Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[hostsolutions.ro] down, client portal is up and down also? not sure what? ddos - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[hostsolutions.ro] down, client portal is up and down also? not sure what? ddos

Comments

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Where are the fartmothers?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

No, his uptime is not "about 70%", I guess it's in the 95% - 97% range. I also doubt that throwing memes (or even hate) at HS/@cociu is any help.

IMO the uptime isn't even the problem; with his prices one can't expect 99.9% and I guess that most of his clients know that they bought VPS/dedi from a cheap hoster and don't mind a low 97% availability.

From what I see (a colleague and aquaintance of mine has stuff with HS since years and my view is - well, I think, informed by him) there are 2 major problems:

• Extremely poor communications. Ridiculously long support reaction time. Often virtually no information at all during crisis (like now). Plus much of what cociu says can't be trusted, not because he is a bad guy (actually he seems to be a nice guy) but because what he says is basically the talk of a (partly broken) sales drone.
    • He is extremely sales focussed and doesn't care about tech. Other than preparing and running sales he only cares about getting good deals for [boxes, bandwidth, IPs, ...] to have material for more sales.

IF cociu ever stayed away from HS for one to three months and hired some real professionals to bring HS operations up to a reasonable level, HS could actually be turned into a quite nice (and still cheap) hoster.

I don't expect to find a cociu statement here before HS is up and running again. And frankly, why would he make another statement here seeing the mood here? Don't forget that he's a "sales, sales, sales!" person and those personalities often aren't eager to be criticized or getting sh_t poured over them no matter how well they deserve it.

You'll know when cociu thinks that HS is running again 'well enough'. He'll run a big "DDOS protected!" promotion ...

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

@jsg said: F cociu ever stayed away from HS for one to three months and hired some real professionals to bring HS operations up to a reasonable level, HS could actually be turned into a quite nice (and still cheap) hoster.

If he hire sysadmin and 2 staff members to cover core hours, he will most likely be not cheap any more.

Main problem for every new host is not customer acquisition. For example LET provides always fresh customer base. Real problem is how to keep your customers and if your plan is to sell them yearly products you will fail sooner or later.

1) Decide what you want to do
    2a) Secure funding for whole year
    2b) Staff according to your plan
    3) Find decent hosting partners or host your self
    4) SELL SELL SELL

From this it is easy to see that you can lower your prices later, you need to start with reasonable pricing to secure your brand value, your business continuity and your expansion plans. YOU WILL NOT MAKE ANY MONEY IF YOU ARE NOT INVESTING !!!

And then, after 2-3 years, then you can offer cheap service with some additional value to counter summer/winter/idk_what hosts

And maybe then, you will make some money...

@drserver said:
    If he hire sysadmin and 2 staff members to cover core hours, he will most likely be not cheap any more.

Yes and no.

• labour in Romania is considerably cheaper than in western Europe
    • having ones own DC also helps to keep costs low
    • electricity cost can make a major difference. AFAIK HS' is very low

These and some other factors would certainly enable HS to stay cheap(er than most european providers).

Besides the question isn't about how to start a hosting business. HS is an already established business.

• @ps20090 said:
    @cociu Schools recently opened in US (after summer vacation), you doing any Back To School clearance sale?

You have Stockholm Syndrome.

• @jsg said:
    No, his uptime is not "about 70%", I guess it's in the 95% - 97% range. I also doubt that throwing memes (or even hate) at HS/@cociu is any help.

IMO the uptime isn't even the problem; with his prices one can't expect 99.9% and I guess that most of his clients know that they bought VPS/dedi from a cheap hoster and don't mind a low 97% availability.

From what I see (a colleague and aquaintance of mine has stuff with HS since years and my view is - well, I think, informed by him) there are 2 major problems:

• Extremely poor communications. Ridiculously long support reaction time. Often virtually no information at all during crisis (like now). Plus much of what cociu says can't be trusted, not because he is a bad guy (actually he seems to be a nice guy) but because what he says is basically the talk of a (partly broken) sales drone.
    • He is extremely sales focussed and doesn't care about tech. Other than preparing and running sales he only cares about getting good deals for [boxes, bandwidth, IPs, ...] to have material for more sales.

IF cociu ever stayed away from HS for one to three months and hired some real professionals to bring HS operations up to a reasonable level, HS could actually be turned into a quite nice (and still cheap) hoster.

I don't expect to find a cociu statement here before HS is up and running again. And frankly, why would he make another statement here seeing the mood here? Don't forget that he's a "sales, sales, sales!" person and those personalities often aren't eager to be criticized or getting sh_t poured over them no matter how well they deserve it.

You'll know when cociu thinks that HS is running again 'well enough'. He'll run a big "DDOS protected!" promotion ...

Please stop defending him, it only hurts your credibility. Not that you'll care, but you've lost it with me already.

95% uptime is 36 hours of downtime a month. There's plenty of people here complaining of more than two days of downtime, with many in weeks. You don't even have a server and you're guessing some nonsensical uptime with no evidence. I have no idea why you'd make such a statement. Your one colleague with services told you or something?

Just stop.

Thanked by 1angelius
  • @zenial said:
    Hey! Issues with HS have already pissed off. Any other solutions with stable(!!) hosting with DMCA ignored? Any suggestion is appreciated

Get a proper VPN subscription and use their proxy on whatever server is closest to you that you like. This idea of using a DMCA server across the world makes little sense to me. I'd rather pay more and wait less.

@TimboJones said:
    Please stop defending him...

"defending him"?? Are you serious? I suggest that you learn the difference between "defending someone" and "not mindlessly bashing someone".

95% uptime is 36 hours of downtime a month.

I didn't even calculate the hours. 95% availablity (and even 97%) is utterly inacceptable. Even when buying a cheap VPS I do not even consider anything lower than 99.5% availability.

But still there is a very significant difference between 95% and 70% (someone here talked about HS having 70%). It just doesn't help anyone to emotionally bash @cociu, just as blindly defending him doesn't help anyone.

I try to be guided by facts, by fairness, and by the question how to improve things. That is why I wrote 95% to 97%. It simply seems to be the real availability.

Your insinuation that I defend HS is ridiculous. My personal attitude would be to simply get off HS if I had a VPS there.

... you're guessing some nonsensical uptime with no evidence.

The one guessing here is you, and wildly at that. I have both the LET "seismograph" and my colleagues reports - and both match.

Thanked by 3Ole_Juul uptime pike
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

jsg said: He is extremely sales focussed and doesn't care about tech. Other than preparing and running sales he only cares about getting good deals for [boxes, bandwidth, IPs, ...] to have material for more sales.

So he does his VPS sales like he likely does his primary business, which is in beauty products last I heard.

In those you don't have to really maintain anything after the sale is done. There's no post maintenance, etc. The product sells itself, he's just a middle man and takes his cut.

I think he'll hit a road block/wall soon, if he hasn't already, where he can't just keep pushing out cheaper/thiccer deals and hope to win the idle wars. At some point even the most devout Idler will hold onto their money if they are going to suffer a multi week outage or provisioning wait time.

He keeps claiming he has 1000+ signup sales every time, and maybe the first once or twice he may have if he got picked up by the Chinese blogs, but the amount of IP blocks under his control/ASN/etc are saying that just isn't happening.

He's announced a full Voxility roll out no less than 3+ times this year.

Good luck to him dealing with whatever his demons are, but if he goes and makes another sales post the forums staff needs to have a serious sit down about letting it go through.

Francisco

• TimboJones said: some nonsensical uptime with no evidence

hey! I resemble that remark ...

anyway, some real talk here:

1) delusions of being in any position to "help" @cociu seem misguided at best - I would tend to imagine that ultimately he's the master of his own domain. Ride the tiger, chase the dragon, spank the monkey, whatever - but mess with the bull, and you get the horns!
    2) same might be said for people overly invested in hostsolutions service for anything other than entertainment purposes only. So you bought the ticket, may as well take the ride ... Cheap tuition in the school of hard knocks, really.
    3) and then there is also the delicate matter of "helping" this forum maintain the highest standards of serious discussion and best practices for ethical and sustainable hosting business ventures on the worldwide internet. :smiley:

I come to this thread neither to praise @cociu, nor to bury him. I just want to say thanks for lulz, thanks for the drama, thanks for the deals, and ultimately thanks for the lessons learned. And LET's just see what happens next.

Thanked by 3ITLabs willK vimalware
  • I have one VPS bought and set up nodequery in Nov. 2017, the availability over almost 2 years is 94.15%.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Something gone wrong with @cociu. I will see if I can get in touch with him. He would never allow this to happen.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@MikePT said:
    Something gone wrong with @cociu. I will see if I can get in touch with him. He would never allow this to happen.

He probably just feels overwhelmed by it all. Not an easy feeling.

Thanked by 2pike MikePT
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2019

Francisco said: So he does his VPS sales like he likely does his primary business, which is in beauty products last I heard.

you are correct, he still does but the website is down, if you check the hostsolutions.ro website footer you will see the following:
    Parfumuri-Femei.com S.R.L. - All rights reserved!

just used google translate:
    Perfumery-Ladies.com S.R.L. - All rights reserved!

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • Good news. I have got a notification about server UP after 37 hours, 30 minutes down. Interesting for how long it will continue this time.. (sarcasm) :D

• when this is over, the new DMCA ignored VPS plans with DDOS are gonna smell so good.

• cociucociu Member
    edited August 2019

Thanks to all who is blame here first. Second , yes we have problems , big problems .. way ? is easy first of all all tiketing problems is due of some autoprovisioning module what we have used until now , i will not name it now because no see the point. Just want to mentionated this module was perfect until a point of quantity of members , after this all our whmcs due of delay in module response was broken , in the last month i have try 9999 modules , some of them verry good but is not fit for our network , etc etc.

with this problem we have lost quality , sum tikets , delay in tikets, etc and i know this.

If someone is not beleve this please research in LET and you will see we had complains only in the vps plans due of this module. In dedicated servers no complain except a minimal downtime when we had reboot or when we have change the location last year.

Now , in the last week except the tipical problems with the vps line we face with a huge ddos atack wich was caused eaven more delays because all our team was focused in resolve the network problems first to avoid more tikets and avoid downtime.

We had voxility protection only in a asnumber what we are never published here in LET due of some TOP clients and i prefere to reamin separately because LET atract problems somethimes. So start from Friday we have implement the protection in all our Network but for who know a little Network is know this cannot be made in 1 hour. At least we had to contract a new layer2 transport from oradea to nxdata1 in Bucharest. This take time , negociate the contract , make the job fiscally set the rooter , etc etc.

PS to mention this : some providers here is charge separately for DDOs protection , i assume all the extra cost for this because i keep my words in keep the same price so who acuse about i am for the money can comment now.

About my offers ? no problem , i will not make more offers here , i always told i dont make much money from let , the top clients is not from here and never will came from LET (at least is my personal opinion) . If the people who is accuse" i am looking only for the money" is not know me verry well so i will abtain me to comment this , but is easy , i have the right like the others providers to post every 14 days so take a look to my offers if is regular here , have provider who post every 14 dyas , i usualy post one tie a month except some hollydays or BF.

I am not here to justif me , i have give my 2 cents and i will continue to o my best in manage this business. And for who dont know i dont keep hs to make money , i keep it because is couver some costs from my other business and some of LET people was visit us and can certain this.

Thanks all. Be nice , be better.

• TimboJones said: you're guessing some nonsensical uptime with no evidence.

This is not the first time that you're speaking too loud. Please, just stop!

jsg said: The one guessing here is you, and wildly at that. I have both the LET "seismograph" and my colleagues reports - and both match.

Here is uptime monitor https://hetrixtools.com/report/uptime/48b96cc5e29731ad2662813c8988f38d/

Thanked by 1RIYAD
  • Soo, just checked.
    Hosted since Fr., 28. Apr. 2017, 12:58 and uptime is at 96.62% availability.
    Paying pennies (literally) and expecting 99% uptime, alright, the LET clowns are back in town!

The best deal I've got in the LE segment, by far. Thank you cociu and keep up the good work.
    Haters gonna hate

• Oh boy, cociu, your VPS products have terrible uptimes.
    • True. However, I want to point our dedicated servers have pretty good uptimes. It's just some of you low-end clients can't afford it.

• Oh boy, cociu, you should really fix you problems before you make any dirty cheap offers.

• Sure. I don't even make much money from those low-end products, plus my TOP clients are never from you low-end trouble makers.

• Oh boy, cociu, how could you say such unprofessional things in a public forum. It seems you don't even bother to pretend you care about your clients?

• I never said those things. However, in case you don't know, Hostsolutions is merely a byproduct of my others busssiness and you guys mean nothing but headache to me.

• Oh boy, cociu, you should really hire a PR before hiring a technician.

• No need to. I have already tried all 9999 modules by myself. None of them worked.

My conclusion:
    cociu is an honest, hardworking bussiness owner, who has a weird sense of humor (sisters).

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Dull. How many of these threads do we need.

Thanked by 2pike kkrajk
  • solairesolaire Member
    edited August 2019

Didn't even notice the downtime, honestly. There was a lot of notifications of the service going off/online so I simply disabled the monitor.

Guess I should take my multi-billion hosting business to HS, where people pay hundreds of bucks per month and I pay less than a buck towards the operation. That way, I get to rage at companies, that I pay less than a buck per month, because my customers take it out on me and I just have to take it out on someone too.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2019

@cociu said:
    is easy first of all all tiketing problems is due of some autoprovisioning module what we have used until now , i will not name it now because no see the point. Just want to mentionated this module was perfect until a point of quantity of members , after this all our whmcs due of delay in module response was broken , in the last month i have try 9999 modules , some of >>them verry good but is not fit for our network , etc etc.

>

Using Proxmox right? What wrong with the modules?

• cociucociu Member
    edited August 2019

key900 said: Using Proxmox right? What wrong with the modules?

with the modules many problems , try to create a +2tb hdd vps and you will find all problems what we face.

Duplicated ips in te network , forgott to terminate services , etc etc. I repeat this happen when we have grow in customers in the fase initiall i have been verry content. Also i have a client with this developer (you know who) and never get answered.

edited August 2019

@cociu said: with the modules many problems , try to create a +2tb hdd vps and you will find all problems what we face.

Duplicated ips in te network , forgott to terminate services , etc etc. I repeat this happen when we have grow in customers in the fase initiall i have been verry content. Also i have a client with this developer (you know who) and never get answered.

Why you don't move to something more manageable ? Virtualizor for example

• Tr33nTr33n Member
    edited August 2019

cociu said: with the modules many problems , try to create a +2tb hdd vps and you will find all problems what we face.

That sounds like a partition mistake in the OS template or wrong disk layout in the PXE installer (if you install the OS over PXE). I am not sure if this issue is actually related to the proxmox module. You'll need GPT.

cociu said: Also i have a client with this developer (you know who) and never get answered

I know you said you do not call a name, but is it the module of modulesgarden?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Tr33n said: I know you said you do not call a name, but is it the module of modulesgarden?

i am not name it

• Francisco said: At some point even the most devout Idler will hold onto their money if they are going to suffer a multi week outage or provisioning wait time.

I'm afraid to disappoint you, but most of these "most devout idlers" know what they are buying, why they are buying, and from whom they are buying. ;)

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@cociu said:

key900 said: Using Proxmox right? What wrong with the modules?

with the modules many problems , try to create a +2tb hdd vps and you will find all problems what we face.

Nah, it’s Templates issue the modules has nothing to do with it.

@cociu said: try to create a +2tb hdd vps and you will find all problems what we face

This is not a problem @cociu, did you tried to use gdisk instead of fdisk ?

This discussion has been closed.