Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$10 or less PBX VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$10 or less PBX VPS?

Looking for a $10 a year or hopefully less for a PBX VPS? Preferably one with a template installer? Was using HiFormance but of DEADPOOL happened.

Thanks! Do have an AlphaRacks account but I cant get it to install correctly even with there own template.

Comments

• good luck with your budget

Thanked by 3eol dedotatedwam netomx
  • tester4tester4 Member
    edited December 2018

Show me how to set one up and I'll pay for a server for us to use :)

• @smile said:
    good luck with your budget

I've ran a PBX for a few years for $10 and under..

It doesnt take much. 20GB HDD max, 512mb ram OpenVZ even works with some.

• smilesmile Member
    edited December 2018

@HuntersPad said:

@smile said:

if you are referring to hiformance for those years; they are deadpool.
    I suppose you can try virmach.

• @smile said:

@HuntersPad said:

@smile said:

if you are referring to hiformance for those years; they are deadpool.

Nope.. Hiformance for only 2 months until now

• I have a $7/y VPS with VirMach (256M ram/15G SSD/OVZ) if you want it, I can transfer it to you. It seems they discontinued the line (Budget+).

It's in Frankfurt though, since ping should be an issue when using PBX?

If you want it, you can PM me.

• Wishosting OpenVZ Mini?

• You can run a private pbx on any VPS even 128MB RAM , just install by yourself and run.
    NAT VPS are cheaper option, 20 ports can be enough.

(If the resources you need are small it can also be totally free, if you like to experiment)

• i have one on inception hosting 10 e per year BF deal , working flawless , they have freeepbx iso.

• @HuntersPad said:
    Looking for a $10 a year or hopefully less for a PBX VPS? Preferably one with a template installer? Was using HiFormance but of DEADPOOL happened.

Thanks! Do have an AlphaRacks account but I cant get it to install correctly even with there own template.

What kind of template are you wanting to use/were you using?

You can run Asterisk on a 128MB RAM OpenVZ VPS easily if you don't need GUI, don't use @VirMach 128MB VPS as they kept on suspending my VPS with stupid excuses when I was running a VPS on it, any other host should be OK.

• I use Incredible PBX 13. I need a GUI.

• I'm actually looking at setting one up myself with pbxinaflash but it's a full OS install thus needs a KVM, but it made me wonder if the same can be achieved with a cheaper less resource openvz?

• Maybe ask some NAT providers to forward PBX ports for extra $$s? Pinging @Cam @AnthonySmith @mikho

Thanked by 1Cam
  • We can provision you a domain on one of our multi-tennant PBX platforms for that price, which had the added bonus that the backend system is fully managed.

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited December 2018

@dahartigan said:
    I'm actually looking at setting one up myself with pbxinaflash but it's a full OS install thus needs a KVM, but it made me wonder if the same can be achieved with a cheaper less resource openvz?

I use this in OpenVZ for the past year or so-http://nerdvittles.com/?p=23948

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @HuntersPad said:

@dahartigan said:
    I'm actually looking at setting one up myself with pbxinaflash but it's a full OS install thus needs a KVM, but it made me wonder if the same can be achieved with a cheaper less resource openvz?

Thanks for that link! :)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Why pbx? What are your uses? I'm curious

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2018

sanvit said: Maybe ask some NAT providers to forward PBX ports for extra $$s? Pinging @Cam @AnthonySmith @mikho

I believe I set most/all of the coupons here: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/154369/big-stupid-blow-out-deals-for-the-end-of-the-year-merry-christmas-savings/p1 to expire in 2019 so you can get a non-NAT VPS for under $10.00 p/year.

• @netomx said:

Apologies if this is derailing, I plan to use mine for fun and something different. My ISP comes with voip that I can use as a trunk with free calls so I want to set it up so my family and friends can use it. Can have multiple simultaneous calls in and out on mine which is the real reason I want to get one set up. Hopefully this inspires someone else to try it.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @netomx said:

Mostly for the hold music/follow me. Ringback tone. Mostly just host 1 number which a mobile phone forwards to. So callers hear music and easy to manage the voicemails.

So its sort of overkill. 3cx works as well and free BUT each call the call is picked up for MOH while Asterisk treats MOH as a ring so call is not picked up until voicemail.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @dot_txt said:
    We can provision you a domain on one of our multi-tennant PBX platforms for that price, which had the added bonus that the backend system is fully managed.

hi, i would like more details of the offer, what pbx system are you running etc..?

• @HuntersPad said:

@dahartigan said:

They recommend 1GB RAM. Not sure if that's tied to performance or for minimum compiling requirements. Something to be aware of when going super budget.

Look for an ImpactVPS VDR Yearly for $12/yr with 1GB and 15GB SSD.

• I forgot about impactvps

• @asterisk14 At $10/year, it would be a domain on a multi-tenant Freeswitch backed system, which would either FusionPBX or our in-house platform. We can also offer hosting and flat rate SIP trunking for any other PBX platform, including FreePBX, 3CX, etc if needed.

• VeespVeesp Member, Host Rep

Hi @HuntersPad! If our basing will meet your needs, please, welcome KVM SSD VPS https://veesp.com/en/products/vps/linux-ssd

• @dot_txt said:
    We can provision you a domain on one of our multi-tennant PBX platforms for that price, which had the added bonus that the backend system is fully managed.

This sounds really good! Does your inhouse system have a simular setup like FreePBX with the Follow me feature? I need music to play instead of a ring without the call being picked up to play the music. Thanks!