clone a reseller company each day which provides the following day's post.