Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1Gbps server in Canada/Usa
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1Gbps server in Canada/Usa

I need a server with 25-50Gb SSD, less than 1GB ram, 5Tb Bandwith, and needs to be located in Canada or USA. The server must have a 1Gbps Guaranteed. What can I get for aproximately 20$ ?

Comments

• Tried Virmach & Host4fun wich both advertises themselves as 10Gbps servers ( even paid extra ), and got only 300 on speedtests.

• jobine23 said: 1Gbps Guaranteed. What can I get for aproximately 20$ ?

That says it all.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2018

your budget .. even you will not get cogent single homed for that price

• Bandwith is 2TB, 1gbps (shared).
    16$/Year
    Reff link : https://my.hostus.us/aff.php?aff=2274&pid=201&configoption[53]=225

• deankdeank Member, Troll

OP isn't looking for a shared port.

• I could go with a 1Gbps shared, but aslong it's not being raped 24/24, I need minimum 500 mbps.

• @jobine23 said:
    I could go with a 1Gbps shared, but aslong it's not being raped 24/24, I need minimum 500 mbps.

so you can rape it? :)

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Thus, OP is looking for a dedicated port.

• @krenken said:

@jobine23 said:
    I could go with a 1Gbps shared, but aslong it's not being raped 24/24, I need minimum 500 mbps.

The server will be used as a storage server for players to download on their first join. I won't rape it, I only need it to be fast.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@jobine23 said:
    Tried Virmach & Host4fun wich both advertises themselves as 10Gbps servers ( even paid extra ), and got only 300 on speedtests.

Please order our 1GB SSD plan ( I'll quote you for disk and bandwidth once you're satisfied ) Just order and open a ticket without paying. You can test our speeds and decide to stay / move on.

• freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider

Our VPS servers (https://freerangecloud.com/cart.php?gid=1) in Fremont and Vancouver have a (shared) 1gbps connection, looking glass here if you want to test download speeds: http://fmt.lg.freerangecloud.com/

• @jobine23 said:

@krenken said:

@jobine23 said:

The server will be used as a storage server for players to download on their first join. I won't rape it, I only need it to be fast.

Get an Object Storage like S3

• For static files or such, go with some storage even with bunny or DO or so on.. and pair with CDN.. you will have way better optimised speed.

• @jobine23 said:
    Tried Virmach & Host4fun wich both advertises themselves as 10Gbps servers ( even paid extra ), and got only 300 on speedtests.

A speedtest might not be conclusive enough. You might get only 300 per connection, but might still be able to max out the 10gbps with multiple connections.

Furthermore, the speedtest server might be too slow to handle 10gbps.

Thanked by 1hostdare