Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for box billing tutorial or alternative CP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looking for box billing tutorial or alternative CP

yo all, lately Cpanel and whmcs is kind of flipping my whole hosting owning experience with there new pricing structures.
So I am looking into box billing but can't find any recently dated tutorials or server requirements.
Plz suggest me some budget friendly hosting CP, owned license preferred with good documentations

I am a local based provider and running a very small scale operation with reseller and few vps. I am a designer by profession and run this hosting business for family, friends and few customers. so i need something stable as well as pocket-friendly.

TY <3

Comments

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited August 2019

Although you've mentioned Box Billing, I also suggest evaluating Blesta. You can get a free license with every BuyVM slice @Francisco

Edit: About Box Billing, you can find docs here: http://docs.boxbilling.com/en/latest/index.html

• Box Billing, yeah it's free software, but at what cost?

Blesta does owned at $250, and some places such as BuyShared/VM offer a monthly internal license for free.

ClientExec is $499 owned.

Definitely do some trial testing before you decide on your software =]

• Ispconfig + billing plugin .. 1 time charge of 50Euro ... tightly integrated with Ispconfig..

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • well, I have a lifetime box billing license with updates.
    I have seen Blesta as well as buyVM offer, but I am concerned about future updates because I run a very private and small operation, I prefer long term investment.
    and right now I cant invest $250, maybe if there was something in $100 range I would have purchased it, but for $250 investment I need to wait few more months as I don't make a profit out of this.

Thank you all

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited August 2019

@fahim5001 said:
    So I am looking into box billing but can't find any recently dated tutorials or server requirements.
    Plz suggest me some budget friendly hosting CP, owned license preferred with good documentations

@fahim5001 said:
    well, I have a lifetime box billing license with updates.

Sorry, I don't know if I get that right... You have a box billing license but you can't use it due to lack of tutorials and updates, right? Their forum seems long dead, but have you tried to contact their staff (if there is anyone alive...)

Edit: It seems the last update was 9 days ago... https://github.com/boxbilling/boxbilling

• kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited August 2019

ITLabs said: last update was 9 days ago

EDIT - redacted... misread 9 days ago as 9 years ago

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@fahim5001 said:
    I have seen Blesta as well as buyVM offer, but I am concerned about future updates because I run a very private and small operation, I prefer long term investment.
    and right now I cant invest $250, maybe if there was something in $100 range I would have purchased it, but for $250 investment I need to wait few more months as I don't make a profit out of this.

Thank you all

We are in a long term deal with Blesta so things are good in that :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1DarkCarnage
  • @fahim5001 said:

Thank you all

Welp, if you can't afford $8 / year for blesta, I don't know what to suggest. That being said I have been running boxbilling for 2 years now. It's full of bugs and problems, that require manual intervention, and modifying the core. If you don't know what you are doing stay away from it. I myself in the processing of moving to blesta.

I choose bixbilling 2 years ago because I was on your position. I don't have money to spare for billing software. The difference is, 2 years ago, there is no $8 / year blesta from @Francisco

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

yokowasis said: 2 years ago, there is no $8 / year blesta from @Francisco

Francisco

Thanked by 2DarkCarnage Ympker
  • @ITLabs said:

Sorry, I don't know if I get that right... You have a box billing license but you can't use it due to lack of tutorials and updates, right? Their forum seems long dead, but have you tried to contact their staff (if there is anyone alive...)

I brought a reseller hosting with whmcs free with an annual payment of 120$ back in 2015, and with the latest updates and all, they removed whmcs from the deal. but i did claim a lifetime box billing license but the community for it is really small

• @yokowasis said:

Welp, if you can't afford $8 / year for blesta, I don't know what to suggest. That being said I have been running boxbilling for 2 years now. It's full of bugs and problems, that require manual intervention, and modifying the core. If you don't know what you are doing stay away from it. I myself in the processing of moving to blesta.

I choose bixbilling 2 years ago because I was on your position. I don't have money to spare for billing software. The difference is, 2 years ago, there is no $8 / year blesta from @Francisco

please do share $8 / year offer for blesta

• @fahim5001 said:

@yokowasis said:

please do share $8 / year offer for blesta

https://buyshared.net/shared-cpanel-hosting/
    Every shared hosting already include Blesta 😊