Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Make RSS Feeds Great Again (By allowing them to work)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Make RSS Feeds Great Again (By allowing them to work)

ChaosCircleChaosCircle Member
edited April 2019 in Help

https://www.lowendtalk.com/categories/offers/feeds.rss <- any chance we can get cloudflare lowered so RSS readers work again?

My RSS feed reader gets blocked by Cloudflare since it doesn't execute javascript.

https://community.cloudflare.com/t/aweber-access-to-rss-feed-being-blocked/55649/9

If you need help

Comments

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Let me guess, another SEO-hosting-blog.

Thanked by 2Wolf JasonM
  • ChaosCircleChaosCircle Member
    edited April 2019

No. I'm just a lazy fuck who can't be bothered to check multiple sites. RSS is alot more convenient.

If you really want, I can link you to the public instance of my RSS feed. A blog (or anything other than my personal RSS feed) it is not lol

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I think it was disabled because of the 5972 Chinese blogs just pulling the content and badly translating it as if it was their own.

Thanked by 4i83 vimalware Wolf JasonM
  • mintmint Member

great firewall is definitely working :v

• deankdeank Member, Troll

It's always them, ain't it.

deank said: It's always them, ain't it.

Well it seems like a sensible move when 873TB of BW is being used to populate other peoples scams/blogs every month.

Thanked by 1i83
  • I also find it much easier to get notified of new threads via RSS. If the intent is to avoid appropriating content, perhaps it would be possible to just publish the subjects with a linkback in the RSS item body.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    I think it was disabled because of the 5972 Chinese blogs just pulling the content and badly translating it as if it was their own.

Why can't we have nice things..

• Asking for change that doesn't involve adding more "Subscribe to our newsletter" boxes...

Thanked by 2datanoise iKeyZ
  • @poisson said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Why can't we have nice things..

Because Anthony Smith has a long-held grudge against Chinese people.

• @psb777 said:

You sound like a shill. It is clear that 他们自作孽 (translation: they brought it upon themselves)

I am with @AnthonySmith and obviously I am Chinese, just not from China. Of course there are nice and reasonable China Chinese, but most responses I see on LET from China Chinese are unfortunately not so. Who can blame the inevitable conclusion?

• Thanked by 1MannDude
  • C h i n a

• @poisson said:

@psb777 said:

You sound like a shill. It is clear that 他们自作孽 (translation: they brought it upon themselves)

I am with @AnthonySmith and obviously I am Chinese, just not from China. Of course there are nice and reasonable China Chinese, but most responses I see on LET from China Chinese are unfortunately not so. Who can blame the inevitable conclusion?

You sound like a racist. It might seem "clear" to you that most forms of discrimination arose because "the victims brought it upon themselves," but not to me it doesn't.

You want to take Anthony's sides? Be my guest. But don't try to justify the "inevitability" of discrimination, even it's your own ethnic group.

• rcxbrcxb Member

I have an open ticket #374318 about the broken RSS feed from January. Got one update asking to try again, then nothing for months. Seems nobody cares.

• WolfWolf Member

@rcxb said:
    I have an open ticket #374318 about the broken RSS feed from January. Got one update asking to try again, then nothing for months. Seems nobody cares.

This is LET! What did you expect?...
    Since when is CC trying to implement IPv6 again? 🙃

• wew... Is RSS still alive? I though it's dead somewhere in 2009-2011, is not it?
    I think you like also IRC, DC++ networks, and teamspeak? Or ventrilo? Hope nobody mentioned e-mule here and AOL.

Btw, I tried to open a rss link, and I see RSS feed...

• desperand said: wew... Is RSS still alive? I though it's dead somewhere in 2009-2011, is not it?

Yes, it's still alive. Hasn't died.

desperand said: I think you like also IRC, DC++ networks, and teamspeak? Or ventrilo? Hope nobody mentioned e-mule here and AOL.

Sure.

desperand said: Btw, I tried to open a rss link, and I see RSS feed...

You seem to be missing the point of RSS feeds. You can access it from your browser after passing through Cloudflare, which is exactly what's stopping OP from accessing the RSS feeds because a crawler won't be able to pass through Cloudflare.

• @psb777 said:
    You sound like a racist. It might seem "clear" to you that most forms of discrimination arose because "the victims brought it upon themselves," but not to me it doesn't.

You want to take Anthony's sides? Be my guest. But don't try to justify the "inevitability" of discrimination, even it's your own ethnic group.

Another virtue-signalling social justice warrior who cannot distinguish evidence based arguments from ideologically based ones. I don't like to invoke the race card, but in this case it is appropriate for me to tell you that you do not have the cultural credentials to judge my comments.

It is also extremely funny that your brain somehow seems to have gone into an infinite loop computing the idea that people of the same ethnic group can criticise themselves.

I don’t discriminate, I think the problem is humans generally, there are about 10 - 20 % worth keeping around imo, contribute and add value to life or please choose to stop breathing. :)

@psb777 has been calling me a racist for years I believe because he abused service and got no refund and was part of the problem, having never met me he assumes probably because of my name I am some mighty white Donald trump pro maga for all the wrong reasons idiot.

I am actually just joe average animal rescuing mother flipper who does not conform and cuts through the nonsense, who is deeply concerned with the climate and the state of consumerism from a small place in Northern England.

But sure, keep calling me racist because I decided to protect my income by blocking China due to @gongyi’s shill/scam blog sending hundreds and hundreds of orders from China from people who cannot speak or read any English under completely false promises (well proven fact) that just issue credit card charge backs or PayPal claims for a refund.

I blocked China for 4 years, I opened it back up for a week during Black Friday EXACTLY THE SAME THING HAPPENED.

This is not racism, this is being hit by the same thing in the same way over and over again, I am simply choosing to move out of the way.

So please, fuck off with your claims of me being racist, you don’t know me even remotely well enough to say that and mean it.

• This escalated almost as quickly as AlphaRacks was able to oversell their nodes.

• VMVPSVMVPS Member

AnthonySmith said: So please, fuck off with your claims of me being racist, you don’t know me even remotely well enough to say that and mean it.

Relax dude. You can block any clients as you wish since you can have your targeted clients, and I won't call it racism. I always strongly suggest my readers to choose Chinese-friendly providers, such as Alipay-supported, Chinese-speaking support etc. Also, if your business is not ready for Chinese, you can clearly state it in your offers. I think it fine to all of us. Chinese bloggers here can read English and we will also mention this in our posts. If you need a Chinese-version TOS, or announcements or something, maybe I can help.

Thanked by 1poisson
  • WolfWolf Member

@VMVPS said:

AnthonySmith said: So please, fuck off with your claims of me being racist, you don’t know me even remotely well enough to say that and mean it.

Relax dude. You can block any clients as you wish since you can have your targeted clients, and I won't call it racism. I always strongly suggest my readers to choose Chinese-friendly providers, such as Alipay-supported, Chinese-speaking support etc. Also, if your business is not ready for Chinese, you can clearly state it in your offers. I think it fine to all of us. Chinese bloggers here can read English and we will also mention this in our posts. If you need a Chinese-version TOS, or announcements or something, maybe I can help.

Oh man. Seriously? State that my business is not ready for Chinese scamming and bullshitting? Wow. Honestly... next I specifically have to exclude every fucking nation or culture?

Maybe, one day in the future, chinese will undstand, that a provider who only offers an english website, is targetting the english speaking market? Andrew is not racist at all, but just tired of the language barrier and behaviour.

Thanked by 1MannDude
    edited April 2019

I do not speak or read Russian, so I do not fudge my way through Russian sites trying to buy something then make it their problem for not speaking English.

If the Russian website does not cater for English, I do not use it, simple, and if I do, and things do not work out, I sure as hell do not punish them by issuing a charge back based on nothing but that fact that I cant speak or communicate in Russian.

It is not racism if the Russian site gets annoyed at all these f******g English only speaking wankers for trying to make the fact we do not speak Russian their problem somehow.

If you want to risk it anyway and use translate, fine, no problem, but assume everything from that point onward is your fault for agreeing to things you cant understand.

For some reason I do not understand, there is a massively disproportionate amount of Chinese users that take do this then make it the sellers problem that they cannot speak English, frankly, I do not give a shit what that reason is, I just do not want that problem.

I blocked Brazil because after being in business about 6 months I had about 10 official police requests and legal notices about sites being hosted related to pedophilia, again i opened that back up after about 3 years, within a month i got the same issue, I do not want that issue, I do not give a shit about the root cause, I just do not want to deal with it.

That is my choice as a director of a private company.

Thanked by 3Wolf poisson MannDude
  • psb777psb777 Member
    edited April 2019

@AnthonySmith said:

@psb777 has been calling me a racist for years I believe because he abused service and got no refund and was part of the problem, having never met me he assumes probably because of my name I am some mighty white Donald trump pro maga for all the wrong reasons idiot.

Look, I did not call you a racist, not a single time. I just did a full search of all my comments published on LET and I didn't find any. If you do, I will apologize. I did say @poisson "sounded like racist" because he thought they "brought it on themselves" and he said I "sounded like shill," neither of which is true I think.

Truth is I have never been denied any service or any refund by any of the providers on LET. I can read English just find, maybe I can write some, too. And no, I don't have problems with you rejecting Chinese customers. That's your business decision, it's fair enough. However I do have a problem with you complaining and implying that Chinese customers are ridden with scammers and Chinese VPS blogs are doing harm. For example, it was you who invoked the Chinese issue while there was not a clue that OP wanted to use RSS feed for his/her Chinese blog.

edited April 2019

psb777 said: I do have a problem with you complaining and implying that Chinese customers are ridden with scammers and Chinese VPS blogs are doing harm.

Well we have no problem then because not once have I done that without qualifying it in fact.

psb777 said: it was you who invoked the Chinese issue while there was not a clue that OP wanted to use RSS feed for his/her Chinese blog.

It is you who saw it as me seeing it as an issue, I am sorry if the truth offends you, that is the actual reason RSS does not work, like it or lump it, should I not mention the truth because it might offend you, should I have asked someone else to tell the OP why RSS is not working in case someone things I hate Chinese people? grow up.

psb777 said: Anthony Smith has a long-held grudge against Chinese people.

Fuck off and when you get there, fuck off again.

• WolfWolf Member

@psb777 said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Look, I did not call you a racist, not a single time. I just did a full search of all my comments published on LET and I didn't find any. If you do, I will apologize. I did say @poisson "sounded like racist" because he thought they "brought it on themselves" and he said I "sounded like shill," neither of which is true I think.

Truth is I have never been denied any service or any refund by any of the providers on LET. I can read English just find, maybe I can write some, too. And no, I don't have problems with you rejecting Chinese customers. That's your business decision, it's fair enough. However I do have a problem with you complaining and implying that Chinese customers are ridden with scammers and Chinese VPS blogs are doing harm. For example, it was you who invoked the Chinese issue while there was not a clue that OP wanted to use RSS feed for his/her Chinese blog.

@AnthonySmith Did not even say anything related to the OP in that post. Instead he said: ‚I think it was disabled because of the 5972 Chinese blogs‘, without blaming / implying or referencing the OP.

The reason why people on LET talk/think like that about the chinese customers is due to experience. Just face it okay?

• psb777psb777 Member
    edited April 2019

AnthonySmith said: Well we have no problem then because not once have I done that without qualifying it in fact.

Okay, find "the 5972 Chinese VPS blogs" otherwise fuck off with your "fuck off".

AnthonySmith said: I think it was disabled because of the 5972 Chinese blogs just pulling the content and badly translating it as if it was their own.

psb777 said: Okay, find 5972 Chinese VPS blogs otherwise fuck off with your "fuck off".

Satire in humor when presenting the facts through reductio ad absurdum is a bit different to your insistence of racism, implied, directly or otherwise.

When you are ready to apologize I am ready to listen.

Thanked by 1poisson