Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyCpanel New Pricing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyCpanel New Pricing

Regards their mail about new pricing, guess they gonna lose many customers who were trying to save few bucks a for their new pricing are same as buying directly from cpanel and get faster support -

The purpose of this email is to provide you with important and timely information on the new licensing structure and pricing model that was recently announced by cPanel®. If you have active cPanel® licenses purchased through us, please continue to read below as changes are required by you and or your customer(s).

We have been working closely with cPanel® leading up to the licensing announcement. Detailed below are some of the key changes that you need to be aware of:

Rebranding VPS and Dedicated License Types

cPanel® is evolving their packaging names to coincide with industry terms. VPS is now Cloud and Dedicated is now Metal. The package name changes go into effect immediately.

Per Account Licensing Model

As announced in late June, cPanel® is adjusting its licensing model to be on a per-account basis. The new model allows you to purchase blocks of accounts (100, 150, 200, etc.) or you can auto-scale to add as many accounts as you would like without limitation and be invoiced for usage at the end of the billing period. For clarity, the definition of an account is an account listed in cPanel® & WHM, not a domain name. This licensing structure change goes into effect in September 2019.

Fixed Account Licensing Model

If you prefer fixed price packages, where there is a hard account limit per licensing plan, we have created several fixed account packages:

cPanel® Plan Name

Platform

Account Limit

Total

cPanel® Admin Fixed

Cloud Only

Up to 5

$20

cPanel® Pro Fixed

Cloud Only

Up to 30

$30

Premier Fixed 100

Cloud & Metal

Up to 100

$45

Premier Fixed 125

Cloud & Metal

Up to 125

$50

Premier Fixed 150

Cloud & Metal

Up to 150

$55

Premier Fixed 175

Cloud & Metal

Up to 175

$60

Premier Fixed 200

Cloud & Metal

Up to 200

$65

Premier Fixed 225

Cloud & Metal

Up to 225

$70

Premier Fixed 250

Cloud & Metal

Up to 250

$75

• All fixed plans above 250 accounts will be scaled in increments of 50 Accounts adding $10/month in incremental licensing cost per block of 50 Accounts. Pricing in USD.

Fixed Account Licensing Upgrades

When a licensed server reaches the account limit of any fixed plan, an upgrade is required in order to add more accounts to that server. Upgrading between two fixed plans will require payment of the difference in price between the two fixed plans. For example, upgrading from cPanel® Admin Fixed ($20/month) to cPanel® Pro Fixed ($30/month) will cost $10 to upgrade. Please note we are unable to prorate upgrades that occur in the middle of your monthly billing cycle.

Flexible Account Licensing Model

If you would like to avoid the need to upgrade between larger fixed price packages, the cPanel® Premier Flex plan is for you:

cPanel® Plan Name

Platform

Account Limit

Base Price
(Up to 100 accounts)

Bulk Account Price

(Over 100 accounts)

Total

cPanel® Premier Flex

Cloud & Metal

100+

$45

+$0.20/account

$45 + Bulk Accounts

For example, if you have a Metal server that has 150 accounts, your monthly cPanel® licensing expense will be $45 + $10 (50 bulk accounts x $0.20 per account = $10) = $55/month. Pricing in USD.

Flexible Account Invoicing

If you choose to have the cPanel® Premier flexible account plan, your initial order will be invoiced for the prorated amount of the base price to the next closest 15th of the month. On each 15th of the month, you will be invoiced for the base price of $45 plus $0.20 per account for all accounts over 100 accounts. If you have 100 accounts or less you will only be invoiced for the base price of $45.

For example, if you signed up on the 1st of the month and have 150 accounts on your licensed server as of the 15th of that same month, you would be invoiced for $22.50 on the 1st (base price of $45 prorated to the 15th). Then on the 15th of that month, you will be invoiced for the base price of $45 plus $10 for your bulk accounts over 100 accounts (50 accounts x $0.20) for a total invoice amount due of $55. Going forward, you would simply continue to receive one invoice on the 15th of each month.

Due to the variable cost of the additional accounts billed on the 15th, we highly recommend customers keep a payment method on file (credit card or PayPal billing agreement) to avoid service disruption due to non-payment.

What Happens to My Existing cPanel®Licenses?

For customers with existing monthly licenses, we will transition those licenses to the new licensing model in early September 2019. We will select the new fixed license tier that fits your usage at the time of the conversion. For example, if you have a metal server with 380 accounts, it will be converted to a Premier Fixed 400 plan at $105/month.

If you would prefer your cPanel® license(s) to be billed on a flexible account plan, please contact our customer service team to request the cPanel® Premier plan which allows auto-scaling.

Comments

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Hopefully majority of companies will migrate to other control panels

• JSCLJSCL Member, Host Rep

Further demonstration of the shitty move by cPanel - killing off businesses so they can take home the revenue. But also demonstration that these businesses put too many eggs in one basket.

Licensepal had this issue (and other resellers) when WHMCS curtailed reselling of licences a few years back, luckily they already had diversity and could encourage customers to other portals...

• @WebProject said:

we already started using directadmin, but still must having cpanel, as for most shared hosting preffer the cpanel, and alot of reseller also decide to pay extra for reseller with cpanel instead of using DirectAdmin, so we must use cpanel, so we will move our Licensises directly to cpanel instead buycpanel, with those pricing we get the same from cpanel and faster support resolution.

@Advicerxyz said:

@WebProject said:

we already started using directadmin, but still must having cpanel, as for most shared hosting preffer the cpanel, and alot of reseller also decide to pay extra for reseller with cpanel instead of using DirectAdmin, so we must use cpanel, so we will move our Licensises directly to cpanel instead buycpanel, with those pricing we get the same from cpanel and faster support resolution.

We have migrated to Plesk, very easy to use, great speed and more control of settings via control panel.

• LeeLee Veteran

WebProject said: We have migrated to Plesk, very easy to use, great speed and more control of settings via control panel.

Really don't get why people are migrating to Plesk. It's just a matter of time before they change it as well.

Thanked by 3MichaelCee Unixfy jar
  • @WebProject said:

@Advicerxyz said:

@WebProject said:

We have migrated to Plesk, very easy to use, great speed and more control of settings via control panel.

And the same mother company of cPanel

• JSCL said: But also demonstration that these businesses put too many eggs in one basket.

very much this. applies not only to resellers like buycpanel but also to the whole bunch of small webhosting companies and their resellers that built their whole business models solely on the SaaS solutions of a single vendor.

interesting though, that buycpanel does not offer even a cent cheaper pricing. if they were to be at whatever partner level with cpanel one would expect them to come up with an offer that'd use that difference. and target especially businesses that are not big enough to get partner discounts themselves... smells more like a takeover coming in.

• LeviLevi Member

Falzo said: interesting though, that buycpanel does not offer even a cent cheaper pricing

They will flip flop along with cPanel. It's a finished game for them.

I'am wondering when I see the damage made by cPanel. My eyes are open wide for deadpools because of cPanel... Still, no see.

• @LTniger said:

Falzo said: interesting though, that buycpanel does not offer even a cent cheaper pricing

I'am wondering when I see the damage made by cPanel. My eyes are open wide for deadpools because of cPanel... Still, no see.

I still think the impact overall is just not as high as the few bottom-of-the-barrel businesses hope for or would want the world to think it is.

real big businesses will go ahead and negotiate their own contracts/bundles with cpanel after calculating their real costs and some averaging math, and then simply continue using it. maybe consider some alternatives for long term.

check the hivelocity example. they probably just checked the real average usage of their probably very mixed customer types and recalculated their pricing. that should be quite easy and in the end it's not that big of a rise for most of their customers.
    I am very confident they don't take any loss with that at all

only those provider which where on razor thin margins already and attracting a big portion of a very specific user group with that unlimited blabla are now gonna be bitten.
    but I heavily doubt that this is a high or even considerable percentage to the whole marketing model for cpanel itself.

either those reseller and their customers were not bringing in considerable money in the first place - so it doesn't really hurt to lose them.
    or a part of them will simply continue using cpanel, because they think they need it or whatever. maybe they switch providers/resellers and wiggle around, but that's nothing cpanel needs to care about, because in the end they continue to create revenue.

somewhere on WHT numbers of active licenses have been posted and how that decreased after a few weeks or so. the change wasn't really impressive, especially if you consider that this number won't be as representative anymore...

Thanked by 2uptime eva2000
  • They literally have a business named after CPanel and primarily focused on selling CPanel licenses and they couldn't get/offer a real break on pricing? I agree with others -- they might be circling the drain.

@LTniger said:

Give them a time and buycpanel will go down hill, as not all customers will check the first month increase of price and someone will be still happy to pay 400% - 800% more. As it wasn’t any official statement and newsletter about cPanel price increase by buycpanel.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

I think as said above highvilocity have looked at the amount of accounts per server and split the pricing down across their customers to limit the impact, also they will have partner pricing and more than likely they are selling the hardware anyway so here isn't much of an increase in costs in terms of billing and fees.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

“We have been working closely with cPanel® leading up to the licensing announcement.”

That’s a lie...someone posted the day of the announcement that they can contacted buycpanel and buycpanel knew nothing and would have to get back to them. If they were “working closely” then why are they only announcing their new pricing now?

Thanked by 2jaypeesmith MasonR
  • LeeLee Veteran

raindog308 said: If they were “working closely” then why are they only announcing their new pricing now?

They knew what was coming and it would effectively end them, so money grab while they can. It makes no sense to buy from a 3rd party when you can get the same pricing at cPanel themselves. Unless you need that tiered option.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Pretty sure they said (via tickets) that they'd keep their old pricing a month ago when CPanel just announced new pricing.

It was that moment that I knew what they were up to.

• Hivelocity's pricing is better, if you're using their servers. https://www.hivelocity.net/blog/cPanel-flat-fee/

1-500 Accounts - $32/month
    500-1000 Accounts - $65/month

• cmpecmpe Member

I forget... before the pricing change by cpanel, what price did buycpanel advertise on their site and what price did they offer off of their site? I feel like they advertised a "retail" price on their site but offered a lower price when advertising on forums.

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

@cmpe said:
    I forget... before the pricing change by cpanel, what price did buycpanel advertise on their site and what price did they offer off of their site? I feel like they advertised a "retail" price on their site but offered a lower price when advertising on forums.

$14.95/m advertised on their website for VPS license, $13.95/m with coupon.

• @SpartanHost said:

@cmpe said:

$14.95/m advertised on their website for VPS license, $13.95/m with coupon.

They even went as low as $13.00 with a coupon.

Thanked by 1SpartanHost
  • They kinda screwed themselves with the name too. Can't even start re-selling another panel.

• @hostnoob said:
    They kinda screwed themselves with the name too. Can't even start re-selling another panel.

buyotherpanel.com is available :wink:

• @ITLabs said:

@hostnoob said:
    They kinda screwed themselves with the name too. Can't even start re-selling another panel.

So is buynotcpanel.com

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • AmplificatorAmplificator Member
    edited August 2019

vestacpreseller.com is more like it

• What i hate is that this now makes people who have the VPS licence but have just the one account (several domains) pay more. The whole system is rubbish.

• @corbpie said:
    What i hate is that this now makes people who have the VPS licence but have just the one account (several domains) pay more. The whole system is rubbish.

Well, not just people who needs 1 account, but everybody needs to pay more now

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

buycPain.com 😁

Thanked by 2raindog308 ITLabs
  • Then: BuyCpanel.com
    Now: ByeCpanel.com
    :smiley:

• @JasonM said:
    Then: BuyCpanel.com
    Now: ByeCpanel.com

It's real too....

http://byecpanel.com/

• @Falzo said:
    I still think the impact overall is just not as high as the few bottom-of-the-barrel businesses hope for or would want the world to think it is.

Majority of the cPanel licenses that cPanel has, actually have less than 100 accounts on them - so in that sense, pretty much all dedicated server owners, won't really receive a major increase.

VPS customers will get a 300% increase if they have 100 customers.

Resellers are screwed, and companies that sell the license included in the server, is slightly screwed as well in certain cases - but the majority of the cPanel licenses won't have a super huge increase.

@Falzo said:
    real big businesses will go ahead and negotiate their own contracts/bundles with cpanel after calculating their real costs and some averaging math, and then simply continue using it. maybe consider some alternatives for long term.

So that's the thing, the changes to the contracts means everyone gets the same pricing, regardless of size, and there's no special contracts anymore. cPanel wanted to move away from it for a reason.

I can say that even with 350k USD being spent on cPanel per month, they won't do any "special" pricing other than the additional 26% on the base price ;)

@Falzo said:
    check the hivelocity example. they probably just checked the real average usage of their probably very mixed customer types and recalculated their pricing. that should be quite easy and in the end it's not that big of a rise for most of their customers.

Has nothing to do with an average usage of their very mixed customer types - if you have a dedicated server with 5 accounts on it, you'll still pay $32 as a partner (excluding the additional discounts that gets added depending on how much money you spend as a partner). Hivelocity might not take a massive hit for quite a few of their customers - but others they surely will and will result in less revenue since they're selling the licenses cheaper than they can get them at cPanel.

The absolute cheapest price you can get for 500 accounts as a cPanel partner is 57.34 USD.. that assumes you spend 5 million USD with cPanel per month.

• @ITLabs said:

@hostnoob said:

buyanythingohgodanythingbutcpanel.com is available too.

Thanked by 1ITLabs