Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap high bandwidth VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap high bandwidth VPS

Morning all,

I run a large radio which is load balanced over 2 online.net servers. We are expecting a big peak in listeners from November till early next year. We are looking to add 2 more servers to handle the extra 2/5k listeners. My only concern that buying 2 more servers from online.net is they may suspend my account due to high bandwidth and may class it as abuse.

I'm looking for a VPS anywhere in the EU with 1 Vcore / 1GB ram / 10GB HDD/SSD / with a 1Gbps port either unlimited or around 15TB as cheap as possible.

I was going to speak to a few companies asking if they would like to sponsor the 2 radio servers in return we would advertise their services but not sure if anyone would be interested.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• I highly doubt Online.net will suspend you for using too much bandwidth.

I have a server that's used close to 200TB in 3 months.

• @GTX said:
    Morning all,

I run a large radio which is load balanced over 2 online.net servers. We are expecting a big peak in listeners from November till early next year. We are looking to add 2 more servers to handle the extra 2/5k listeners. My only concern that buying 2 more servers from online.net is they may suspend my account due to high bandwidth and may class it as abuse.

I'm looking for a VPS anywhere in the EU with 1 Vcore / 1GB ram / 10GB HDD/SSD / with a 1Gbps port either unlimited or around 15TB as cheap as possible.

I was going to speak to a few companies asking if they would like to sponsor the 2 radio servers in return we would advertise their services but not sure if anyone would be interested.

Thanks in advance

Hetzner VPS fits your requirement.

• GTXGTX Member

Thanks Privacy,

Makes me feel a lot better about buying 2 more servers.

Zkyes, Do the servers have 1Gbps?

• @GTX said:
    Thanks Privacy,

If you are running something that will take up a lot of bandwidth, consider a dedicated server. When you are using a VPS, the bandwidth is shared among other people, and could cause issues when you start using too much.

Hetzner, OVH, and Online.net are big players in the dedicated server field and are who you should look into.

Recently, Hetzner started offering 1gbit unmetered and OVH doubled theirs. Online.net has offered 1gbits unmetered for a while.

Maybe you should also consider a CDN.

My $0.02

• Online.net contacts you if you constantly use more than the bandwidth your server is permitted to use.

• IMO, putting all your eggs in the same bag can be risky. I would look into Hetzner for the 2 extra servers.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @GTX said:
    Thanks Privacy,

Yeah their servers and their vps line come with 1gbps connectivity. The vps has bandwidth caps, the dedis are unmetered. Happy hunting.

• For 12,99€ you can get a 1Gbit no limit, 20GB ram, 1.4TB storage VPS from contabo

https://contabo.com/?show=vps&fbcid=2220

• smilesmile Member
    edited October 2018

haha. you worried about 15T. Meanwhile I used over 500T in the last month at hetzner>

@kalipus said:

For 12,99€ you can get a 1Gbit no limit, 20GB ram, 1.4TB storage VPS from contabo

https://contabo.com/?show=vps&fbcid=2220

noob. see fine print:
    Unlimited traffic: No additional costs due to traffic, you can use 100 Mbit/s without any bandwidth restrictions or throttling. (Only in case your server has an uplink faster than 100 Mbit/s: If average traffic consumption continuously exceeds 100 Mbit/s over a timespan of at least 9 days the connection is switched to 100 Mbit/s).

• Okey good to know master!