Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Mailchimp DKIM validation return error if we use Cloudflare
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mailchimp DKIM validation return error if we use Cloudflare

jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider
edited June 2019 in Help

I think the problem is that the Mailchimp DKIM record does not respond to ping, so the CNAME record in Cloudflare has no effect. Before, if we paid the 20 USD for the PRO plan, you could deactivate the CNAME Flattening. But this option is no more available in Cloudflare.

Cloudflare says the correct way would be to create a TXT record and Mailchimp says theirs is a correct way.

Do you know if there is an option to patch the problem?

Comments

• hzrhzr Member
    edited June 2019

??? You are not supposed to have the orange cloud active on CNAMEs for this

I've never seen a problem with this, there should not be anything to flatten. When you run host whatever.your.subdomain you should just see 'is an alias for ...mailchimp'

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

@hzr said:
    ??? You are not supposed to have the orange cloud active on CNAMEs for this

I've never seen a problem with this, there should not be anything to flatten. When you run host whatever.your.subdomain you should just see 'is an alias for ...mailchimp'

The CF filtering is off. Sure :)

https://bobandedovic.com/blog/technology/how-to-authenticate-a-domain-name-on-mailchimp-using-cloudflare-cname-bypass-solution -> But doesn't work more

• hzrhzr Member
    edited June 2019

I am very confused. Are mailchimp demanding you do this on the apex?

Because if it says 'flatten cname at root' it isn't going to affect you. This means that it'll only flatten "example.com CNAME something-else" (which is not valid in DNS anyway), and will not flatten "domainkey.example.com".

I see this, assuming it's the right domain, it is not being flattened and has nothing to do with it:
    k1._domainkey.ginernet.com is an alias for dkim.mcsv.net.

This is correct CNAME, no flattening, but mailchimp does cache for ridiculous amounts of time so if you clicked check too early it'll fail the verify