Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1Fichier Spring Sale; 2TB cold storage, UNLIMITED Hot Storage (files accessed within last 60 days)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1Fichier Spring Sale; 2TB cold storage, UNLIMITED Hot Storage (files accessed within last 60 days)

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited April 2019 in General

So, it's 1Fichier Deal Time again :)
Grab them while you can! Not the fancy 10€/year deal from BF/XMAS but still a good offer.
Especially the 6 year deal is interesting.

Yearly discounted to 15€/year:

Enjoy our spring discount on the 1 year Premium offer : 15€ instead of 30€.

https://1fichier.com/tarifs.html

6 Years Premium (when buying vouchers): 75€

Discounted price on Vouchers 75 € for 6 years Premium (instead of 90 €)

https://1fichier.com/tarifs.html

Comments

• No root access? How is my files secure under your service?

• @leang97 said:
    No root access? How is my files secure under your service?

It is not my service and I suggest you read:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/112656/review-special-offer-1fichier-unlimited-file-hosting-storage-100gb-mo-cdn-for-10-year/p1

• @Ympker said:

@leang97 said:
    No root access? How is my files secure under your service?

It is not my service and I suggest you read:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/112656/review-special-offer-1fichier-unlimited-file-hosting-storage-100gb-mo-cdn-for-10-year/p1

I thought it was your service, lel.

• lol 6 years my arse

• @sundaymouse said:
    lol 6 years my arse

?

• tl;dr: not worth even with this price. Personally my opinion.

Long story:
    To people who confused by this offer.
    This is not classic storage. You must know it!
    You and only you can upload/download only 1 by 1 file via their web browser.
    They do not have any 3rd party tools. Even FTP works with issues and a lot of restrictions.
    You can't make normally file and folder structure in your storage. You're stuck to very similar service to Depositfiles / Rapidshare, etc trash sites (but even they offer much more than this service).

Think twice before buying, otherwise, it will be idling and you will not use it the same as I'm because of not understanding what is exactly is. If you think that you got "2TB storage", you're absolutely wrong, you're restricted very much in what you can do, what you can download/upload, etc. This is not worth it at all. You can't even share your files for your co-workers/clients, because they will be forced or buy their paid plan, otherwise their download speed will be restricted to 100kbit/s plus only 1 download per an hour.

Sounds nice? Try it! But do not say that you did not warn and not got an explanation of why your storage space is idling and you can't use it. Better to add extra 15-20$ to your budget and buy something more usable and what will work as a normal file system out the box with all abilities.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2019

@desperand said:
    tl;dr: not worth even with this price. Personally my opinion.

Long story:
    To people who confused by this offer.
    This is not classic storage. You must know it!
    You and only you can upload/download only 1 by 1 file via their web browser.
    They do not have any 3rd party tools. Even FTP works with issues and a lot of restrictions.
    You can't make normally file and folder structure in your storage. You're stuck to very similar service to Depositfiles / Rapidshare, etc trash sites (but even they offer much more than this service).

Think twice before buying, otherwise, it will be idling and you will not use it the same as I'm because of not understanding what is exactly is. If you think that you got "2TB storage", you're absolutely wrong, you're restricted very much in what you can do, what you can download/upload, etc. This is not worth it at all. You can't even share your files for your co-workers/clients, because they will be forced or buy their paid plan, otherwise their download speed will be restricted to 100kbit/s plus only 1 download per an hour.

Sounds nice? Try it! But do not say that you did not warn and not got an explanation of why your storage space is idling and you can't use it. Better to add extra 15-20$ to your budget and buy something more usable and what will work as a normal file system out the box with all abilities.

I think we've had this discussion before where we agreed to disagree, ending with me stating some valid points why I still considered it worth it. Not to say there aren't restrictions but all in all I consider it worth it. There are also some LET users that have played around with the API and seem to have been very happy with it.
    Uploading is actually possible via Remote URL and FTP, too. You can share your files and have your clients download them at full speed by marking them as "CDN" which is then a direct download link (/hotlink) and downloads at full speed. Another option is to use the IP Authentication method whitelisting your clients IP Address to allow full speed download without authentication from that IP Address.

Anyway, to each their own. I can see why you wouldn't buy it either. There is the 1Fichier review thread already with lots of input that allows everyone to make their own conclusion regarding whether they can make use of this service or not.

Thanked by 2angstrom default
  • desperanddesperand Member
    edited April 2019

My negative to this company is simple. They tricked me with a banal scheme and hidden problems that are not explained anywhere in their platform. Anywhere! I even asked them via support tickets. Answers pretty interesting!

Yes, they have a trial, but when you use a trial, you expect that all these nonsense problems will not be in the premium version of the product for which you decide to pay. I paid - and what did I get? Absolutely the same as in the trial version, nothing better than the download speed. Absolutely not usable idling host.

https://1fichier.com - scheme (car analogy):

1fichier:

we sell Ferraries, with the best price below the market price! Buy it, you will get: fast speed, nice red color, 600 hours powers, from 0 to 100km in 2 seconds, dozens of certificates, etc, etc.

Me:

"Ok! Let me buy it!!! And buying it..."

After some time

Me:

"Hey, 1fichier, why you did not say to me, that I can't drive my bought car on the streets? Why every cop stop me and ask me to pay fines? Why did you not said to me, that this car very restricted, and I can't use it in full power? For what have I paid"?

1fichier protectors:

"do you see 4 wheels? See or not? Do you see speedometer? Do you see arrow on speedometer up to 300? See or not? See! Do you see a red color? Do you can start the engine or not? Can! What the problem then? "

Me:

"I wanna drive my car, when I buying a car, I think if you name it a car, and selling it, that means that I can use it how I wish for example driving on the roads, or in the city, or in a desert, whatever, I wish to drive it, but you restrict usage that I can only start and stop engine, open and close doors, and not use anyhow horsepowers"

1fichier Protectors:

"Hahaha, and you did expect to buy for 15$ / y a Ferrari? Do you know how much it cost? Can you find someone who will be so sick who will sell it for this price? You did know what you did pay! So fuck off!"

Me:

"Wait, but you did offer a Ferrari with the best deal and asked to pay for it money, and I can't simply drive my car because of dozens of restrictions which I found by myself in the car. While all of these restrictions should not be in any car by default. That means I must receive a car without these hidden things. Selling 4 wheels and calling it a Ferrari - it's a fraud."

1fichier Protectors:

"Hahaha, we use it in our full power! Do you see our odometer counter? Do you see how many km we already travel in our auto-saloon territory? And does not matter that we did drive on our own small area where we can drive inside our own private territory, but we did drive on the car! So shut up and fuck off! We did not promise that you will use your car as a car! If you do not like the car - find something else"

Me:

Thanked by 1bap
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2019

@desperand said:
    My negative to this company is simple. They tricked me with a banal scheme and hidden problems that are not explained anywhere in their platform. Anywhere! I even asked them via support tickets. Answers pretty interesting!

Yes, they have a trial, but when you use a trial, you expect that all these nonsense problems will not be in the premium version of the product for which you decide to pay. I paid - and what did I get? Absolutely the same as in the trial version, nothing better than the download speed. Absolutely not usable idling host.

https://1fichier.com - scheme (car analogy):

1fichier:

we sell Ferraries, with the best price below the market price! Buy it, you will get: fast speed, nice red color, 600 hours powers, from 0 to 100km in 2 seconds, dozens of certificates, etc, etc.

Me:

"Ok! Let me buy it!!! And buying it..."

After some time

Me:

"Hey, 1fichier, why you did not say to me, that I can't drive my bought car on the streets? Why every cop stop me and ask me to pay fines? Why did you not said to me, that this car very restricted, and I can't use it in full power? For what have I paid"?

1fichier protectors:

"do you see 4 wheels? See or not? Do you see speedometer? Do you see arrow on speedometer up to 300? See or not? See! Do you see a red color? Do you can start the engine or not? Can! What the problem then? "

Me:

"I wanna drive my car, when I buying a car, I think if you name it a car, and selling it, that means that I can use it how I wish for example driving on the roads, or in the city, or in a desert, whatever, I wish to drive it, but you restrict usage that I can only start and stop engine, open and close doors, and not use anyhow horsepowers"

1fichier Protectors:

"Hahaha, and you did expect to buy for 15$ / y a Ferrari? Do you know how much it cost? Can you find someone who will be so sick who will sell it for this price? You did know what you did pay! So fuck off!"

Me:

"Wait, but you did offer a Ferrari with the best deal and asked to pay for it money, and I can't simply drive my car because of dozens of restrictions which I found by myself in the car. While all of these restrictions should not be in any car by default. That means I must receive a car without these hidden things. Selling 4 wheels and calling it a Ferrari - it's a fraud."

1fichier Protectors:

"Hahaha, we use it in our full power! Do you see our odometer counter? Do you see how many km we already travel in our auto-saloon territory? And does not matter that we did drive on our own small area where we can drive inside our own private territory, but we did drive on the car! So shut up and fuck off! We did not promise that you will use your car as a car! If you do not like the car - find something else"

Me:

Usually I'd expect the paid service to be like the trial though. Why would it be different? It is a trial for the service you are looking to use. Spotify Trial is also no different from Spotify Premium.

Anyway, I see your point. Taking all these circumstances into account it doesn't seem to be a fit solution for you. And that's totally okay. It was mentioned several times in the review thread that people who expect to pay peanuts and want to see diamonds in return will be let down. Thus, I agree, as you seem to prefer comfortable usage and don't want to meddle around a bit it's certainly better for you to look elsewhere.

• We did not need another this kind of discussion. It has been discussed before.

A VPS storage is much better than this.
    Google Drive / One Drive is much better than this.

it's $10 / year storage. You shouldn't expect it to better than $10 / month storage.

People mostly buy 1fichier premium (such as me), because I need to download some stuff from 1fichier. I don't even use my storage. I have unlimited Google drive for that.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Lets say I want to use it as tertiary cold backup storage. Is that going to work fine over ftp? I read some stuff about folder/files limitations above. Does this limit me somehow?

• MagicalTrain said: Lets say I want to use it as tertiary cold backup storage. Is that going to work fine over ftp? I read some stuff about folder/files limitations above. Does this limit me somehow?

Have been using it this way for months now. Backing up VPSs. No issues at all. Just upload stuff and forget about it.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YuraYura Member

@Ympker said:

@sundaymouse said:
    lol 6 years my arse

?

Something have been happening to his arse for 6 long years. I would not fish for details, but you do you, Ympker

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Have been told it's slow for Asian connections, is this only good for EU?

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited April 2019

@cybertech said:
    Have been told it's slow for Asian connections, is this only good for EU?

It depends. I sometimes get around 10MB/s on my LTE connection (SK Telecom), but my friend got like 500KB/s on his broadband connection (KT/he has 500Mbit up/down) when downloading. Uploading gets around 1-2MB/s on the KT broadband line. I can open up a download test link if you want.

Edit : there is a speedtest server here
    https://1fichier.com/network.html

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @cybertech said:
    Have been told it's slow for Asian connections, is this only good for EU?

Very poor connection to Asia, I have not thought about it when buying, that's my fault. Consider their base in France, this should only be good for EU.

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • Dumb question, how could I pay via Paypal or credit card? Only find bank transfer, yandex money and crypto LOL

• edfoxedfox Member

@dedipromo said:
    Dumb question, how could I pay via Paypal or credit card? Only find bank transfer, yandex money and crypto LOL

Buy from some resellers

• @dedipromo said:
    Dumb question, how could I pay via Paypal or credit card? Only find bank transfer, yandex money and crypto LOL

I have some stock left if interested ;)

https://selly.gg/p/e51b6ef5

Thanked by 2uptime Ympker
  • BarisBaris Member

@desperand said:
    Think twice before buying, otherwise, it will be idling and you will not use it the same as I'm because of not understanding what is exactly is.

Is it possible to transfer premium membership? One man's trash is another man's treasure. Would love to check it out.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited April 2019

desperand said: I paid - and what did I get? Absolutely the same as in the trial version, nothing better than the download speed.

That means they are hanest.