Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

limited special dedicated at ovh.de (new)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

limited special dedicated at ovh.de (new)

FalzoFalzo Member
edited January 2019 in General

just received this offer...

https://www.ovh.de/dedicated_server/enterprise/1908do05.xml

includes german VAT and seems to be available through the .de page only. I can't tell if you can order with other accounts...

might not be as burning as the one a few years ago, but however, thought it might find some interest.

Edit: available in Warszaw too: https://www.ovh.pl/serwery_dedykowane/enterprise/1907do05.xml

EDIT2: here are the ie links (without VAT already):

WAW - https://www.ovh.ie/dedicated_servers/enterprise/1907do05.xml
FRA - https://www.ovh.ie/dedicated_servers/enterprise/1908do05.xml

Comments

• Anything in Canada?

• It baffles me that they have launched several new offers post double bandwidth announcement and these are still locked. Server is incredibly good for the price, by the way. It was posted already some days ago.

Thanked by 1eol
  • Quite interesting too with similar specs starting at 34,99€/mo with HDD though can exchange for ssd:

https://www.webtropia.com/index.php?id=bestellen&action=getForm&pid=KabyLakeServer

Thanked by 2wa44io4 LeonDynamic
  • anything on moon and mars ?

• eoleol Member

@sgheghele said:
    It baffles me that they have launched several new offers post double bandwidth announcement and these are still locked.

Yes.

• sgheghele said: It was posted already some days ago

hmm, must have missed it, though I looked and didn't see anything...
    but you are right: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/155047/ovh-de-limited-edition-dedi

sorry for the doubled topic then. interesting enough that they send out a mail 7 days later to promote it - might not be selling as expected maybe?

for the bandwidth I can't tell. it says 500Mbit but 1Gbit burst - whatever that means or how they implement that now.

Thanked by 1sgheghele
  • fxffxf Member

Seems like an offer in BHS also just went up, the SP-50-LE.

https://www.ovh.com/world/dedicated-servers/enterprise/1904do04.xml
    https://www.ovh.ie/dedicated_servers/enterprise/1904do04.xml

This isn't equivalent to the SP-67-LE, has a xeon & ecc ram, but less storage. Also more 'spensive.

Can anyone chime in on how OVH's peering in DE and PL are? Any better than Hetzner? As good as OVH FR?

• If you have access to some German and Polish IPs, you can mtr them out at https://lg.ovh.net

• nhocconannhocconan Member
    edited January 2019

fxf said: Can anyone chime in on how OVH's peering in DE and PL are? Any better than Hetzner? As good as OVH FR?

A quick test w/ DE location:

wget https://freevps.us/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    Benchmark started on Fri 18 Jan 05:58:07 UTC 2019
    Full benchmark log: /root/bench.log

System Info
    -----------
    Processor   : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
    CPU Cores   : 8
    Frequency   : 4041.161 MHz
    Memory      : 31811 MB
    Swap        :  MB
    Uptime      : 6 days, 22:54,

OS      : 
    Arch        : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel      : 4.15.18-9-pve
    Hostname    : abcdefghijklmnopqrst

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is XX.XX.XX.XX

Location        Provider    Speed
    CDN         Cachefly    95.8MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US     Coloat      13.1MB/s 
    Dallas, TX, US      Softlayer   11.9MB/s 
    Seattle, WA, US     Softlayer   9.19MB/s 
    San Jose, CA, US    Softlayer   10.2MB/s 
    Washington, DC, US  Softlayer   16.9MB/s 

Tokyo, Japan        Linode      8.87MB/s 
    Singapore       Softlayer   5.66MB/s 

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net     105MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb    100MB/s 

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 210 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 212 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 205 MB/s
    Average I/O : 209 MB/s

And with speedtest-cli:

speedtest-cli
    Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Testing from OVH SAS (XX.XX.XX.XX)...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Selecting best server based on ping...
    Hosted by KNT Internet (Riethnordhausen) [107.87 km]: 8.349 ms
    Testing download speed................................................................................
    Download: 893.24 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed....................................................................................................
    Upload: 471.42 Mbit/s

Thanked by 4eol Falzo sgheghele atomi
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited January 2019

nhocconan said:
    Rotterdam, Netherlands id3.net 105MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands Leaseweb 100MB/s

is this the same offer? if it is this would be 1Gbit (burstable at least)

thanks for checking...

• @Ympker said:
    Quite interesting too with similar specs starting at 34,99€/mo with HDD though can exchange for ssd:

https://www.webtropia.com/index.php?id=bestellen&action=getForm&pid=KabyLakeServer

sorry little bit off topic, @Ympker, have you tried them? how is their support and network?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @kzed said:

@Ympker said:
    Quite interesting too with similar specs starting at 34,99€/mo with HDD though can exchange for ssd:

sorry little bit off topic, @Ympker, have you tried them? how is their support and network?

technical support is good, reaction times I'd call average, sales/pre-sales support is not the best in my books.
    network is good at least for europe, though IP reputation (of whole subnets) can be problematic, seems to be a lot of shady neighbours there.
    if you order, check the harddisk for age and errors, seen some real wornout stuff there...

Thanked by 2Ympker kzed
    edited January 2019

@Falzo said:

nhocconan said: Rotterdam, Netherlands id3.net 105MB/s

Haarlem, Netherlands Leaseweb 100MB/s

is this the same offer? if it is this would be 1Gbit (burstable at least)

thanks for checking...

It is the same one (SP-67-LE) but for Frankfurt (DE) location last week. You can see that the server is up for approximate 7 days :-)

Falzo said: if you order, check the harddisk for age and errors, seen some real wornout stuff there...

FYI, they use a brand new HDDs on my server.

Edit: I added speedtest-cli one in the above post.

Thanked by 2Falzo sgheghele
  • @nhocconan said:

FYI, they use a brand new HDDs on my server.

Edit: I added speedtest-cli one in the above post.

Thank you for the tests. Could you kindly run a couple internal and external iperf tests as well?

iperf -c iperf.ovh.net -i 1 -d
    iperf3 -c iperf.worldstream.nl
    iperf3 -c iperf.worldstream.nl -R

• @Falzo said:

@kzed said:

@Ympker said:

technical support is good, reaction times I'd call average, sales/pre-sales support is not the best in my books.
    network is good at least for europe, though IP reputation (of whole subnets) can be problematic, seems to be a lot of shady neighbours there.
    if you order, check the harddisk for age and errors, seen some real wornout stuff there...

@kzed this^^

Thanked by 1kzed
    edited January 2019

sgheghele said: Thank you for the tests. Could you kindly run a couple internal and external iperf tests as well?

Sure, here you are.

#iperf -c iperf.ovh.net -i 1 -d
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Server listening on TCP port 5001
    TCP window size: 85.3 KByte (default)
    Client connecting to iperf.ovh.net, TCP port 5001
    TCP window size: 85.0 KByte (default)
    [  4] local XX.XX.XX.XX port 55484 connected with 188.165.12.136 port 5001
    [  5] local XX.XX.XX.XX port 5001 connected with 188.165.12.136 port 46196
    [ ID] Interval       Transfer     Bandwidth
    [  4]  0.0- 1.0 sec  98.8 MBytes   828 Mbits/sec
    [  5]  0.0- 1.0 sec   103 MBytes   860 Mbits/sec
    [  4]  1.0- 2.0 sec   103 MBytes   866 Mbits/sec
    [  5]  1.0- 2.0 sec   111 MBytes   935 Mbits/sec
    [  4]  2.0- 3.0 sec   101 MBytes   845 Mbits/sec
    [  5]  2.0- 3.0 sec   111 MBytes   935 Mbits/sec
    [  4]  3.0- 4.0 sec   104 MBytes   868 Mbits/sec
    [  5]  3.0- 4.0 sec   111 MBytes   935 Mbits/sec
    [  4]  4.0- 5.0 sec   102 MBytes   856 Mbits/sec
    [  5]  4.0- 5.0 sec   111 MBytes   935 Mbits/sec
    [  4]  5.0- 6.0 sec   103 MBytes   865 Mbits/sec
    [  5]  5.0- 6.0 sec   111 MBytes   935 Mbits/sec
    [  4]  6.0- 7.0 sec   103 MBytes   862 Mbits/sec
    [  5]  6.0- 7.0 sec   111 MBytes   935 Mbits/sec
    [  4]  7.0- 8.0 sec   102 MBytes   858 Mbits/sec
    [  5]  7.0- 8.0 sec   111 MBytes   935 Mbits/sec
    [  4]  8.0- 9.0 sec   102 MBytes   855 Mbits/sec
    [  5]  8.0- 9.0 sec   111 MBytes   935 Mbits/sec
    [  4]  9.0-10.0 sec   102 MBytes   855 Mbits/sec
    [  4]  0.0-10.0 sec  1020 MBytes   855 Mbits/sec
    [  5]  9.0-10.0 sec   111 MBytes   935 Mbits/sec
    [  5]  0.0-10.0 sec  1.08 GBytes   927 Mbits/sec

#iperf3 -c iperf.worldstream.nl 
    Connecting to host iperf.worldstream.nl, port 5201
    [  4] local XX.XX.XX.XX port 47514 connected to 93.190.136.17 port 5201
    [ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth       Retr  Cwnd
    [  4]   0.00-1.00   sec   108 MBytes   908 Mbits/sec    0   1.60 MBytes       
    [  4]   1.00-2.00   sec   112 MBytes   941 Mbits/sec    0   1.60 MBytes       
    [  4]   2.00-3.00   sec   112 MBytes   941 Mbits/sec    0   1.60 MBytes       
    [  4]   3.00-4.00   sec   112 MBytes   941 Mbits/sec    0   1.60 MBytes       
    [  4]   4.00-5.00   sec   112 MBytes   942 Mbits/sec    0   1.60 MBytes       
    [  4]   5.00-6.00   sec   112 MBytes   941 Mbits/sec    0   1.60 MBytes       
    [  4]   6.00-7.00   sec   112 MBytes   941 Mbits/sec    0   1.60 MBytes       
    [  4]   7.00-8.00   sec   112 MBytes   941 Mbits/sec    0   1.60 MBytes       
    [  4]   8.00-9.00   sec   112 MBytes   941 Mbits/sec    0   1.60 MBytes       
    [  4]   9.00-10.00  sec   112 MBytes   941 Mbits/sec    0   1.60 MBytes       
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth       Retr
    [  4]   0.00-10.00  sec  1.09 GBytes   938 Mbits/sec    0             sender
    [  4]   0.00-10.00  sec  1.09 GBytes   936 Mbits/sec                  receiver

iperf Done.

#iperf3 -c iperf.worldstream.nl  -R
    Connecting to host iperf.worldstream.nl, port 5201
    Reverse mode, remote host iperf.worldstream.nl is sending
    [  4] local XX.XX.XX.XX port 47518 connected to 93.190.136.17 port 5201
    [ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth
    [  4]   0.00-1.00   sec   109 MBytes   914 Mbits/sec                  
    [  4]   1.00-2.00   sec   112 MBytes   942 Mbits/sec                  
    [  4]   2.00-3.00   sec   112 MBytes   941 Mbits/sec                  
    [  4]   3.00-4.00   sec   112 MBytes   941 Mbits/sec                  
    [  4]   4.00-5.00   sec   112 MBytes   942 Mbits/sec                  
    [  4]   5.00-6.00   sec   112 MBytes   942 Mbits/sec                  
    [  4]   6.00-7.00   sec   112 MBytes   942 Mbits/sec                  
    [  4]   7.00-8.00   sec   112 MBytes   941 Mbits/sec                  
    [  4]   8.00-9.00   sec   112 MBytes   941 Mbits/sec                  
    [  4]   9.00-10.00  sec   112 MBytes   942 Mbits/sec                  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth       Retr
    [  4]   0.00-10.00  sec  1.10 GBytes   942 Mbits/sec    0             sender
    [  4]   0.00-10.00  sec  1.10 GBytes   941 Mbits/sec                  receiver

iperf Done.

Thanked by 2sgheghele eol
  • @Ympker, @Falzo yeah, im interested the NVMe one, seem pretty good deal. Thank you for the info!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @kzed said:
    @Ympker, @Falzo yeah, im interested the NVMe one, seem pretty good deal. Thank you for the info!

Np sure :)

• @kzed said:
    @Ympker, @Falzo yeah, im interested the NVMe one, seem pretty good deal. Thank you for the info!

If you go for it care to share a benchmark? :)

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited January 2019

Oh and if anyone doesn't know how to cancel with Webtropia (as they have a sorta weird cancellation system in their cp if I remember correctly).

You can (although they don't prefer it) write them an E-Mail to their E-Mail adress in the imprint. This is totally legal and effective according to german law.
    Also interesting @Falzo for any german hosting provider you have troubles with :)

"Die Kündigung ist eine sog. einseitige empfangsbedürftige Willenserklärung. Sie wird dann wirksam, wenn Sie dem Empfänger zugeht. Hierzu ist erforderlich, dass diese in den Empfangsbereich des Empfängers gelangt. Zum Bereich des Empfängers gehören die von ihm zur Entgegennahme von Erklärungen bereitgehaltenen Einrichtungen. Hierzu fällt grundsätzlich auch ein E-Mail-Postfach. Dies setzt aber voraus, dass der Empfänger das E-Mail-Postfach zur Entgegennahme von Willenserklärungen erkennbar bereitgestellt hat. Das bloße Bestehen einer E-Mail-Adresse reicht alleine nicht aus. Das Telemediengesetz sieht jedoch eine Impressumspflicht vor, die die Angabe der E-Mail-Adresse enthält. Deshalb besteht kein Problem, wenn der Unternehmer über eine Webseite verfügt, sodass die E-Mail als Empfangseinrichtung gegenüber dem Inhaber der Webseite gilt. Vor diesem Hintergrund reicht es aus, wenn die Kündigung an die im Impressum benannte E-Mail-Adresse übermittelt wird."

Google Translate:

"The termination is a so-called unilateral declaration of intent. It takes effect when it reaches the recipient. For this purpose, it is necessary that this reaches the receiving area of the receiver. The recipient's area includes the facilities he has provided for receiving declarations. In principle, this also includes an e-mail inbox. However, this presupposes that the recipient has provided the e-mail inbox for accepting declarations of intent. The mere existence of an e-mail address alone is not enough. However, the Telemedia Act provides for an imprint obligation, which includes the specification of the e-mail address. Therefore, there is no problem if the business owner has a website, so the e-mail is the receiving device to the owner of the website. Against this background, it is sufficient if the termination is transmitted to the e-mail address named in the imprint."

• Ympker said: Also interesting @Falzo for any german hosting provider you have troubles with

I never have troubles cancelling anything in germany ;-)

Thanked by 3Ympker t0m eol
  • @Falzo said:

Ympker said: Also interesting @Falzo for any german hosting provider you have troubles with

I never have troubles cancelling anything in germany ;-)

I didn't have too. Aside from Noez, NGZ Server and some shitty Minecraft Host. All was years ago though.

• Hey.
    How is peering from OVH DE to other countries? Is it near to RBX ?