Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SUMMER MADNESS - Free Direct Admin Licence | Multiple Locations | From less than £1/m (Equivalent)| - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SUMMER MADNESS - Free Direct Admin Licence | Multiple Locations | From less than £1/m (Equivalent)|

2»

Comments

• edited July 2019

@HostDoc said:

@YellowHummingbird said:
    Always great offers from you :) Do we just submit a ticket if we want to order a stack of two of the same plan?

Yes please. That would be the easiest way.
    A new invoice will then be generated and your plan will be manually built.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly :)

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • aponieaponie Member

If u see log properly, i believe u will found out the truth that im not do that. But u too lazy to investigate, and easly accuse me. Who dont get angry when u paid something, not only you cant access it, but been accuse doing something u dont do?

Im maybe wrong be angry, but what ur expection from frusted client? Burn they more when they angry? R u sure?

• aponieaponie Member

I dont want back my account, dont worry, i do not do this because i want my money, just take it. By policies, im wrong. So, let it be.

I know your service is cheap, so what can expected from cheap service. im so tired be poor. Aish, i'm sorry insulting you. Sometime, life is hard. Bye, have a nice day.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited July 2019

@aponie said:
    .. What u can do? ..

Instead of pubescent txt speak, you could try proper writing, if you can string a sentence together. :-/

• djndjn Member

He isnt accusing you of anytthing - The vm was compromised so you had a week rootpassword or your email is compromised if you accessed the vm or not someone else has

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • djndjn Member

Germany £10/y Benchmark

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1245 v6 @ 3.70GHz
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 3696.008 MHz
    Total size of Disk : 6.4 GB (0.9 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem : 483 MB (48 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 508 MB (4 MB Used)
    System uptime : 0 days, 0 hour 53 min
    Load average : 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
    Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)

Kernel : 4.19.0-5-amd64

I/O speed(1st run) : 558 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run) : 606 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run) : 630 MB/s

Average I/O speed : 598.0 MB/s

Node Name IPv4 address Download Speed
    CacheFly 205.234.175.175 56.9MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo, JP 106.187.96.148 5.78MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG 139.162.23.4 6.08MB/s
    Linode, London, UK 176.58.107.39 99.5MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE 139.162.130.8 111MB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA 50.116.14.9 9.86MB/s
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX 173.192.68.18 9.35MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA 67.228.112.250 3.65MB/s
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE 159.122.69.4 86.5MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG 119.81.28.170 4.57MB/s

Softlayer, HongKong, CN 119.81.130.170 5.15MB/s

• USA - Dallas
    Xeon Gold 6128

3vCores
    4GB RAM
    40GB NVMe SSD
    100GB HDD
    2TB Bandwidth @ 10gbps
    Free Direct Admin Licence

£5.57/m | £61/y
    Order Here

I have some questions:

1) Is this dedicated and DDR4 RAM?

2) 4 months ago, I bought a Dallas VPS from previous offer at https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/156502/intel-xeon-gold-6128-scalable-internal-network-nested-virt-64-v6-dallas-5-27-m/p1

If I buy a new one with this offer, will I get VPS with different C-class IP?

• @yakblack said:

USA - Dallas
    Xeon Gold 6128

3vCores
    4GB RAM
    40GB NVMe SSD
    100GB HDD
    2TB Bandwidth @ 10gbps

£5.57/m | £61/y
    Order Here

I have some questions:

2) 4 months ago, I bought a Dallas VPS from previous offer at https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/156502/intel-xeon-gold-6128-scalable-internal-network-nested-virt-64-v6-dallas-5-27-m/p1

Yes, the RAM is 100% dedicated and it is also DDR4.

The offer is on the same node and same IP range, so it will be the same as your current one.

• @dahartigan said:

@yakblack said:

USA - Dallas
    Xeon Gold 6128

3vCores
    4GB RAM
    40GB NVMe SSD
    100GB HDD
    2TB Bandwidth @ 10gbps

£5.57/m | £61/y
    Order Here

I have some questions:

Yes, the RAM is 100% dedicated and it is also DDR4.

The offer is on the same node and same IP range, so it will be the same as your current one.

Do you mean same C-class IP?

Then can I get a VPS with different D-class IP to my old one?

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2019

@yakblack said:
    Do you mean same C-class IP?

Unless he has a time machine, no.

Classful addressing hasn't existed since 1993.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • In this thread there is a mention of the following plan (or stack):

12 threads, 12gb ram, 120gb ssd, 2x IPv4 and 12x /64 of IPv6 on a Xeon E7-4870 in Kansas City with unmetered gigabit and nested virtualization enabled? For 8.99/month GBP

I can’t find it in here. Is this plan real?

• @yakblack said:

USA - Dallas
    Xeon Gold 6128

3vCores
    4GB RAM
    40GB NVMe SSD
    100GB HDD
    2TB Bandwidth @ 10gbps

£5.57/m | £61/y
    Order Here

I have some questions:

1) No. It is fair share. Only the RAM is dedicated. You can use our Phoenix VPS for dedicated instances. Yes, DDR4

2)We have different subnets available on the same node, you can be placed on a different one from your first instance if you'd like.

@sgheghele said:
    In this thread there is a mention of the following plan (or stack):

12 threads, 12gb ram, 120gb ssd, 2x IPv4 and 12x /64 of IPv6 on a Xeon E7-4870 in Kansas City with unmetered gigabit and nested virtualization enabled? For 8.99/month GBP

I can’t find it in here. Is this plan real?

It is a real plan :lol: You can also stack it.
    The plan in question is available on our facebook, twitter and marketing emails. Here is a link https://mailchi.mp/8fa32a502905/summer-special

Thanked by 1sgheghele
  • sgheghele said: I can’t find it in here. Is this plan real?

Yes, it's their Summer Special https://mailchi.mp/8fa32a502905/summer-special

Our Marketing Director is running some private projects on their Kansas Birthday Splash from last week and so far there is nothing but praise from him in our LET related matrix channel.

I am sure he jumped on this one as well so if you need a Benchmark before buying I can ask him about it.

I think if you are a good neighbour and stick to the general don't be an asshole rule you'll have a great time with the Doc. Make sure to inform yourself of proper fair usage for the cores and bandwidth tho. I think Bjoern told me about cpulimiting each core to 25% usage. Not sure if that is what is considered fair usage or if he does it with all his multi core/thread VPS to be considerate of the neighbours.

Thanked by 2HostDoc sgheghele
  • Is the VPS provisioned instantly? If not, on average, how long does it take to be provisioned after payment has been made?

• @edoarudo5 said:
    Is the VPS provisioned instantly? If not, on average, how long does it take to be provisioned after payment has been made?

They are manually provisioned and can take up to 24 hours.
    There will be quite a few provisioned today that are still pending.

Thanked by 1edoarudo5
  • UnixfyUnixfy Member

What locations can the summer special be deployed in?

• So, any bench on that Singapore vps? I cancel my last hostdoc Singapore vps because it's unbearable unusable.

• @Unixfy said:

If you follow the link - it says Kansas pool. So i would assume its locked to Kansas only.

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • @yokowasis said:
    So, any bench on that Singapore vps? I cancel my last hostdoc Singapore vps because it's unbearable unusable.

You can find a bench in this thread

@Unixfy said:

Only Kansas

Thanked by 1Unixfy
  • @aponie said:
    If u see log properly, i believe u will found out the truth that im not do that. But u too lazy to investigate, and easly accuse me. Who dont get angry when u paid something, not only you cant access it, but been accuse doing something u dont do?

Im maybe wrong be angry, but what ur expection from frusted client? Burn they more when they angry? R u sure?

It's very simple. HostDoc explained it very well, so not sure if you can ever get it.

Either you were complicit in the server being compromised, or you are incapable of securing the server. Now, there's bugs and zero days that can get into servers (jBoss got zero day'd really bad like a bunch of years ago on a bunch of 'secure' servers), but there's basic stuff to secure your VPS like ssh key logins only, no root login, firewalling, etc. If you replied "oh no, I didn't know it was compromised. Here's what I did to secure it." Or "I only installed 'this app'" , and it might turn out it recently had a zero day, etc. My former work's website was a $500/month MANAGED dedicated server from Rackspace that had the company website hacked due to zero day injections.

The provider will be happy to engage and make sure you have basic competence or suggest additional steps to secure the VPS. No one is perfect, but the right attitude to resolving the issue is really important as to whether the provider can take another risk with you.

But since you went full douche, the provider cannot be sure you'll take the necessary steps to secure it, and you're likely going to be added to fraud lists because you didn't work to resolve the issue, just denied it could have been your fault. Ain't nobody got time for that.

I'm glad I can fire clients at will if they are douches. I'd hate to have to keep providing service to someone like this.

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • any chance of these direct admin licenses for old plans? :-) @HostDoc

• JoeylJoeyl Member

@HostDoc Are these KVM or OpenVZ?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@Joeyl said:

HostDoc only sells KVM :)

Thanked by 2HostDoc dahartigan
  • @FusedIT said:
    any chance of these direct admin licenses for old plans? :-) @HostDoc

Yes, it is available for old clients and plans also so long as the plan is over £5 per month

@Joeyl said:

Only KVM virtualisation used at our practice. Nothing else.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Singapore Xeon E5-2640v4 Benchmark bench.sh

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2640 v4 @ 2.40GHz
    Number of cores : 6
    CPU frequency : 2400.066 MHz
    Total size of Disk : 78.0 GB (4.9 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem : 3951 MB (311 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 1022 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime : 0 days, 0 hour 48 min
    Load average : 0.54, 2.28, 2.15
    Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)

Kernel : 4.4.0-21-generic

I/O speed(1st run) : 169 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run) : 142 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run) : 151 MB/s

Average I/O speed : 154.0 MB/s

Node Name IPv4 address Download Speed
    CacheFly 167.88.158.176 55.3MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo, JP 106.187.96.148 27.8MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG 139.162.23.4 42.2MB/s
    Linode, London, UK 176.58.107.39 1.36MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE 139.162.130.8 13.1MB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA 50.116.14.9 1.26MB/s
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX 173.192.68.18 1.08MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA 67.228.112.250 1.17MB/s
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE 159.122.69.4 1.96MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG 119.81.28.170 52.5MB/s
    Softlayer, HongKong, CN 119.81.130.170 8.44MB/s

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep

HostDoc said: The solution would have most likely been we would force a reinstall of your VPS and you can continue using it.

FWIW, this is the same policy I have. Your VPS causes a DDOS, or other behavior you can't explain -- we disable network and clear it up with you. Sounds like the @HostDoc is very open to you cleaning up your act. Kudos.

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • stephfd21stephfd21 Member
    edited July 2019

trying to buy a plan but it wont go through, help me @hostdoc