Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[LowEndFeed] Kudohosting thought nobody would notice a 10x increase in price
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[LowEndFeed] Kudohosting thought nobody would notice a 10x increase in price

As per the title, this LEB post is horrendous:

https://lowendbox.com/blog/kudohosting-reseller-plans-starting-at-51-a-year-and-more/

Compare the pricing of the VPSses with this old offer:

https://lowendbox.com/blog/kudohosting-cpanel-shared-whm-reseller-linux-vps-from-0-99-year-in-los-angeles-new-york/

And compare the pricing of the reseller hosting with this old offer:

https://lowendbox.com/blog/kudohosting-usa-reseller-hosting-with-cpanel-from-7-year-and-vps-from-1-49-month/

Over 440% increase in price for the vpsses, and over 1000% (yes, that's 10x) increase in price for the reseller hosting.

Now, I know a lot of you will defend this with "muh cpanel expensive", but given that these products hold the same pid in their WHMCS system as in the old offers, someone actively maintained their pricing with respect to either cpanel pricing (which does not explain the vps price rising as much). Furthermore, they have not announced such an increase in price and as such this pricing strategy is dishonest at least.

Or, and this has been said quite a bit lately, they are artificially increasing the price of the vpsses in order to create a "really good deal" on black friday, trying to generate some fake goodwill for LEB.

This entire platform is morally corrupt and you (and me) should not be on here. There are many alternatives to hosting forums, which I will not name here for neutral-ness sake.

Comments

• @teamacc said:

There are many alternatives to hosting forums, which I will not name here for balls-ness sake.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

BF preparations.
    1000% OFF!!!! GET IT NOW!

• If H-B had the simple layout of this forum, then I might be tempted. Last time I looked it was too messy for my taste.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Sadly, the fools that buy those won't read your post.

For it is too long.

Thanked by 2poisson imok
  • I feel as if you're coming off bitter by this point. It's not worth your effort, everyone knows.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • Now this is a feed that I like :-)

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

So much for LE :|

• Not just Kudohosting, if you go to LEB you will see many of the sketchy "providers" there have increased their vps prices enormously

Thanked by 1skorous
  • Changes are coming!

Thanked by 3ITLabs default james50a
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Herr Amitz has spoken.

There can no longer be an argument.

Thanked by 2Wolf Amitz
  • @msallak1 said:
    Not just Kudohosting, if you go to LEB you will see many of the sketchy "providers" there have increased their vps prices enormously

I have commented on all of them with proof. For the first page of offers most of my comments are still awaiting moderation by the CC team. Most of those comments were only submitted today, so that's pretty fair.

• Have you met "promotional offer"? They are pretty common.
    Have you started a new business before? They are hard to attract new customers from the start. Having loss leaders is pretty common.
    Have you been an intern or done work experience? They're trading free labour to gain skills and knowledge that you can then turn around and charge real money for.

What is your obsession with pids and carts? Seriously, no one else gives a shit how their cart and backend handles pids and offers. It just matters that what was advertised and sold is what the customer gets and pays for.

Like SirFoxy pointed out, this just hurts your credibility whining about price increases for low end hosts you don't even have service with. It just makes you look like a kid.

I could list off a dozen services that if you get in at the start the price is 10X less than what others pay at a later time. This is common, routine, and nothing to get your panties in a bunch over.

• @TimboJones said:
    Have you met "promotional offer"? They are pretty common.
    Have you started a new business before? They are hard to attract new customers from the start. Having loss leaders is pretty common.
    Have you been an intern or done work experience? They're trading free labour to gain skills and knowledge that you can then turn around and charge real money for.

What is your obsession with pids and carts? Seriously, no one else gives a shit how their cart and backend handles pids and offers. It just matters that what was advertised and sold is what the customer gets and pays for.

Like SirFoxy pointed out, this just hurts your credibility whining about price increases for low end hosts you don't even have service with. It just makes you look like a kid.

I could list off a dozen services that if you get in at the start the price is 10X less than what others pay at a later time. This is common, routine, and nothing to get your panties in a bunch over.

Please do some additional research.

All CC-based hosts have had their pricing increased between 2x to 10x in the past 2 months.

No earlier price increase has been noted. All these CC-hosted brands chose to increase their pricing at exactly the same time.

If it smells fishy, looks fishy and sounds fishy, it probably is fishy.

• It's across LEB and a good marketing plan to drive sales towards real LET providers !

• @teamacc said:

@TimboJones said:

All CC-based hosts have had their pricing increased between 2x to 10x in the past 2 months.

No earlier price increase has been noted. All these CC-hosted brands chose to increase their pricing at exactly the same time.

If it smells fishy, looks fishy and sounds fishy, it probably is fishy.

As should you. I'm basically saying this is all normal and you're alleging there's a huge fraud amongst all CC providers.

I don't follow. There's tons of complaints of posting unsustainable offers leading to fly-by-night providers who can't sustain and close up, so then when they post sustainable offers, you complain. WTF. The whole Host Mantis price increase should have been a learning experience in how companies have a business model and expected expenses and then shit happens and expenses increases. Again, this is typical in new companies.

User: "I'm sick of all these 3 year deals and ultra low cost deals that are not sustainable"
    Provider: "Here is a deal that is sustainable"
    User: "What the fuck, the price is 2-10X higher!"

No earlier price increase has been noted.

? In what world does noting your price has increased in an ad for new services a smart idea? Seriously, is that what you were expecting, a notice that they have increased their price? Adjust your expectations, they are wrong.

You're attacking a company on pricing alone, nothing about the service provided. Would you invite someone to critique your salary and previous salary increases without looking at the work you did to earn the increase in salary? (My response would be "fuck you, I'm worth what I make"). Would you go back and take a previous job at a lower salary or are you at the point where you feel like you earn the salary for the work you do?

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited October 2019

so here we are, hanging with our homies at the county fair, calling out the carnies, placing our bets around the deadpool and getting ready to gorge on popcorn

generally inclined to agree with @teamacc - people who are paying attention to the scammery would do well to recognize the putrid aroma of grift in the air.

Perhaps, eventually, the should, would, and could parts of the equation will come together and many people will enjoy a great migration to greener pastures on a more level playing ground.

I've just been observing for a couple years - I notice there's maybe a small handful of posters that have stuck with the forum since "the olden days" - and so many more who've come and gone. I won't be surprised to visit 5 or 10 years from now to see the scam has endured, while most of the current crowd (self included) has moved on.

But I will admit to having some conflicting feelings about the entertainment value of the brutality inherent in the system here in the meantime ...

LET is like having window box seats at an arena specializing in bum fights - and occasional jousting with windmills. :smiley:

Thanked by 2ITLabs vimalware
  • servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

@TimboJones said:

If I understood correctly the issue here is that they are doing price increase just to decrease it after approx 1 month on BF . So the price increase here is not done as corrective measure to have more sustainable offers , it is merely marking tactic used to give the customer false sense of having an offer

another point @teamacc is trying to imply (i think) is that those offers seems all managed by same entity and not what it looks like as different companies competing for customers (all offers doing price hike at exact one point and doing price discount at exact another point in the future)

To verify if the claims by @teamacc has any base I think 2 easy tests can be done

1- wait till BF and see if the prices of those hosts will drop again (or other set of hosts will drop their prices if we assumed all is managed by same entity )

2- to verify this is not normal behaviour having all hosts in LEB increasing their prices before BF we could easily check LEB offers before BF 2 or more yeas ago . I mean if this was normal practice in the business it should have been done regularly before every BF every year

Thanked by 4Amitz uptime skorous Ouji
  • @uptime

The fault lies not with the mob, who demands nonsense, but with those who do not know how to produce anything else.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited October 2019

I stand by my opinion: BF thread should not be hosted on LET this year.

Thanked by 2uptime maverickp
  • teamacc said: This entire platform is morally corrupt and you (and me) should not be on here. There are many alternatives to hosting forums, which I will not name here for neutral-ness sake.

I don't understand why you don't just sign out and never look back if the whole CC thing upsets you so much. All the noise you're making isn't going to do anything except bring more attention to LEB, CC and their offers.

I know it's contentious for me to say this, but in the words of a Disney character -

• How is it corrupt for a business to monetize it's assets lmao

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited October 2019

@SirFoxy said:
    How is it corrupt for a business to monetize it's assets lmao

Exactly, it's all about monetizing and profits without respect, just like OP is trying to suggest.

Because they change the underlying rules, it's not so much about the honorable members of community. Now they "change", and your presence here makes you the instrument to accept and advertise (and maybe consume) their products. Good publicity, bad publicity, it's still publicity, and this is all they care about.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @default said:

@SirFoxy said:

Exactly, it's all about monetizing and profits without respect, just like OP is trying to suggest.

Because they change the underlying rules, it's not so much about the honorable members of community. Now they "change", and your presence here makes you the instrument to accept and advertise (and maybe consume) their products. Good publicity, bad publicity, it's still publicity, and this is all they care about.

So the simple solution is if you don't like the site don't use it. No need to create 80 threads stating the obvious.

• @SirFoxy said:

@default said:

@SirFoxy said:

So the simple solution is if you don't like the site don't use it. No need to create 80 threads stating the obvious.

I did not create 80 threads stating the same thing. In fact, I barely create any threads.

Regarding usage... believe me: I am trying to use LET less and less; some hope still exists that LET will change for better, especially with the work of @teamacc - so I am not disturbed so much to leave it all of a sudden, yet. Besides, I don't want to miss the popcorn.

• @default said:

@SirFoxy said:

@default said:

@SirFoxy said:

I did not create 80 threads stating the same thing. In fact, I barely create any threads.

Regarding usage... believe me: I am trying to use LET less and less; some hope still exists that LET will change for better, especially with the work of @teamacc - so I am not disturbed so much to leave it all of a sudden, yet. Besides, I don't want to miss the popcorn.

I was referring to him not you about the multiple threads stating the obvious.

• Sofia_KSofia_K Member
    edited October 2019

I cannot digest this theory that for the sake of Black Friday deals a host would first increase their price for 100%-400% and later in couple of days/weeks they'll offer something like $18/yr 2GB RAM, 50 GB disk VPS or alike offers just to make feel the customer : "Wow I'm saving sooo muchhhh, let's buy!"

Which customer browses website/blog/forum archives to see the past-pricing details of a particular host/brand when they stumbleupon a dirt-cheap deal like $12 or $18 VPS or reseller on some post? - really no one! They just click and grab the deal. that's it!

The only way a host can show "artificial" price increase IS on their own website by striking off the $100/yr retail price with $18/yr deal price on occasion on Black friday.

I feel the price increase on CC-based host/Kudohosting, etc. are the outcome of:
    1. cpanel price increase
    2. can't sustain the loss-making dirt cheap pricing anymore!

either of the two reasons above.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited October 2019

Does anyone here have a serious estimate what a site like lowendtalk.com is realistically worth? One should make an offer to Deluxe, buy that shithole and give control to a consortium of yearly elected members of the community. With one pope having a veto right. Me for example.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @Amitz said:
    Does anyone here have a serious estimate what a site like lowendtalk.com is realistically worth? One should make an offer to Deluxe, buy that shithole and give control to a consortium of yearly elected members of the community. With one pope having a veto right. Me for example.

They should organize an auction for LET within LET. Now that would be something interesting.

• 7 USD.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Sofia_K said: I cannot digest this theory that for the sake of Black Friday deals a host would first increase their price for 100%-400% and later in couple of days/weeks they'll offer something like $18/yr 2GB RAM, 50 GB disk VPS or alike offers just to make feel the customer : "Wow I'm saving sooo muchhhh, let's buy!"

Why not? It's an old trick done in retail that's illegal in Canada at the very least.

I mean, ChicagoVPS used to list their pricing as $24.95/month or so with a constant 75% discount. People always want to feel they're getting a deal/discount even if you're lying to them.

Francisco

Thanked by 1uptime