Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can anyone Recommend a Web Design Guru?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can anyone Recommend a Web Design Guru?

Hi All,

Firstly, I hope everyone had a fab festive period.

Secondly, i'm looking to find a freelance web designer that is preferably located in the UK but i'm struggling to find someone with a decent portfolio.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Comments

• eoleol Member

>

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Would love to get you sorted, i own a digital agency which also provides custom web designs as a service. Not to mention, i myself am a front end developer / web designer.

We do full white-label work(no design by tag or such), if you want to check some work. Check for ‘lowendhost’ at WHMCS marketplace.

Regards, Armand

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • There are so many fake portfolios around that you should not even bother checking them.
    Specially on freelancer websites, where you're probably looking at.

Here is my suggestion, engage with freelancers and talk with them, gauge their answers.

What to look for.

• How they discuss the project with you. As in what question they put forward and how detailed they answer yours. The good one will discuss an approach, at least a bird-eye view of one. And they'll tell you why.
    • Too agreeable without conditions. If the freelancers says Yes to just about everything, then chances are that his objective is solely to lock you in. The excuses of how its not possible, or that it will take more time and $$$ will come later. Ditch that freelancer.
    • Promising the moon. If they start promising you stuff like "I'll get you in the 1st spot on Google" or "It will quadruple your sells of men diapers". Yeah... run.
    Thanked by 1MTUser2012
  • Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2019

You after design or development work?

I realise you said design guru but just checking ;)

• @404error said:
    There are so many fake portfolios around that you should not even bother checking them.

Here is my suggestion, engage with freelancers and talk with them, gauge their answers.

What to look for.

• How they discuss the project with you. As in what question they put forward and how detailed they answer yours. The good one will discuss an approach, at least a bird-eye view of one. And they'll tell you why.
    • Too agreeable without conditions. If the freelancers says Yes to just about everything, then chances are that his objective is solely to lock you in. The excuses of how its not possible, or that it will take more time and $$$ will come later. Ditch that freelancer.
    • Promising the moon. If they start promising you stuff like "I'll get you in the 1st spot on Google" or "It will quadruple your sells of men diapers". Yeah... run.

Waaait.. so going with Mzunguhosting & a freelancer that promises me #1 spot on Google will not make my site most popular in the world?! :open_mouth:

On a more serious note, I think what @404error suggested is actually some good advice you should stick to. Trying out @armandorg agency could be worth a try, too. Nice guy :)

• It really boils down to what it is that you need built. A good idea would be to look at some websites you like and often there will be a link at the bottom to the person who made the site.

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here, but my crystal ball tells me you might be looking for someone to design a hosting company site for whmcs etc?

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited January 2019

@404error said:
    There are so many fake portfolios around that you should not even bother checking them.

What to look for.

You forgot to add :

• Decent English. I once hire a guy, because I have limited time and very busy at a time. I Though he knows what I want, what I need. In the end I am hand-holding him trough the project. To make it worse, I am not even using his work. I ended up paying him, delete his work, and redo the project all by myself.

If you want something done right, do it yourself
    [ Reverse Flash ]

• I would hands down recommend you reach out to @Harzem :)

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @QuadraNet_Adam said:
    I would hands down recommend you reach out to @Harzem :)

+1 for @Harzem

• JerryHouJerryHou Member
    edited January 2019

@2014 was posting some artwork before Xmas, but not sure where he is located.

• I recommend @imok. He does a great work as a web designer, not in UK unfortunately.

Thanked by 1eol
  • eoleol Member

@imok said:
    I recommend @imok. He does a great work as a web designer, not in UK unfortunately.

Thanked by 1imok
  • We're working with @armandorg at the moment!

Thanked by 1armandorg