Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Review] Cloudxtiny - Scam or a very shady provider. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Review] Cloudxtiny - Scam or a very shady provider.

Comments

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

I am not trying to scam anyone. I have refunded the OP and he can continue to use the service until the next billing period or cancel it.

I hope we can draw a line under the sand for this.

thanks

Thanked by 1eol
  • shaifulronishaifulroni Member
    edited January 2019

@solaire
    The emails are a javascript popup. The only incremental value I've found in the source code is this -
    https://i.imgur.com/zg4W7gx.png
    Probably this is the id since the last received email id is similar to this value.

Edit 1: Seems some people have received the email.
    Edit 2: Got a refund mail. Haven't got money on my account yet. I'll wait for it.

• The plot thickens...

Has anyone else except @brueggus received the same e-mail?

• wtfcookwtfcook Member
    edited January 2019

@shaifulroni said:
    The emails are a javascript popup. The only incremental value I've found in the source code is this -
    Probably this is the id since the last received email id is similar to this value.

Looking pretty suspect. @brueggus can you get the same kind of screenshot.

• June's ID is greater than the first email from July (by 12520); whereas there's only a difference of 420 between the 2 ID for July...

@shaifulroni can you check the ID of the latest email you've received? Should be pretty close to 186609

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Yeah you could do it directly in the database I suppose but what a pita, I seriously doubt anyone would go to those lengths.

• eoleol Member

@hostdare said:

eol said: eol

not everybody is Indian and cannot understand that meme but it is popular in India

Yeah, I know.
    I thought the word scam would be sufficient.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • @shaifulroni said:
    @solaire

Edit 1: Seems some people have received the email.
    Edit 2: Got a refund mail. Haven't got money on my account yet. I'll wait for it.

Yeah, that should be the ID I was referring to. Judging by the ID, the mail seems to have been added at a later date.

• Yeah. These are the new emails. The marked email is the one I got in the morning (Ticket reply).
    https://i.imgur.com/IFC8eFQ.png

So he definitely pushed the email first, then replied to my ticket.

• That's so sad.

• @shaifulroni said:
    Yeah. These are the new emails. The marked email is the one I got in the morning (Ticket reply).
    https://i.imgur.com/IFC8eFQ.png

So he definitely pushed the email first, then replied to my ticket.

Times work out too.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2019

@AnthonySmith said:
    Yeah you could do it directly in the database I suppose but what a pita, I seriously doubt anyone would go to those lengths.

Certainly looks like they did. Surprising for such a small amount of money, though I suppose volumedrive did an even worse cover up on that $20k rip off they pulled over on WHT. They listed more IP addresses than they announce for a single server invoice... So this is probably just scammers being scammers (stupid).

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited January 2019

wtfcook said: Looking pretty suspect. @brueggus can you get the same kind of screenshot.

My pleasure.

Let the drama begin!

Thanked by 1eol
  • wtfcookwtfcook Member
    edited January 2019

Well, would need more input from other users looks like. Maybe @t0m or @dontknow could post similar.

• Looks like the email was sent, but not to all concerned customers.

@CloudxtnyHost should have admitted it instead of trying to (badly) hide the mistake

• t0mt0m Member

@wtfcook said:
    Well, would need more input from other users looks like. Maybe @t0m or @dontknow could post similar.

Just logged in and checked the sent e-mails page; the price increase e-mail isn’t there at all in my case, so I cannot check ID’s.

Thanked by 1eol
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@t0m said:
    Just logged in and checked the sent e-mails page; the price increase e-mail isn’t there at all in my case, so I cannot check ID’s.

Please screenshot before they might potentially change the primary key value of all rows.

Thanked by 1eol
  • Pretty sure in databse you could edit email sent date etc but honestly noone cba to do that, I assume?

Thanked by 1armandorg
  • @Ympker said:
    Pretty sure in databse you could edit email sent date etc but honestly noone cba to do that, I assume?

Judging by this thread, your assumptions are dead wrong. Someone actually did just that.

• @brueggus said:
    FWIW, this is the email I got back in June:

Just to be sure, could you open the source of the email, and show us the Received: header? It will contain the timestamp the email was received by your mail service.

• Holy shit, there's a scam and then there's this. I really hope this isn't true (I never like seeing scams), but so far its looking very bad for CloudxTiny.

They put in some effort with this one though rather than the usual radio silence and running away. Easier to just refund and be done with it if you're trying to be a reputable brand though.

Trust me, you just lost more than £8/year from this.

• @lowendboi said:

@brueggus said:

Just to be sure, could you open the source of the email, and show us the Received: header? It will contain the timestamp the email was received by your mail service.

Well, it says Thu, 14 Jun 2018 23:22:39 +0000

Thanked by 2lowendboi eol
  • @sanvit said:

@lowendboi said:

@brueggus said:

Well, it says Thu, 14 Jun 2018 23:22:39 +0000

The thick plottens. Apparently they did send an email to (some) customers, regardless whether it was on time or not according to the ToS.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • Looks like it was set up to scam certain customers only? A very elaborate scam this one.

Thanked by 1eol
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Guys this host needs to be banned. Tried to produce evidence. Messed up with the incremental ids... @Mods.

Thanked by 2eol dontknow
  • Honestly, I don't know who to trust now in this case. The provider is definitely fishy, but so far only evidence from @shaifulroni is showing the discrepancies. Maybe the provider failed to send out the email to all affected customers (backdating the email is still an incredibly scammy practice), or maybe the OP has something to hide.

• eoleol Member
    edited January 2019

@lowendboi said:
    Honestly, I don't know who to trust now in this case. The provider is definitely fishy, but so far only evidence from @shaifulroni is showing the discrepancies. Maybe the provider failed to send out the email to all affected customers (backdating the email is still an incredibly scammy practice), or maybe the OP has something to hide.

To me it rather looks like the provhider has something to hide.

EDIT:
    Typo.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @eol said:

@lowendboi said:
    Honestly, I don't know who to trust now in this case. The provider is definitely fishy, but so far only evidence from @shaifulroni is showing the discrepancies. Maybe the provider failed to send out the email to all affected customers (backdating the email is still an incredibly scammy practice), or maybe the OP has something to hide.

To me it rather looks like the provhider has something to hide.

EDIT:
    Typo.

Yeah trying to rip off LET members around this time of this year is pretty bad. The Christmas scammer. Shame on you.

Thanked by 2eol MikePT