Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can anyone help me on this : 2 website on a VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can anyone help me on this : 2 website on a VPS

punkstarpunkstar Member
edited August 2013 in Help

i would like to know if it's possible to host 2 website on a single VPS , if yes then how so ,
i look for something like this :
the main website is :
www.website.com and the second website would look like this : www.website.com/secondwebsite

how to do this ?
i already hosted a website on the VPS . i would like to know how to make this if its possible ?

thank you for you time.

using ngnix as webserver with latest updates

Comments

• What is your web server? Apache? Nginx?

• Uh... create a directory?

• @zhuanyi said:
    What is your web server? Apache? Nginx?

it is Ngnix

• you want to add a vhost to your configuration. I added a tut link below.

http://gerardmcgarry.com/blog/setting-a-virtual-host-nginx

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited August 2013

@punkstar of course. You can run as many sites you want on a single VPS within resources included. The easiest and cheapest way would be to use some free webhosting control panel like kloxo-MR.

edit. Disregard my answer regading control panel. I posted it before I saw that you have webserver already installed.

• so the vhost is the solution here? I will try the tutorial you gave me thanks a lot for the fast answers

• Just make a directory under website root, unless you want to use a different domain.

• Yep, that's the solution.

• @punkstar said:
    so the vhost is the solution here? I will try the tutorial you gave me thanks a lot for the fast answers

If your "second website" is to be www.website.com/website2, then you would just create a directory in the root of your first site. But if you meant site2.website.com or www.website2.com, then yes, use a new virtual host.

• You can do that even on shared hosting.

• Setup DNS and your web server.

• thats exactly what i mean , well here's more information :
    this is my forum link : www.infinite-gaming.ml
    that's the main forum . I want to create a second forum on it which will look like : www.infinite-gaming.ml/khk where khk is the second forum. Thats what i want to do.

• awsonawson Member
    edited August 2013

@punkstar said:
    thats exactly what i mean , well here's more information :
    this is my forum link : www.infinite-gaming.ml
    that's the main forum . I want to create a second forum on it which will look like : www.infinite-gaming.ml/khk where khk is the second forum. Thats what i want to do.

It'll be a bit difficult to set up two forums in the same public directory. You'd be better doing khk.infinite-gaming.ml as the second forum.

• @awson said:
    It'll be a bit difficult to set up two forums in the same public directory. You'd be better doing khk.infinite-gaming.ml as the second forum.

That look interesting . How can i make it like this?

• wychwych Member

@punkstar said:
    That look interesting . How can i make it like this?

Add another A record to your DNS and then either install a control panel such as Kloxo or modify your Vhosts file as outlined above...

• thanks i will try out and i'll report back the results.

• hello there, thanks for the replies. i did create another directory and it works as i wanted to. thank for the help guys.