Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is CentOS Panel Best Free Panel Alternative to Cpanel?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

if we compare it with webmin/virtualmin too? which one is better?

Comments

• why no answer?
    i couldnt compare centos web panel with virtualmin or cpanel.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

umm!!!

infact there are many like that

you may also look into vestacp

but when you ask about the cpanel alternative, i doubt.

but just to mention, there would be a few things even in the free panels which cpanel would lack, so actually, you may look for what suits your need

• @agentmishra said:
    umm!!!

infact there are many like that

you may also look into vestacp

but when you ask about the cpanel alternative, i doubt.

but just to mention, there would be a few things even in the free panels which cpanel would lack, so actually, you may look for what suits your need

is cwp gives csf for free? or virtualmin gives it?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2018

From my personal experience the two control panes are best for commercial use: cPanel and Plesk
    As for personal usage is webmin as the for the rest are shite or with plenty of security issues!

Thanked by 1sucre13
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited October 2018

@folom said:
    why no answer?

Hello and welcome to Lowend Helpdesk,
    Of course we value your time and are working for free around the clock to make sure your questions are answered promptly.
    A qualified outsourced agent will be with you shortly.
    Please be patient until @deank @DEAR MR. / MRS. guy arrive.

In the meantime make sure you have made yourself familar with http://lmgtfy.com/?q=centos+webpanel+features .

Kind regards

Thanked by 2FHR Wolveix
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

The end has become nigh.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • cPanel rulz.

But if you must, have look at Cyberpanel, too.

• @Ympker said:

@folom said:
    why no answer?

Of course we value your time and are working for free around the clock to make sure your questions are answered promptly.

In the meantime make sure you have made yourself familar with http://lmgtfy.com/?q=centos+webpanel+features .

Kind regards

if we install cpanel to server then wont need any management team?

• webmin is my choice

VestaCP is my choice.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • virtualmin is my choice

• @folom said:

@Ympker said:

@folom said:
    why no answer?

Kind regards

if we install cpanel to server then wont need any management team?

You still need to secure your server.

• deank said: VestaCP is my choice.

it smells russia!

• Who the fuck is this guy? My morning time is full of his questions

He once attempted to use LET as his personal support team. That failed, so he is coming up with another.

• There is no free alternative that can provide the same assurance, so I would suggest either to pay for Plesk or Cpanel as I would argue that they're the best solution in terms of hosting panels.

• I am using cwp more than 2 years. It's really good. cPanel or plesk users give a chance to cwp.

• nitramoneitonitramoneito Member
    edited October 2018

Hello Every, I am writing a response with regards to centos web panel(cwp) as an insider, and to the platform.

Yes, i would say cwp is the best alternative to cpanel.
    it has a good overall design for usage, has a minimum cost of acquisition as well as operation.
    First and foremost, the system is undergoing major overhauls,these includes;
    1)A re-build of the entire Web server to be more versatile and improved performance, this will add ruby, Nodejs, python tomcat and the likes
    2) Changes to the current website, as well as its documentations page.
    3) A redesign of the entire user interface to a more modern theme.
    4) An introduction of a modules marketplace to enhance its functionalities including adding themes, integration tools and the likes.
    5) A rebuild of its entire Mail system, this includes a new webmail interface that feels like the the new user panel.
    etc.
    The Above mentioned items are the things that cwp is making to make it even more competitive.

**SECURITY**

As far as security is concerned, alot of considerations and security measures have been taken into considerations to safeguard the system and all its tools.

**COST**

When it comes to cost, the system has a fairly simple cost. The system is and will always be free, for most part and especially for personal use. A pro version is available as a paid option which will give access to the new marketplace. the payment is mainly for support which you can use a one time support ticket, or can choose to have a monthly support plan.

==PERFORMANCE==

The system works and operates very well even in minimum server resources.
    it also has several webserver configurations, including using lightspeed, nginx, varninsh, and different available combinations for performance boost.
    Nginx & Varnish & Apache ([Varnish Conf])
    Additional Options: php-cgi/suphp, nginx/php-fpm, apache/php-fpm

Nginx & Varnish
    Additional Options: nginx/php-fpm, proxy

Nginx & Apache
    Additional Options: php-cgi/suphp, nginx/php-fpm, apache/php-fpm, proxy

**INTEGRATION & BILLING**

As mentioned before we are introducing a modules marketplace.
    the system already integrates well with WHMCS for billing , so you should be able to use for web hosting business.

follow twitter for more details and updates on the development.
    https://twitter.com/controlwebpanel

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • @gunix said:
    I am using cwp more than 2 years. It's really good. cPanel or plesk users give a chance to cwp.

Thank you for using cwp. There is more coming that i am sure you will love.

• @Prime404 said:
    There is no free alternative that can provide the same assurance, so I would suggest either to pay for Plesk or Cpanel as I would argue that they're the best solution in terms of hosting panels.

I happen to disagree with that. cwp will offer assurance as a free solution with features and functions that rival paid versions. The only catch is you have to pay for support if needed, as that is how we are able to maintain its development.
    cwp hopes to bethe best solution for web hosting business while having the advantage of being free. If you are a good systems admin, then you should handle most of the deployment and usage of cwp. in that case you can donate if the product is good for you.

• folomfolom Member
    edited October 2018

@nitramoneito said:

@Prime404 said:
    There is no free alternative that can provide the same assurance, so I would suggest either to pay for Plesk or Cpanel as I would argue that they're the best solution in terms of hosting panels.

I happen to disagree with that. cwp will offer assurance as a free solution with features and functions that rival paid versions. The only catch is you have to pay for support if needed, as that is how we are able to maintain its development.
    cwp hopes to bethe best solution for web hosting business while having the advantage of being free. If you are a good systems admin, then you should handle most of the deployment and usage of cwp. in that case you can donate if the product is good for you.

is cwp provides letsencrypt and csf firewall?
    yes it is

what if we need free support?

whats the different between pro and free vers.?

• The product in itself is free, how can you get free support for a free product.
    support for cwp is paid, unless you are on a support plan.
    The difference between the free and support version is access to the marketplace. which will allow you to add custom themes, as well as other modules for integrations.

The system offers ssl via autossl, and has no issue limits, also the system has CSF firewll as well as Mod security and other security functionalities.

• _MS__MS_ Member
    edited October 2018

@nitramoneito said:
    follow twitter for more details and updates on the development.
    https://twitter.com/controlwebpanel

So what does CWP stand for? Control WebPanel or CentOS Web Panel?

The twitter page title of the link shared by you is Control WebPanel, and the URL on that page is https://control-webpanel.com, which redirects to https://centos-webpanel.com/

I remember CWP as CentOS Web Panel? Has the name changed to Control WebPanel?

This discussion has been closed.