Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[hostsolutions.ro] down, client portal is up and down also? not sure what? ddos - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[hostsolutions.ro] down, client portal is up and down also? not sure what? ddos

Comments

• cociu said: with the modules many problems , try to create a +2tb hdd vps and you will find all problems what we face.

Never had an issue with proper GPT usage

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • dajibadajiba Member
    edited August 2019

after reinstall system, there is no password ,no ticket reply ,and can't change the password.

• M66BM66B Veteran

@dajiba said:
    after reinstall system, there is no password ,no ticket reply ,and can't change the password.

Excellent! You get what has been promised to you: no DMCA notices. So, you can sleep like a baby tonight. Good night.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @jsg said:

@TimboJones said:
    Please stop defending him...

"defending him"?? Are you serious?** I suggest that you learn the difference between "defending someone" and "not mindlessly bashing someone".**

95% uptime is 36 hours of downtime a month.

I didn't even calculate the hours. 95% availablity (and even 97%) is utterly inacceptable. Even when buying a cheap VPS I do not even consider anything lower than 99.5% availability.

But still there is a very significant difference between 95% and 70% (someone here talked about HS having 70%). It just doesn't help anyone to emotionally bash @cociu, just as blindly defending him doesn't help anyone.

I try to be guided by facts, by fairness, and by the question how to improve things. That is why I wrote 95% to 97%. It simply seems to be the real availability.

Your insinuation that I defend HS is ridiculous. My personal attitude would be to simply get off HS if I had a VPS there.

... you're guessing some nonsensical uptime with no evidence.

The one guessing here is you, and wildly at that. I have both the LET "seismograph" and my colleagues reports - and both match.

Yes, when you deny/ignore days and weeks of downtime and delays by numerous people documented on LET and claim 97% uptime, YOU ARE DEFENDING HIM. I don't know how you can disregard that. Two of your buddy's servers uptime were provided to you? Please post them and the LET "seismograph". Curious what external service was used since the HS control panel is down frequently or wouldn't show network issues. Since you didn't know 95% was 36 hours, you must be going by some number shown. So will be looking for the 95-97% number in those graphs you will be posting.

You should have just said higher than 70%, now you need to show the evidence of 95-97%.

Then you go on to say how he can get better and maintain prices. That is helping him retain customers holding out hope for improved service. That's in denial of economics, available talent and willingness of owner to change.

Before you can say people are mindlessly bashing him, he actually has to get better, otherwise it's justifiable bashing.

Forest and trees and such.

• @Xiaoming said:
    I have one VPS bought and set up nodequery in Nov. 2017, the availability over almost 2 years is 94.15%.

What was it in July and August?

• @alexvolk said:

TimboJones said: you're guessing some nonsensical uptime with no evidence.

This is not the first time that you're speaking too loud. Please, just stop!

jsg said: The one guessing here is you, and wildly at that. I have both the LET "seismograph" and my colleagues reports - and both match.

Here is uptime monitor https://hetrixtools.com/report/uptime/48b96cc5e29731ad2662813c8988f38d/

That shows downtime every single day and uptime of 85% for the last week. Thanks

• @DarioX said:
    Soo, just checked.
    Hosted since Fr., 28. Apr. 2017, 12:58 and uptime is at 96.62% availability.
    Paying pennies (literally) and expecting 99% uptime, alright, the LET clowns are back in town!

The best deal I've got in the LE segment, by far. Thank you cociu and keep up the good work.
    Haters gonna hate

What is it for July/August 2019? What's the financial saying, "past performance isn't an indicator of current performance" or something along those lines.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@cociu

I'm a bit bewildered. So, one of your/HS worst problems, the extremely poor support, is caused by a broken module? Seriously? Why then did you keep this broken module for so long?
    What module are other providers using, providers with at least as many customers as HS?

And then another piece of software (presumably proxmox) didn't allow you to create more than 2TB of storage space for a VPN? Well, there is a simple solution: Don't sell VPS with more than 2 TB storage space.

But in fact those two examples demonstrate well what I said: You were not properly prepared, you were just too focussed on selling, selling, selling. Plus you fell into your own trap, you blindly believed the sales blabla of some module and/or software sellers - just like many your customers blindly believed in your sales blabla.

Here is the solution: proper preparation and TESTING. Before you start a big promotion you TEST your product - the full cycle! From the hardware to the ordering and management software.

But I commend you for bearing the extra cost (Voxility) yourself. Kudos!
    That also seems to confirm what I wrote about you: you are not an evil guy but a nice one, you seriously have good intentions. Unfortunately though those good intention create a lot of problems because you fail in other parts. Lern to properly test and to be sure to have enough resources available before you run a promotion. Again, TEST your products before selling.

@TimboJones said:

Yes, when you deny/ignore days and weeks of downtime and delays by numerous people documented on LET and claim 97% uptime, YOU ARE DEFENDING HIM. I don't know how you can disregard that.

I didn't "claim" 97% uptime but I offered an educated guess

You should have just said higher than 70%, now you need to show the evidence of 95-97%.

• There is evidence that my educated was in the right ballpark. My colleague confirms it, some HS customers confirm it here, and some monitors confirm it.

• Is that so? Well then, where is you evidence for 70%

Then you go on to say how he can get better and maintain prices. That is helping him retain customers holding out hope for improved service. That's in denial of economics, available talent and willingness of owner to change.

For a start I didn't talk about "maintaining prices" but about (being able to) "still be cheap".
    It seems to me that that paragraph clearly show your intention: you want to condemn @cociu and to paint HS as terrible.
    But I was driven by a quite different intention: I'm not interested in seeing cociu punished or bankrupt, I'm interested in seeing HS becoming better and more professional and reliable and with much better support. Well noted I don't think HS can - or wants to - become a high class provider. But it can and should become a better cheap provider.

Before you can say people are mindlessly bashing him, he actually has to get better, otherwise it's justifiable bashing.

Not in my world. In my world blindly bashing is rarely acceptable. Constructive criticism (incl. small amounts of acid) however is acceptable and actually often useful and promising.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

cociu said: i will not make more offers here

cociu said: If someone is not beleve this please research in LET and you will see we had complains only in the vps plans due of this module.

Come on now...HS complaint storms are seasonal like rain.

cociu said: Thanks all. Be nice , be better.

• pikepike Veteran

@raindog308 said:
    Come on now...HS complaint storms are seasonal like rain.

Just, now it's not the HS customers complaining but other hosts and people that obviously have too much time.

• pike said: Just, now it's not the HS customers complaining but other hosts and people that obviously have too much time.

I do not think they are complaining too much, some are trying to help him. Others are wondering why, when we have had hosts like this before, he is still allowed here. Most would have been banned from here for this kind of thing. Banned from posting offers, at the minimum, until he has his stuff sorted.

I personally do not care if he is here, I have tried his services and they are not for me at all. I watch his threads and see the same thing over and over again, but so what? People keep buying or he would not post offers.

Yes I know he has another business, and I do not care about that either. Fact is if it is not supporting itself, then it is a bad investment. Perhaps he is using it for a tax shelter, I have no idea and that is his problem.

I am sure he is a nice guy and all that, but does it excuse the fact his product is inferior? Not for me it doesn't, but for others it seems too.

Oh well what do I know I am just a Yeti in a cave, surrounded by other Yeti.

• @M66B said:
    Excellent! You get what has been promised to you: no DMCA notices. So, you can sleep like a baby tonight. Good night.

what is DMCA ?

• @dajiba said:

@M66B said:

what is DMCA ?

Digital Millennium Copyright Act

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Millennium_Copyright_Act

Usually if you torrent on a VPS, US companies will note down your IP and send copyright infringement notice to your host who will forward the notice to you and might even suspend your server, etc.

It might be known as other law/name in other countries but DMCA is USA law but some hosts comply with them even when they not based in US.

In LET, DMCA is almost synonymous for any copyright take down notice.

Also, Cociu doesn’t care about DMCA notices so you never get those notices.

Here is example of DMCA When my friend was torrenting in Kimsufi (France) - https://pastebin.com/raw/NmXEkyaQ

Thanked by 3dajiba uptime MikePT
  • @ps20090 ,Thank you ,just kidding @cociu I still have some problems with my VPS. I have been waiting for a long time. Could you please pay more attention to your client?

• @dajiba said:
    Could you please pay more attention to your client?

Yeah, but which one first?

Thanked by 2ITLabs cybertech
  • Amitz said: Yeah, but which one first?

As always, ladies first, man :smiley:

• ehabehab Member
    edited August 2019

@dajiba if you are horny then do something else.

btw, you look horny. very.

• verrry, verrry horny.

• ehabehab Member

big problem man. What u do now?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

After the VPS is created, no module should cause downtime. I've tried all deployment modules so far and it simply doesn't happen, unless something is very wrong. Code is limited, it can create, suspend, reboot, etc, but it will definitely not cause all this downtime.

In terms of partition sizes, it can be sorted really easy.

@cociu,

You need to get this fixed for once, blaming the provisioning module isn't right, as knowledgeable providers know it's not the cause.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Amitz said:
    verrry, verrry horny.

3 romanian girls and one cup, was released this week, no wonder.

Thanked by 2Amitz ITLabs
  • ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited August 2019

@MikePT said:
    I've tried all deployment modules so far and it simply doesn't happen, unless something is very wrong.

Have you tried all 9999 modules? :astonished:

Thanked by 2MikePT angelius
  • ehabehab Member

@MikePT said:

i only read one sentence the above almost it read as penis size.

are you also horny Mike?

--- sorry guys, looks i am the one.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • ehabehab Member

time for bed. 9'th all.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @Neoon said:

@Amitz said:
    verrry, verrry horny.

Was it one netcup?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2019

@Amitz said:

@Neoon said:

@Amitz said:
    verrry, verrry horny.

Was it one netcup?

Yes, mistake ups.

• @ehab said:
    @dajiba if you are horny then do something else.

btw, you look horny. very.

you overpraise me. u are my senior in this respect.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@ITLabs said:

@MikePT said:
    I've tried all deployment modules so far and it simply doesn't happen, unless something is very wrong.

Have you tried all 9999 modules? :astonished:

There are about, maybe a dozen. None would cause this, a VM going down? That'd be the host node, no? Not exactly the module causing packetloss / shutting down vms etc.

@ehab said:

@MikePT said:

i only read one sentence the above almost it read as penis size.

are you also horny Mike?

--- sorry guys, looks i am the one.

I'm ALWAYS horny! :D

Thanked by 1ITLabs

@MikePT said:
    blaming the provisioning module isn't right, as knowledgeable providers know it's not the cause.

Knowledgeable providers (btw, greetings to that friend of yours) also know that some providers know someone who's "a really talented programmer" and have him "make the software better" and/or add some cool functionality.

And maybe @cociu like quite some other providers isn't the tech guy (but the sales guy). Maybe he just forwarded to us what his tech guy(s) told him. You know, the tech guys who are always busy with turning the latest promo into more or less running systems and who never get the time to do anything properly and to do some testing.

This discussion has been closed.