Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need VPS suggestions-Europe? (Scaleway-Netcup)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need VPS suggestions-Europe? (Scaleway-Netcup)

uzaysanuzaysan Member
edited May 2019 in Help

Hi. I'm planning to use VPS for my mobile app backend. I was planing to use Hetzner but they rejected me and disabled my account. Now I'm looking for other vps service providers.

I'm located in turkey so vps that located in europe would be better than American services. Also low price is better. because currency is little fragile this times.

So far I found scaleway and netcup. They both have great price. But I have read some horrible stories about scaleway. Like When you reboot your vps that takes at least 1 hour or similar ones. Or If you open a support ticket they answer after 2-3 days etc.

I really want to know is this true. If any of you has ever used scaleway please write your experiences.

Also I found another vps provider "Netcup". This is not popular I guess because I couldn't find useful info on web. But when I emailed them from their website They say if you send e mail before 5 o'clock İts guarenteed that you will get answer in same day. And I get my answers same day.

If any of you had ever used Netcup, How way your experiences? Do they always reply support tickets same day like they promise? How perform their vps servers? Are they poweful(for its price of course)?
How is their stability and availability? I heard that your vps server in hetzner run for very long time without support or managment. Is this also apply for netchup. I'm asking this because I have no backend skill. I will learn while doing it. So set up and forget is good for me.

At the end Please reply your recommendations and experineces.

PS: Sorry for my bad english and grammar mistakes(If I did)

Comments

• sirluissirluis Member

There's PHP-Friends too. Good provider.

Thanked by 2uzaysan pike
  • uzaysanuzaysan Member

@sirluis said:

Seems like they don't have english support :(

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited May 2019

@uzaysan said:

@sirluis said:

Seems like they don't have english support :(

They do, I think. Sent them email in English

Thanked by 1uzaysan
  • nullnotherenullnothere Member
    edited May 2019

uzaysan said: If any of you had ever used Netcup, How way your experiences? Do they always reply support tickets same day like they promise? How perform their vps servers? Are they poweful(for its price of course)?
    How is their stability and availability?

I am a Netcup VPS user for some time now and I've not had any troubles with their services at all. Their services are very stable and support is usually very prompt in answering any questions. They have some very specific cancellation requirements that you should be aware of contract wise and they're very strict about enforcing the contracts. I can definitely recommend them for their stability and performance.

Just be sure to read/understand/accept their cancellation policy and terms of service.

• uzaysanuzaysan Member

@nullnothere said:

uzaysan said: If any of you had ever used Netcup, How way your experiences? Do they always reply support tickets same day like they promise? How perform their vps servers? Are they poweful(for its price of course)?
    How is their stability and availability?

I am a Netcup VPS user for some time now and I've not had any troubles with their services at all. Their services are very stable and support is usually very prompt in answering any questions. They have some very specific cancellation requirements that you should be aware of contract wise and they're very strict about enforcing the contracts. I can definitely recommend them for their stability and performance.

Just be sure to read/understand/accept their cancellation policy and terms of service.

Thanks for your reply. But I found out you have to have a sepa bank account or paybal account for using netcup. But my country is not eu member also paybal dont provide service here so I cant use them.

Is there any other vps service that you can suggest?

• pikepike Veteran

What payment method do you require then? Cryptos? Sadly most hosts I would recommend only offer sepa, paypal, visa and the likes. But consider php-friends or maybe contact Hetzner Support to get an Account Open with them.

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited May 2019

For EU,

First-root
    Hetzner
    Hostdoc

UltraVPS.eu if u learn how to mount second disk.

• uzaysanuzaysan Member
    edited May 2019

@pike said:
    What payment method do you require then? Cryptos? Sadly most hosts I would recommend only offer sepa, paypal, visa and the likes. But consider php-friends or maybe contact Hetzner Support to get an Account Open with them.

Credit card payment is okay. Visa is ok.

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

Other than a "low price", what are your other technical requirements? I see no details mentioned so far about specs you need on the VPS other than low price and Europe location.

We're not bottom of the list price-wise, but pretty decently priced, and provide darn good support...and we have both UK and NL locations for VPS.

• uzaysanuzaysan Member
    edited May 2019

@SmartHost said:
    Other than a "low price", what are your other technical requirements? I see no details mentioned so far about specs you need on the VPS other than low price and Europe location.

We're not bottom of the list price-wise, but pretty decently priced, and provide darn good support...and we have both UK and NL locations for VPS.

I will use that vps for my mobile app backend. I will use parse server. My app is an online app so internet connection stability and low ping are important. I dont have any user right now(App is still in development phase). And I dont think I will so much users in atleats 6 months. So ENtry level vps is enough for me right now.

Also I have no beckend experience. So stable system is good. I wanna launch a system and I dont wanna take care of it for at least 3 months .

I checked out your vps services. Price and connection speed look good.
    I will create 3 vps. One for Parse server. One for MongoDB and one for elasticsearch.

Parse server will send data to mongo db. Also Mongo db will be realtime syncronized with elastic search with mongo connector. Users will get data from both parse server and elastic search.
    You have 1TB bandwith limit.My vps servers will mostly send json data with text. But What happens if I exeed this limit?

In order page it says set "hostname". But I dont have any domain. I will use vps static ip. Can I buy vps without domain?

Also do you have any bencmark for cheapest vps?

• Hi,

Take look at out website: https://finalhosting.nl/products/vps

We offer livechat support every day and our VPS servers are located in the Netherlands.

For our latest promotions please read this

• On this forum people who use Netcup seem to enjoy the experience.

You might need to define your needs more precisely: maybe everything can run on one VPS rather than 3? You can check out hosthatch offer if you didn't already, it has been extended until tonight. Amsterdam or Vienna should work really well for you. It's gonna work well but keep in mind that this is unmanaged, if you are going to need a lot of support that's not gonna work.

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep

Just wanted to mention our KVM Power Edition https://www.first-root.com/server/vps/kvm-power-edition/

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

@uzaysan said:
    In order page it says set "hostname". But I dont have any domain. I will use vps static ip. Can I buy vps without domain?

Yes, that is just for service identification purposes only.

Also do you have any benchmark for cheapest vps?

Full thread here...which should have that included in discussion already:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/156825/smarthost-ultra-fast-nvme-ssd-kvm-vps-only-2-95-month-nvme#latest