Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Psychz and Quadranet Merging ? Or Just an Error by Psychz Sales Team ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Psychz and Quadranet Merging ? Or Just an Error by Psychz Sales Team ?

HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider
edited January 2019 in General

Check the screenshot shows Quadranet in Psychz Adwords Ad title when searching for quadranet in Google

https://ibb.co/54d5dwh

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Not at all, that's just targeted marketing.

Psychz is paying to be on there.

Francisco>

Thanked by 1softxnews
  • HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

It's understandable to pay for keyword quadranet but using it in AD Title ?

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited January 2019

Oh yeah I see that now... Odd

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2019

I think google adwords does this by some kind of automatic keyword placements or ads rewriting . if they manually doing this , then it is different thing

Thanked by 1dedipromo

I doubt if google rewrites the title, you have to specify the title when creating your AD

edited January 2019

HostEONS said: rewrites the title

I think google can add the targetted keywords in title but psychz maybe doing manually , only they will know

edited January 2019

@hostdare said:

HostEONS said: rewrites the title

I think google can add the targetted keywords in title but psychz maybe doing manually , only they will know

Not sure about it as haven't used ADWORDS since long time, but when i used it last few years ago, google was not changing AD Title or AD content, though they may change it for organic search.

In-fact no publisher can change content of an AD without consent of advertiser so i really doubt it

And if they are at all doing it they are infringing trademark and copyright laws as Quadranet is a trademark of Quadranet Inc. not Psychz

edited January 2019

I did not say without consent , you choose the keywords , then ads get autowritten based on visitor interest, I tried similar a few years ago but it may different thing though . I am not currently using adwords but I play with it when google send me free coupons :expressionless:

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

You can bid on anything and put any words you want in ad text until the company who owns the trademark disputes it with Google.

Quadranet would be able to dispute it with Google if their trademark weren't designated abandoned. So hosts competing with them in LA... feel free to use their brand name in your ads lol

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Forgot to add: http://tmsearch.uspto.gov

Thanked by 2Daniel15 coreflux
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Total clickbait title. I'm surprised I didn't get rickrolled.

Thanked by 1inklight
  • Hetzner.

Thanked by 1eol
  • dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Hi Guys, I can confirm we are not associated with Psychz.

Good guys over there, with a mission. Let them have a chance :)

Thanked by 1SCAM_AlphaRacks
  • this is google ads man:
    http://prntscr.com/m8624v

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@jure12 said:
    this is google ads man:

This is also LET - you can't expect much from LET members, full of trolls.

Is anyone interested in creating a gofundme account for LET? With that money, LET uses it for mass production of wooden branded LET spoons. And then for anyone who loves to stir up some drama receives one, shipping included. I'll match the first ten donations.

• @jure12 said:
    this is google ads man:

It's not about ads or not. It's about a company using another company name.

• I'm pretty sure Google Adsense has a function that puts what ever is in the query string into the search hits title.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • It's a conspiracy, maaaaan.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @jefflin555 said:
    I'm pretty sure Google Adsense has a function that puts what ever is in the query string into the search hits title.

Exactly! Google puts advertisements of the people who paid the money to be in the first place in the key words.

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

I think Psychz has done this campaign especially to get quadranet clients. Even if there was an option to retrieve the search string of someone and put it as an advertisement title of the company doing the ad, it's not even identical.

The user has searched for "quadranet", the website title of quadranet is "QuadraNet", but the ad shows "Quadranet". Meaning it should have manually been written for that specific ad. Probably Psychz guys have created a small campaign just for this with a limited budget, it's not an automation by google.

[Correct me if you think otherwise]