Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KYC kimsufi question
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KYC kimsufi question

I read ToS of kimsufi and looks like they can request my identification. Support said that they do this periodically. So, is it possible that I will run my server for year and one day they will suspend my account and request identification? I do not want to upload my documents to internet and share it with internet strangers.
Thanks

Comments

• They tend to verify your identity at purchase time. It never happened to me but I have always paid with a valid Paypal account (hence, they already know who I am). It is kinda difficult to sell a dedicated server, with which you could potentially do nasty things, without asking you who you are.

There are, however, resellers arounds who will accept your crypto currencies and not ask you who you are.

• I had to provide identity papers for both myself and a friend of a server that was already paid for 3 months after a friend made the payment for it. Did that, all was fine.

I did add a big watermark to it that cited ovh and the specific order number.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Hostshield_LTDHostshield_LTD Member, Patron Provider

I think kimsufi belongs to ovh if im not wrong, or am i ? Look at their EV SSl when you connect. I dont think you are providing your documents with a stranger on the internet.

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@Hostshield_LTD said:
    I think kimsufi belongs to ovh if im not wrong, or am i ? Look at their EV SSl when you connect. I dont think you are providing your documents with a stranger on the internet.

Kimsufi & So you Start are indeed OVH group's brands.

• MilonMilon Member

But I don't want to upload it to the net. Is there any guarantee that hackers, janitor or cleaning lady will not copy all documents from OVH one day and will not use them for their own purposes?

@sgheghele said:
    There are, however, resellers arounds who will accept your crypto currencies and not ask you who you are.

Do you know some good and cheap resellers?
    Thanks

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2019

Milon said: Do you know some good and cheap resellers?

Me. I have a lot of promotional servers. Servers without install fees.

• Milon said: But I don't want to upload it to the net. Is there any guarantee that hackers, janitor or cleaning lady will not copy all documents from OVH one day and will not use them for their own purposes?

@ninzo59, can documents be removed/deleted once verified by the team if requested?

• MilonMilon Member
    edited April 2019

@quadhost said:
    can documents be removed/deleted once verified by the team if requested?

It's not under your control. You can not check it anyway. Furthermore, you don't know how they deal with them and how they store them.

• MilonMilon Member

@Vova1234 said:
    Me. I have a lot of promotional servers. Servers without install fees.

Is it possible to switch to EN or at least USD price?

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

Actual servers are in the billing.

Milon said: Is it possible to switch to EN or at least USD price?

Not yet done. I have aimed at the CIS. For foreigners, I will do billing separately in the future, since the payment methods are different and the language too.

• Adam1Adam1 Member

Milon said: But I don't want to upload it to the net. Is there any guarantee that hackers, janitor or cleaning lady will not copy all documents from OVH one day and will not use them for their own purposes?

Well, isnt that the point of GDPR?

• @Adam1 said:

Milon said: But I don't want to upload it to the net. Is there any guarantee that hackers, janitor or cleaning lady will not copy all documents from OVH one day and will not use them for their own purposes?

Exactly, due to GDPR you can practically ask them to remove specific elements of your data should you withdraw consent, after which they've processed it... Not that I've tried that but I don't see how it isn't possible.

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

Milon said: ou can not

@quadhost said:

@ninzo59, can documents be removed/deleted once verified by the team if requested?

@HyperSpeed said:

@Adam1 said:

Exactly, due to GDPR you can practically ask them to remove specific elements of your data should you withdraw consent, after which they've processed it... Not that I've tried that but I don't see how it isn't possible.

1. Digital copies are stored where the exchange takes place (normally it's our ticketing tool), access to the queue/file where the document is located is restricted only to (few) people working in the department (who process the tickets in this queue, have access to the content of this queue)

2. Your document/file can be deleted on demand, the GDPR legislation provides exactly that (the possibility to request the deletion of personal information, such as an ID document)

=> the request can be made by a customer who is still active (via the exchange in question, or in a new one) or by a customer who has left, or by a prospect (who has never become a customer)

Don't hesitate if you need more clarification or infos.

ninzo

Thanked by 2poisson quadhost