Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What type of games server you use !
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What type of games server you use !

My gaming days gone since 10 years or so , last online PC game I played were CS 1.5 and CS source , that's it . that time I was playing on server that's holds 20'ish players online ,
when I checked the game files I found server host executable file allows me to host the game on my PC (sure I didn't do it) .

I have couple Linux VPS's , if I want to create server for some popular game do I need to run it via wine/mono . or their is betters ways !

Comments

• vserversitevserversite Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2019

Hi,

we use LinuxGSM. With this You can setup multiple Gameserver at server. The install is done in few minutes

• @vserversite said:
    Hi,

we use LinuxGSM. With this You can setup multiple Gameserver at server. The install is done in few minutes

+1

• vserversitevserversite Member, Host Rep

The thing what left in linuxgsm is an gui, for maps and other.

• inklightinklight Member
    edited January 2019

@vserversite said:
    Hi,

Thanks , the list list looks good , but missing some titles , I'll give it try soon , and see how's thing goes .

• eoleol Member

Better way is Linux native and open source (if possible).
    On a dedicated server of course.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

You need to pick stud hamsters for 24 hours spinning.

That's the most important part.

Thanked by 1eol
  • eol said: Better way is Linux native and open source (if possible).

do you have suggesting for popular game !
    @deank as long the end is not nigh yet , the hamster will live happy

• eoleol Member

@inklight said:

eol said: Better way is Linux native and open source (if possible).

do you have suggesting for popular game !

Didn't play for years, no idea what's popular now.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited January 2019

Tetris is the best game.

Thanked by 2eol SteveMC
  • eoleol Member

@deank said:
    Tetris is the best game.

Or the 3D variant, Blockout.

• I was never huge into gaming but I did enjoy playing the original Call of Duty multiplayer. Custom Sniper maps.

• deank said: Tetris is the best game

honesty I miss this days games were so simple and we were happy to play it . @eol me too CS 1.6 is last online game I remember , I guess PUBG is on the trend now days +fortnight I'll do more checking and ill start with one game .

Thanked by 1eol
  • pikepike Veteran

garrysmod

• I'm on Counter-Strike 1.6 to this day, the only game I can never get bored of. Obviously not nearly as big as it was back in the day, but there actually is a lot of people still playing it.

• I've used Opengamepanel previously when I hosted game servers across the world, worked for us perfectly.

• I am too old now, but I played a lot Quake III Arena, and enjoyed its revival with their web browser based version: Quake Live.

• eoleol Member

Me too, but I switched to free and opensource Nexuiz/Xonotic later on.

Thanked by 1SteveMC
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Games servers I actively support:

• Mount & Blade Warband (+ mods) (uses wine)
    • Holdfast Nations at War (uses wine)
    • ARK Survival Evoloved

Game servers I have previously hosted:

• Day of Defeat Source
    • Counter Strike Source
    • Counter Strike Global Offensive
    • Garry's Mod
    • Team Fortress 2

The servers I currently host are using Pterodactyl panel with custom modules I developed to support the game servers (warband and holdfast). Only servers not hosted in a panel is the Ark server which uses ark-server-tools.

Thanked by 1inklight
  • Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

I use game panel GameAP for CS:S v34 servers.

• @deank said:
    Tetris is the best game.

Columns.

Come fight me bro.

Thanked by 3SteveMC eol bakageta
  • @Letzien said:
    Columns.

Come fight me bro.

I defy you at Puyo Puyo / Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.

• @SteveMC said:
    I defy you at Puyo Puyo / Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.

Dr. Mario?

Thanked by 1SteveMC
  • @Letzien said:
    Dr. Mario?

I am a big fan of all Tetris-like games, but for some reasons, I always had a hard time with Dr. Mario. To me, the best ever Tetris-like, is Puyo Puyo, which was westernized as "Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine", which is an evolution of Columns.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @SteveMC said:

@Letzien said:
    Dr. Mario?

I am a big fan of all Tetris-like games, but for some reasons, I always had a hard time with Dr. Mario. To me, the best ever Tetris-like, is Puyo Puyo, which was westernized as "Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine", which is an evolution of Columns.

Dr. Mario is pretty close to Puyo Puyo, only incredibly simplified. I really loved Columns, and still doo. Tetris was always a weaker option because although you had more shapes, all you had to do was line them up in a row.

• eoleol Member

@Letzien said:

@SteveMC said:

@Letzien said:
    Dr. Mario?

Dr. Mario is pretty close to Puyo Puyo, only incredibly simplified. I really loved Columns, and still doo. Tetris was always a weaker option because although you had more shapes, all you had to do was line them up in a row.

There is still the factor of speed (and input lag).

• @eol said:

@Letzien said:

@SteveMC said:

@Letzien said:
    Dr. Mario?

There is still the factor of speed (and input lag).

https://www.play.vg/games/181-Columns.html

Thanked by 2eol SteveMC