Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[hostsolutions.ro] down, client portal is up and down also? not sure what? ddos - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[hostsolutions.ro] down, client portal is up and down also? not sure what? ddos

Comments

• MikePT said: None would cause this, a VM going down? That'd be the host node, no? Not exactly the module causing packetloss / shutting down vms etc.

Maybe I misunderstood but where are you getting a VM going down as an issue? I thought most people were annoyed at undelivered VMs or VMs that don't work at time of delivery which could well be modules, right? The ongoing network issues is obviously a whole different kettle of fish.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@jsg said:

@MikePT said:
    blaming the provisioning module isn't right, as knowledgeable providers know it's not the cause.

Knowledgeable providers (btw, greetings to that friend of yours) also know that some providers know someone who's "a really talented programmer" and have him "make the software better" and/or add some cool functionality.

And maybe @cociu like quite some other providers isn't the tech guy (but the sales guy). Maybe he just forwarded to us what his tech guy(s) told him. You know, the tech guys who are always busy with turning the latest promo into more or less running systems and who never get the time to do anything properly and to do some testing.

@skorous said:

MikePT said: None would cause this, a VM going down? That'd be the host node, no? Not exactly the module causing packetloss / shutting down vms etc.

Maybe I misunderstood but where are you getting a VM going down as an issue? I thought most people were annoyed at undelivered VMs or VMs that don't work at time of delivery which could well be modules, right? The ongoing network issues is obviously a whole different kettle of fish.

Many people here saying that their VPS is offline and doesnt seem to be related to modules only. Pretty sure about this. Check this thread carefully. Existing VPSes offline. Entirelly.

Whatever module it is, especially ModulesGarden stuff, have support and they can fix whatever is wrong.

Partitions not working with 2TB+? Thats easy to sort. This should have been fixed before running sales.

I like @cociu a lot but there isnt any excuse for such delays and bad support. Closing all unanswered tickets at once is disrespectful. I have never done that or worked for any provider that does. I have worked for providers that get 100+ tickets per hour.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@MikePT said:
    Many people here saying that their VPS is offline and doesnt seem to be related to modules only. Pretty sure about this. Check this thread carefully. Existing VPSes offline. Entirelly.

I didn't doubt that, not at all. I think you misunderstood me. My point was about how his explanation here can probably be explained and how the trouble was probably created. I wouldn't be sure that the modules running at HS are (still) how they were shipped/provided.

I like @cociu a lot but there isnt any excuse for such delays and bad support. Closing all unanswered tickets at once is disrespectful.

Of course it is! And so are response times of days or even weeks.

Thanked by 3ITLabs MikePT skorous

@jsg said:

@MikePT said:

I didn't doubt that, not at all. I think you misunderstood me. My point was about how his explanation here can probably be explained and how the trouble was probably created. I wouldn't be sure that the modules running at HS are (still) how they were shipped/provided.

I like @cociu a lot but there isnt any excuse for such delays and bad support. Closing all unanswered tickets at once is disrespectful.

Of course it is! And so are response times of days or even weeks.

Sorry mate definitely misunderstood.

Agreed!

• MikePT said: Many people here saying that their VPS is offline and doesnt seem to be related to modules only. Pretty sure about this. Check this thread carefully. Existing VPSes offline. Entirelly.

Hey MikePT, not to bludgeon a dead horse but perhaps you missed the line where I said, "The ongoing network issues is obviously a whole different kettle of fish." The people that talk about their servers being offline I believe are referencing the DDoS going on. Their server is there they just can't access it because of network issues. That was the case for my machines and it's better since the Voxility kicked in. Not perfect mind you but I've been able to log in to it every time I've tried now. There is one person in thread who said their machine was dead ( dajiba ) but he just reinstalled it and it failed.

And just so TimboJones doesn't come after me, I'm not defending him, just want to keep the facts straight.

• good guy @skorous doing due diligence to accurately parse descriptions of the absolute clusterfuck of issues @cociu has allowed to accumulate (presumably while huffing epic perfumes on a long vacation ... bless his heart) :smiley:

I think @jsg has identified the crux of the biscuit though: it is not acceptable to keep pushing offers for stuff that hasn't been tested and can't be properly supported. End of story.

@cocui wants to blame it on the provisioning modules? smh. Really now. (Who decided it was a good idea to sell systems relying on these modules in the first place? Cry me a river in Egypt, as they say. But don't piss on my leg and tell me to blame the rain gods.)

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited August 2019

modules over 9999 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• @uptime said:
    (presumably while huffing epic perfumes on a long vacation ... bless his heart) :smiley:

Thanked by 2uptime Amitz

@skorous said:

MikePT said: Many people here saying that their VPS is offline and doesnt seem to be related to modules only. Pretty sure about this. Check this thread carefully. Existing VPSes offline. Entirelly.

Hey MikePT, not to bludgeon a dead horse but perhaps you missed the line where I said, "The ongoing network issues is obviously a whole different kettle of fish." The people that talk about their servers being offline I believe are referencing the DDoS going on. Their server is there they just can't access it because of network issues. That was the case for my machines and it's better since the Voxility kicked in. Not perfect mind you but I've been able to log in to it every time I've tried now. There is one person in thread who said their machine was dead ( dajiba ) but he just reinstalled it and it failed.

And just so TimboJones doesn't come after me, I'm not defending him, just want to keep the facts straight.

Thank you for clarifying. I may be wrong indeed.

Hopefully Marius gets to sort all this mess.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • cociucociu Member
    edited August 2019

i am not a lier , so here is the support what i get from the modules guy https://imgur.com/a/wESDIjV

I know that it is not an excuse and that I am directly responsible of this shit, we are working to remedy this error on my own, but unfortunately it was coincident with the attack (it continues to this day) and this has created great delays.

To mention : i have try to buy the open source from Mohhamed to sort all this shit out but was denied, i understand him perfectly is only one person working in this but ... i am opened to pay so finnaly i am obligated to swich to another module but until today no one is fit for us.

I have post this before , we have problems only in vps plans and exactly the problem is this 2 issues :

1) in openvz 6 if the customer is upgrade the kernel the vz is broken (no possibility to roll back without manual intervencion and this was causated many problems/tikets eaven we have specif this many time)

2) with the new kvm storage plans we had the problem with the disk with size +2tb because the script is not waiting , is serve all commands at the same time , we have try to delay between the commands and somethimes is still fail. My colleage is still working in this issue and i hope will be resolved verry soon.

Now for all who dont know what is a ddos atack and cannot understand what type of problem is caused please do not comment. In all this years i have see hosting company much bigger than us who had eaven more downtime than us when was attacked . We had problems 4-5 days and durring this days we have been up/down many times , this was until we have implement the ddos protection in all our network not only in the TOP products, to mention is FREE so i have not go directly to the customers packet like any of you here claim money for protection , i assume all this cost , is free and will be free.

"More questions please ?"

Thanks all.

• LeviLevi Member

cociu said: no one is fit for us

Create your own. Hire developer and create your own module. It would cost 2 - 3k, but it will be opensource, tailored to your specific needs and bug less (in theory).

• cociucociu Member
    edited August 2019

LTniger said: (in theory).

>

this is the magic word, i have try this 2 years ago finally we have forgott this ideea. To have such module you need to be up to date this meen hold some people to work only for this and this is +cost wich i cannot afford , or at least is not my target.

• cociu said: I know that it is not an excuse and that I am directly responsible of this shit

then stop excusing and solve the shit.

obviously the product you use is the wrong one. if you deploy new nodes ever so often finally change to something else and start migrating customers.
    f.i. ZXHost used virtualizor in combination with proxmox and had high storage plans as well...

and f*cking TEST your own products before you offer them in to hundreds or even thousands. don't expect people to understand or care about that you sold untested KVM vps >2TB without knowing that they simply don't work.

the worst: don't leave people hanging in ticket queues by not answering or even (auto-)closing. answer them timely, but don't tell them they might need to wait 3 days when it's actually 3 weeks or even month. simply retract the offer then and refund and only offer again AFTER you fixed EVERYTHING.

• My oldest openvz vps has stayed up with 99%+. (ocassional 1-4min blips are fine for an nginx large-file web server)

I just realized it's only my lxc vps there that got network partition-ed for hours due to the ddos.

So, I guess the DDOS is limited to certain IP ranges.

Thanked by 2uptime skorous
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited August 2019

@cociu how long have you been doing this ...? None of this - including the ddos - should come as a surprise to anyone who is not just rolling out their first summerhost. But you've been around the block a few times now, right?

I'm not calling you a liar. But I am calling out some grade-A bullshit. And maybe even ever-so-humbly suggesting that you're skating on verrrrry thin ice here at this point.

How might I put this delicately? With all due respect, love, and understanding - pretty please, with a cherry on top - get your shit together, or gtfo

And I'm saying this as someone who really would like to be able to one day, once again, buy some of the stuff you're selling without feeling like an idiotic edgelord for doing so.

edited August 2019

@cociu

You have repeatedly broken a holy rule of business: customer pays, you deliver.

• You can't deliver VPS with >= 2TB? Then tell us and stop selling any VPS with >= 2TB.

• The DDOS attack isn't the problem. IF you gave your customers a basis for trust the current downtime/problems would be forgiven by most and you would even be lauded for providing Voxility protected VPS and dedis without extra cost.

But you yourself have destroyed a ton of trust in you because you always stayed in your routine of empty promises ("tomorrow will work"). And now the DDOS attack isn't perceived as you being a victim but as just yet another cociu failure.

• I know customers of you who are waiting - and more than once - for days and even weeks for a response by your support. What you need to understand is that that ruins your business. Communication is vital, critical, and in your favour when done properly.

• Just as I said earlier: you are selling non (not yet) existing products, e.g. based on some sales blah from some module provider. What you need to understand is that your customers don't care sh_t about Mohammend. YOU made a deal with them and YOU took their money - so YOU MUST DELIVER. Period. If you can't do that at least inform all customers immediately.
      Of course you can't know everything. I believe you that you didn't know that that module can't do 2+ TB virtual drives. But that's not the question. This is not a court room and at the end of the day nobody is interested whether you are guilty or not. All that customers are interested in is to get what they payed for.

• The ticket you linked to contains a part where you complain about waiting so long for a response and maybe not getting one at all. That is exactly what you do to your customers. Every bloody day. Oh and there is a critical difference. you can't simply switch because, as you describe yourself, those modules are not plenty. But your customers can switch. Easily. Providers are plenty. So, get your support in shape or things will get worse.

TL;DR Sell only what you have and what you know to work, based on testing. And improve your support reaction time. Not "tomorrow" but right now!

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep

@jsg said:

TL;DR Sell only what you have and what you know to work, based on testing. And improve your support reaction time. Not "tomorrow" but right now!

If that becomes a requirement on LET there won't be many offers left ;)

• FR_Michael said: If that becomes a requirement on LET there won't be many offers left

On the other hand, it's that much more difficult to change the tires on the bus once it's in motion ... full of screaming passengers ... and on fire.

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2019

@uptime said:

FR_Michael said: If that becomes a requirement on LET there won't be many offers left

On the other hand, it's that much more difficult to change the tires on the bus once it's in motion ... full of screaming passengers ... and on fire.

This does not count for vps services. We moved from solusvm to our fcom without our customers even noticing it. You don't change the tires, it is more of changing ... the manual? hard to compare as the vps itself (kvm/qemu, ovz) is not changed just the module managing it.
    If you rely on other people promises and work and don't do proper tests you deserve to fail in my opinion.

Thanked by 3uptime ITLabs cybertech
  • Lol what I see here... The LED providers are ready to tear cociu apart. You see a competitor in him and are ready to humiliate him when it is difficult time for him. This is inhumane. Go think about your own business, this is the thread for cociu's clients complains.

Thanked by 2cociu pike
  • @RedSox I don’t think it’s other providers ready to tear into another provider but more of the continual broken promises to fix and deliver the service, improve communications with clients, stop closing tickets without answering them or sorting the issue at hand, etc, etc. If you read the thread in full you will see providers offering help and advice.

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • ifykoifyko Member
    edited August 2019

@LeonDynamic said:
    @RedSox I don’t think it’s other providers ready to tear into another provider but more of the continual broken promises to fix and deliver the service, improve communications with clients, stop closing tickets without answering them or sorting the issue at hand, etc, etc. If you read the thread in full you will see providers offering help and advice.

cociu is allergic to help and advice. I only hope he heeds this time.

Thanked by 1cybertech

@RedSox said:
    Lol what I see here... The LED providers are ready to tear cociu apart. You see a competitor in him and are ready to humiliate him when it is difficult time for him. This is inhumane. Go think about your own business, this is the thread for cociu's clients complains.

I am not a provider (and quite fair anyway I hope) and @FR_Michael was joking about many providers and not specifically about @cociu.

In other words: your statement is weird and based on thin air.

In fact, the providers here are quite fair and some even tried to help cociu.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited August 2019

uptime said: How might I put this delicately? With all due respect, love, and understanding - pretty please, with a cherry on top - get your shit together, or gtfo

"Get your shit together, get it all together, put it in a backpack, all your shit, so it's together...and if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it or put it in a shit museum, I don't care what you do, you just gotta get it together... GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!"

uptime said: And I'm saying this as someone who really would like to be able to one day, once again, buy some of the stuff you're selling without feeling like an idiotic edgelord for doing so.

Indeed.

Cheers!

Thanked by 3ITLabs cybertech uptime
  • M66BM66B Veteran

Can you all please stop blaming @cociu because he is doing a really great job to prevent DMCA requests.

Thanked by 2RedSox kkrajk
  • that's not a host for me, just kindergarten

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

if it isn’t the modules, it’s the network.

If it isn’t the network, it’s the fsck.

If it isn’t the fsck, it’s a rush of orders.

If it isn’t the $X, it’s the $Y.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

I think HS is asymptotically approaching stability.

• M66BM66B Veteran
    edited August 2019

Please allow me to fix this:

@raindog308 said:
    I think HS is asymptotically approaching stability instability.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @raindog308 said:

In which quadrant?

• M66BM66B Veteran

@ITLabs said:

@raindog308 said:

In which quadrant?

@uptime be sure you follow the light green line!

Thanked by 2uptime ITLabs
This discussion has been closed.