Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is webuzo control panel good in security ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

is webuzo control panel good in security ?

mustafadentmustafadent Member
edited October 2018 in Help

Hi . I a I m currently using plesk and want to migrate to webuzo , because it's cheaper . Is it good in security ? anyone using webuzo?
can you suggest me any other cheap alternatives ?

Comments

• centos web panel is free. for security related in webuzo you can install other tools also.

Thanked by 1mustafadent
  • Webuzo is also free with less features than the premium version. From the same devs as softaculous and virtualizor.
    Never used it myself, but premium does come with csf.
    Other cheap alternatives
    cwp - free
    cyberpanel - free
    virtualmin - free|$6|$9 per month
    webmin - free

Thanked by 1mustafadent
  • @HostDoc said:
    Webuzo is also free with less features than the premium version. From the same devs as softaculous and virtualizor.
    Never used it myself, but premium does come with csf.
    Other cheap alternatives
    cwp - free
    cyberpanel - free
    virtualmin - free|$6|$9 per month
    webmin - free

Virtualmin == Webmin

Thanked by 1mustafadent
  • +1 for Centos Web Panel. If you want Pro only $10/yr

Thanked by 1mustafadent
  • I am using Webuzo Premium, and is similar to cPanel. Very easy to use the user interface, and comes with Softaculous premium. $2.5/m is the lowest premium you can find, i believe.

Thanked by 1mustafadent
  • OP is asking..."good in security"

• I recommend you use CWP. My clients have been using it for a long time. They didn't have a problem.

• @mustafadent said:
    Hi . I a I m currently using plesk and want to migrate to webuzo , because it's cheaper . Is it good in security ? anyone using webuzo?

InterWorx is free for 1 domain.

• @mustafadent said:

I don't remember ever hearing of any security issues relating to Webuzo or any of their products for the matter so up to now its all good.

Thanked by 1mustafadent
  • Virtualmin is the webhosting part of the Webmin+virtualmin suite (webmin is for historical reasons, the system administrator half of the panel)

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited October 2018

Webuzo is for long in the market and it is owned by softaculous, the brand that also has virtualizor. I have never heard anything on security issues about this panel, although their GUI and features are a litle outdated... Also, have in mind that webuzo is a single user control panel, so, you cannot have multiple users on it. And it is free, as long as you are OK with a minimal set of script in the included softaculous.

Webmin/Virtualmin (free) is excellent in features, security and flexibility, but it is not for a newbie or someone that do not have at least some good knowledge on server handling and management. If not, then, it can be both security and performance PIA if you try to tweak some things... Also, it is not intended for reselling hosting to clients. The best panel in my opinion, but not for everybody.

Interworx... Why? Are we back in the Millenium, but with a price more expensive than CPanel?

Centos Web Panel has not being heard for any security issue, but sometimes can be buggy, hunger in resources and a little messy with their GUI. Free, works only with Centos - Redhat and it is maintained from a rather small group of developers...

Cyberpanel: Still in development, free, not as feature rich as older solutions but evolving. The main maintainer is @cyberpersons I think, so, I don't know if there are any security audits about it. IIRC, there is not yet feature for clients/resellers. Also, do have in mind that it is an openlightspeed panel, not apache or nginx one...

If you are going to sell hosting to clients, then, just use CPanel/WHM with a vps license. It is not really expensive when used with a vps license (if you are going to install it on a dedicated server, just create a big vps with all the server's resources and install there CPanel with vps license that costs ~$14/m).

• @jvnadr said:
    Webuzo is for long in the market and it is owned by softaculous, the brand that also has virtualizor. I have never heard anything on security issues about this panel, although their GUI and features are a litle outdated... Also, have in mind that webuzo is a single user control panel, so, you cannot have multiple users on it. And it is free, as long as you are OK with a minimal set of script in the included softaculous.

Webmin/Virtualmin (free) is excellent in features, security and flexibility, but it is not for a newbie or someone that do not have at least some good knowledge on server handling and management. If not, then, it can be both security and performance PIA if you try to tweak some things... Also, it is not intended for reselling hosting to clients. The best panel in my opinion, but not for everybody.

Interworx... Why? Are we back in the Millenium, but with a price more expensive than CPanel?

Centos Web Panel has not being heard for any security issue, but sometimes can be buggy, hunger in resources and a little messy with their GUI. Free, works only with Centos - Redhat and it is maintained from a rather small group of developers...

Cyberpanel: Still in development, free, not as feature rich as older solutions but evolving. The main maintainer is @cyberpersons I think, so, I don't know if there are any security audits about it. IIRC, there is not yet feature for clients/resellers. Also, do have in mind that it is an openlightspeed panel, not apache or nginx one...

If you are going to sell hosting to clients, then, just use CPanel/WHM with a vps license. It is not really expensive when used with a vps license (if you are going to install it on a dedicated server, just create a big vps with all the server's resources and install there CPanel with vps license that costs ~$14/m).

If OP is going to sell hosting to clients. Better go with @Francisco or other reseller hosting provider. Cheaper, easier , securitier.

I have tried selling shared hosting with vestacp, centos web panel, kloxo, and other panel, including no panel cli. It's not really worth the trouble of setting up vps , install stuff , security stuff. Just buy $2.5 / month from @Francisco and sell it for $2 / month / client = Profit. Let @Francisco do the hard work for you.

• Left Webuzo for Serverpilot.

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

jvnadr said: Cyberpanel: Still in development, free, not as feature rich as older solutions but evolving. The main maintainer is @cyberpersons I think, so, I don't know if there are any security audits about it. IIRC, there is not yet feature for clients/resellers. Also, do have in mind that it is an openlightspeed panel, not apache or nginx one...

They have the reseller feature now. Also, They are supporting LiteSpeed Enterprise version from v 1.7.1 and They are selling CyberPanel Enterprise https://cyberpanel.net/cyberpanel-enterprise/

• @mhosting_in said:
    centos web panel is free. for security related in webuzo you can install other tools also.

what about webmin?

• @folom said:

@mhosting_in said:
    centos web panel is free. for security related in webuzo you can install other tools also.

what about webmin?

i never use webmin so i cannot talk about webmin. i used both centos web panel and webuzoa also.

• @mhosting_in said:

@folom said:

@mhosting_in said:

what about webmin?

i never use webmin so i cannot talk about webmin. i used both centos web panel and webuzoa also.

What's the letest update?

• @mhktanbir said:

@mhosting_in said:

@folom said:

@mhosting_in said:

what about webmin?

What's the letest update?

Why do you revive a 4 year old thread? Just start a new one with the same question.
    The prices and/or information may not be accurate anymore.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
This discussion has been closed.