Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NFP Hosting Review [2 weeks] OpenVZ VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NFP Hosting Review [2 weeks] OpenVZ VPS

armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

https://lowendbox.com/blog/nfp-hosting-march-madness-deals-in-los-angeles-and-new-york-starting-1-mo/

This post, probably everyone in here saw it, was actually pretty nice! Guess it was just another "trap".

These guys "NFP Hosting", opened up their new location aswell in buffalo, so i gave it a try. First they were amazing, the VPS speed was pretty nice not to mention the support was superb and extreemly fast. Everything was nice since 1 week ago when the first slow connectivity in the VPS happened, first i was like it's the application i have installed fault's as it was custom, i talked to the developer and he said its minimized and there is in no way the application is slowing down the VPS. So i contacted support and told them any issues with the datacenter or whatsoever? They said yes, we are having issues and it will be fixed asap. I was like okay, back to normal, a day later happened again. I contact them and they said they will fix it, again and again every day till now. My VPS needed around 21 seconds to open a static landing page. I told them if this was a permanent thing and in no way i would have made a production site in that VPS, they were kind enough to tell me to migrate me to another node, i was like okay.

The new node is 2x times slower and i can watch a netflix serie in the meantime while it opens my vesta control panel. Honestly.

I paid 20 bucks. i wish i donated them to a charity instead.

Anyways this review is for their VPS and not support. Their support is fast, helpful[somehow] and friendly. But what do you need it when you can't have a proper service?

Regards, Armand.

Comments

• Hey, if you cached the site you could turn those 42 seconds into maybe like 41 seconds instead. Look at the bright side.

• donlidonli Member

@armandorg wrote:

have made a production site in that VPS,

NFPhosting is not the type of provider you use for a production site.

Thanked by 2armandorg DaveKoz
  • armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2018

@YokedEgg said:
    Hey, if you cached the site you could turn those 42 seconds into maybe like 41 seconds instead. Look at the bright side.

How did i not think of this before!

Thanked by 1YokedEgg
  • elliotcelliotc Member
    edited April 2018

I saw that type of reviews monthly maybe weekly.

EDIT:Feeling a bit rude.

Thanked by 1armandorg
  • It took my cpanel dns only install 3 hours, only to have the server crash. At that point I decided I paid $10 for a idle server lol

• deankdeank Member, Troll

2 weeks too short. Gonna wait for 2 years review.

@deank said:
    2 weeks too short. Gonna wait for 2 years review.

I’ll hit you back in 2 years again. Let me just put this VPS payment automatic.

• NY location is horrible most of the time. LA I haven't had too many issues with but it's definitely not the fastest either. It feels insanely oversubscribed and with HDDs that's never a good thing, the IO is horrible. You get what you pay for. A Pi-hole install isn't working as poorly as I thought so maybe that's a win?

• @hacktek said:
    NY location is horrible most of the time. LA I haven't had too many issues with but it's definitely not the fastest either. It feels insanely oversubscribed and with HDDs that's never a good thing, the IO is horrible. You get what you pay for. A Pi-hole install isn't working as poorly as I thought so maybe that's a win?

Then again, it was designed to run on weak ARM cores, so...

• @FlamesRunner said:

@hacktek said:
    NY location is horrible most of the time. LA I haven't had too many issues with but it's definitely not the fastest either. It feels insanely oversubscribed and with HDDs that's never a good thing, the IO is horrible. You get what you pay for. A Pi-hole install isn't working as poorly as I thought so maybe that's a win?

Then again, it was designed to run on weak ARM cores, so...

lol yeah but whatever, it works, could have easily been $18 down the drain, at least they're doing something now rather than idling

• NFP hosting is terrible slow, I do not recommend, all web pages are penalized by GOOGLE because of slow hosting....Back up a small SQL file takes 4-5 minutes....No no really this is not a hosting

• These guys fooled me too, but in an even worse way. They promised that if I bought an offer they sent to me they would have put my Windows OS up, so I bought a license of Windows Server and TA-DAM! They told me "no, this can only be OpenVZ virt." so they refused to move me to their KVM platform and left me with a lot of bucks less and no VPS. Scammers, nothing else.

• saibalsaibal Member

@tranfolanti said:
    These guys fooled me too, but in an even worse way. They promised that if I bought an offer they sent to me they would have put my Windows OS up, so I bought a license of Windows Server and TA-DAM! They told me "no, this can only be OpenVZ virt." so they refused to move me to their KVM platform and left me with a lot of bucks less and no VPS. Scammers, nothing else.

If you haven't used the Windows license, maybe you can call up MS and ask for a store credit. You maybe severely limited by the stuff available in the MS store though.

• @saibal said:
    If you haven't used the Windows license, maybe you can call up MS and ask for a store credit. You maybe severely limited by the stuff available in the MS store though.

I was out of the money-back time when it became clear they were fooling me.
    I am thinking to ask to KVM dealers if they will let me put my own license in exchange of a discount. Hoping they won't sell me an OpenVZ again xD

• I think 2 years is fine.

• @Megalili said:
    I think 2 years is fine.

Thank you for your really insightful comments.

• I order a reseller plan (100 gb), server (citrus) is always overload +50, backup system doesn´t works, ftp and mysql fail all the time. Reply of support is always the same

"Hello,

We are working on this issue. It will be resolved asap,

Thank you!

Jamie Donati"

the worst service

• ChuckChuck Member

@infracom2005 said:
    I order a reseller plan (100 gb), server (citrus) is always overload +50, backup system doesn´t works, ftp and mysql fail all the time. Reply of support is always the same

"Hello,

Thank you!

Jamie Donati"

the worst service

reseller plan couldn't reselling lol?

• donlidonli Member
    edited July 2018

@infracom2005 said:

Reply of support is always the same

ASAP = As Slowly As Possible.

Thanked by 2vovler Shazan
  • @donli said:

@infracom2005 said:

Reply of support is always the same

ASAP = As Slowly As Possible.

2 weeks with the same reply!

• Never buy hosting from NFPHOSTING.COM, you will be truly scammed. Server is every day down, finally I wanted to move my sites, but I am unable to make backup PHPMYADMIN. If you submit ticket only auto answer you receive. Listen negative reviews of peoples

Thanked by 1DaveKoz

@mrtsoftware said:
    Never buy hosting from NFPHOSTING.COM, you will be truly scammed. Server is every day down, finally I wanted to move my sites, but I am unable to make backup PHPMYADMIN. If you submit ticket only auto answer you receive. Listen negative reviews of peoples

Tell us something we already don't know.. :|

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

mrtsoftware said: Never buy hosting from NFPHOSTING.COM, you will be truly scammed. Server is every day down, finally I wanted to move my sites, but I am unable to make backup PHPMYADMIN. If you submit ticket only auto answer you receive. Listen negative reviews of peoples

Hopefully you will take your own advice in the future... this is a 6 month old post.

This discussion has been closed.